Author Topic: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler. Pics posted...  (Read 361577 times)

Offline tbc

Re: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler [1024 sold; 9 hours to go 0_0)
« Reply #850 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 01:03:29 »
Wasn't shipping supposed to be under $10 for these?  I just checked Paypal and it's almost $16.  Did I misread it/remember incorrectly or did I get overcharged?

they think you're canadian lol

ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #851 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 01:03:57 »
Wasn't shipping supposed to be under $10 for these?  I just checked Paypal and it's almost $16.  Did I misread it/remember incorrectly or did I get overcharged?

Ya, that's not right... I ordered 4 sets and shipping was only $10.47 total.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #852 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 01:06:08 »
Or maybe I derped and it has tax in it.  That's probably it.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #853 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 01:07:18 »
Looks like I need to hit them up since I got charged $115.78 for the set.  It was $99.99 + sub $10 shipping.
Yeah, mine was only 7.71 US

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #854 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 02:04:23 »

If it makes you feel better shipping to EU was 13$ for one set, 26$ for 2 sets and so on    :(

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #855 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 02:37:34 »

If it makes you feel better shipping to EU was 13$ for one set, 26$ for 2 sets and so on    :(

Shipping to Australia was $40.00USD for me so be glad you are not stuck here in this hell-hole, down under  >:( .

Offline Danboard

Re: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler - orders closed
« Reply #856 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 02:38:38 »

Yup, this was the same for Canada too.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #857 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 03:09:05 »

$15 to Fin though
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #858 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 08:12:46 »
Or maybe I derped and it has tax in it.  That's probably it.

That is indeed probably it.  They are registered in San Fran, so you prob got hit with CA sales tax. :sad:
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline SigLogical

• 5 prototypes built
« Reply #859 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 11:12:47 »
:s missed the cut-off for the drop because paypal account decided to lock itself up, pulling me out of the drop entirely. Will there be any Extras? or am i out of luck?
HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #860 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 11:38:48 »
:s missed the cut-off for the drop because paypal account decided to lock itself up, pulling me out of the drop entirely. Will there be any Extras? or am i out of luck?

I wouldn't doubt that a few vendors picked up bulk orders, so there will probably be an opportunity to pick some up.

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #861 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 13:06:38 »

i had that same problem but thankfully it gave me a chance to fix it.  i reauthorized and all is fine now.

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #862 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 13:18:15 »
Ended up as participant 69.

:cool:
null

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #863 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 13:56:21 »
Ended up as participant 69.

:cool:

Ayy lmao.  :))

Offline SigLogical

• 5 prototypes built
« Reply #864 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 02:34:32 »

i had that same problem but thankfully it gave me a chance to fix it.  i reauthorized and all is fine now.

I wouldn't doubt that a few vendors picked up bulk orders, so there will probably be an opportunity to pick some up.

I contacted massdrop and they gave me a another chance, Got in, all is good now  :thumb: Thanks Obama
HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S

Offline Orca

« Reply #865 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 10:55:57 »

$15 to Fin though

Shipping to Australia was $40.00USD for me so be glad you are not stuck here in this hell-hole, down under  >:( .

for ur refrence my shipping to Singapore for 1 set was US$13.40

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #866 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 11:10:34 »

$15 to Fin though

for ur refrence my shipping to Singapore for 1 set was US$13.40

A jump over the ocean doubled the shipping?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #867 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 00:29:18 »

Just taking the piss buddy  ;D .

Forty bucks is still cheaper than buying an IBM keyboard off Ebay and having it shipped here to Convict Town.

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #868 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 01:03:23 »
Yeah if you're in CA you get creamed by sales tax on MassDrop. :< 115 here too. Ended up as #94, was 103 when I joined and 99 most of the drop lol.
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #869 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 05:45:33 »

Just taking the piss buddy  ;D .

Forty bucks is still cheaper than buying an IBM keyboard off Ebay and having it shipped here to Convict Town.

