Author Topic: Someone save me from the endless pit I've fallen into of custom MKBs  (Read 1722 times)

Offline VipermanGT2

Hey everyone, I'm from near Chicago. Gamer, work in IT, Networking, CCNA, etc. Finishing my degree in Cybersecurity & Defense.

I'm in the market for a 60% mech. Bought a switch tester with Cherry's then one with Kailhs(or however they're spelled), and wasn't super impressed by any of them. Most of the 60% boards I found all were either soldered switches or expensive for hotswap, or I wasn't a fan of their form factor.

Ended up finding Tealios and instantly added to cart&purchase after all the positive info I had been reading about them.
Grabbed a cnc aluminum case and the GK64S(bluetooth&usb-c) off aliexpress or banggood(they're like the same imo). I like having dedicated arrow keys and especially a hotswap pcb, so the GK64S fit the bill. I didn't really want to mess around with QMK, although I'd be open to try it out and start using it on a board I don't plan on using constantly. I'm sure it's much easier to use than I realize.  The software that comes with the GK64S should be enough to do what I want which isn't much(I've heard it can be difficult to use sometimes).

Probably will need advice on where to find some keycaps at some point(2U shift, ugh), but looking forward to joining the GH community.