I can attest to that (done it twice very recently).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline intelli78

« Reply #870 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 16:02:48 »
Update for those asking about "re-import" shipping - Massdrop has assured us that they're already doing everything they can, there will be no special package marking.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #871 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 12:06:05 »
Update for those asking about "re-import" shipping - Massdrop has assured us that they're already doing everything they can, there will be no special package marking.

Thanks for the update  :thumb:

This is hoping my parcel slips trough customs unnoticed :p

Offline Atredl

« Reply #872 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 23:55:04 »
Intelli78: I just wanted to pop in hear an say thanks for doing all of the work for this GB. Obviously I'm new to Geekhack and because of this I only found out about this buy through Massdrop. Really glad they were able to do the shipping for this Amazing buy! I'm definitely in the camp that thinks that going through Massdrop to reach more people is the way to go. Hope you have continued success with KeyChatter and the rest of your endeavors!

Offline choc

« Reply #873 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 08:25:21 »
too bad, missed it.
plz notify me if this opens again.  :p

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #874 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 10:43:04 »
Intelli78: I just wanted to pop in hear an say thanks for doing all of the work for this GB. Obviously I'm new to Geekhack and because of this I only found out about this buy through Massdrop. Really glad they were able to do the shipping for this Amazing buy! I'm definitely in the camp that thinks that going through Massdrop to reach more people is the way to go. Hope you have continued success with KeyChatter and the rest of your endeavors!

Agree 100%. I know not too many people like MD, but if you want numbers and have a better chance of something succeeding I think this is the route to go. I'm glad intelli put this on there and used it as a platform for this GB. It worked so well. Thanks agaian intelli! :cool:

Offline intelli78

« Reply #875 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 14:17:44 »
Np bros.

Offline Chemisery

« Reply #876 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 00:40:44 »
too bad, missed it.

You can try contacting MD or hit the classified when the shipping has started as some have bought more than 1 set.
Filco MJ2 Ninja Brown TK + Iron Mask II + GMK Dolch
WTB:
Riptide MX
Cosmic Dusk V2 MX
Nebulus V2 MX
Interstellar Blue V2 MX

Offline Atredl

« Reply #877 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 17:07:56 »
too bad, missed it.

I'll have a couple extra sets. Shoot me a PM once they're shipped.

Offline shawn o

« Reply #878 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 20:59:06 »
There is a request button on the original buy and once it hits 200 the drop will re-launch. Its at 122 right now.

Offline cjhard

• Claudia the Magnificent
« Reply #879 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 21:04:34 »
That's just how Massdrop works, they only reach out to the designer or vendor to request another run, but GMK has a minimum order quantity to consider.

It may run again someday, but pretend it won't.

Offline ttzhou

• in your base, belonging
« Reply #880 on: Sun, 19 April 2015, 23:16:02 »
There is a request button on the original buy and once it hits 200 the drop will re-launch. Its at 122 right now.

I don't think that will be the case for this. Other drops have reached 200 requests and have not redropped. I think 200 = contact manufacturer, but it's up to manufacturer to decide if they will produce.

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #881 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 00:55:39 »
I'm probably going to pick up a set off someone so hopefully a bunch of you guys picked up an extra set! Lol
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #882 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 01:17:17 »
I'm probably going to pick up a set off someone so hopefully a bunch of you guys picked up an extra set! Lol
I'm pretty sure. There was also someone picking up ~400 sets near the end.

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #883 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 01:20:26 »
I'm pretty sure. There was also someone picking up ~400 sets near the end.
Although I'm not expecting GB pricing I still hope not to get a butt raped lol
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #884 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 05:19:12 »

Any extras that will go into the Classifieds section will no doubt be aiming for your aperture, hence if you really want this key-set you need to apply a liberal amount of KY and just grin through the experience.

Hopefully there won't be any lasting damage to your good self and remember to always participate in any future GMK Group Buys because it's always worth the effort.

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #885 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 06:01:26 »

Any extras that will go into the Classifieds section will no doubt be aiming for your aperture, hence if you really want this key-set you need to apply a liberal amount of KY and just grin through the experience.

Hopefully there won't be any lasting damage to your good self and remember to always participate in any future GMK Group Buys because it's always worth the effort.
As to be expected.
Luckily for ME and the reason (besides financially) for not participating is that I don't feel as this was the perfect set for me as this doesn't fit my color preferences and I'm just more interested in the history and such behind why/how it was made.
So if I can't get my desired price point I'm perfectly comfortable with not being able to get a set and will wait for a GMK key set that fits my color preference.
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #886 on: Mon, 20 April 2015, 16:06:34 »

As to be expected.
Luckily for ME and the reason (besides financially) for not participating is that I don't feel as this was the perfect set for me as this doesn't fit my color preferences and I'm just more interested in the history and such behind why/how it was made.
So if I can't get my desired price point I'm perfectly comfortable with not being able to get a set and will wait for a GMK key set that fits my color preference.

What is your keyboard preference?

Offline intelli78

« Reply #887 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 01:36:00 »

:-X :-X :-X :-X :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #888 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 01:45:49 »
Show Image

:-X :-X :-X :-X :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

All those beautiful blue-green pantone chips. That keyboard is nice too. ;)

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #889 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 05:24:44 »
Show Image

:-X :-X :-X :-X ??? ??? ??? ???
Are you sending these to GMK?

Offline intelli78

« Reply #890 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 05:25:53 »

Not all of them... just the one I pick for them to color match.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #891 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 05:36:42 »

Not all of them... just the one I pick for them to color match.
Thats what I thought, if I am going to take a guess, the two that are front and center?

Offline intelli78

« Reply #892 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 05:39:56 »
Will be making the final decision this weekend. But believe me, it's 100% impossible to judge these colors on a monitor. What you're seeing is gonna be completely different than the chip IRL. Hell, the chips look vastly different even under different lighting conditions.

If there is one thing I've learned from this GB, it's that colors are really ****ing complicated when you start looking closely. And LCD monitor colors are really quite different than real life objects like paper and plastic. I always took this stuff for granted but it is not simple at all.

From now on I'm only going to operate my life in MS Paint colors.  :confused:
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 April 2015, 05:43:10 by intelli78 »

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #893 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 06:46:52 »
Will be making the final decision this weekend. But believe me, it's 100% impossible to judge these colors on a monitor. What you're seeing is gonna be completely different than the chip IRL. Hell, the chips look vastly different even under different lighting conditions.

If there is one thing I've learned from this GB, it's that colors are really ****ing complicated when you start looking closely. And LCD monitor colors are really quite different than real life objects like paper and plastic. I always took this stuff for granted but it is not simple at all.

They do make color calibrated monitors intended for people doing real world design, but they are really expensive. And normal computer stuff looks like crap on them.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #894 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 08:03:30 »

I'm sure the set is going to turn out beautiful either way intelli

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #895 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 10:29:56 »
what happened to color matching the loaner cap?

Offline MarkRobbo

« Reply #896 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 10:34:57 »
what happened to color matching the loaner cap?

There was never a plan to color match the sets which exist at the moment IIRC.

He wanted to match a teal color of partial aging, not what it has aged to today.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #897 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 10:43:46 »
I only know a little about colors, but trying to match an emissive color (on screen) with a reflective color (cap, samples, etc.) is always a challenge. You've done an admirable job, and I'm sure whatever you come up with will be amazing!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #898 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 11:58:06 »
There was never a plan to color match the sets which exist at the moment IIRC.

He wanted to match a teal color of partial aging, not what it has aged to today.
you're right.. kinda. he acquired a loaner board but didn't have permission to send it to MD.. and the board he purchased is actually a lot more yellowed than in the initial photos that (i assume) the buyer provided. i stopped thinking about all of this after joining the drop but it makes sense now

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #899 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 13:18:07 »

Thanks for the work, I think I speak for everyone when I say I'm glad this set hit, well crushed, the MOQ.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done