Author Topic: New Rick & Morty!  (Read 11366 times)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
Re: New Rick & Morty!
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 02:22:56 »
Found this episode to be rather incoherent to be honest. Maybe I'm just not familiar with the source material.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 17:09:11 »
Meh, never really cared for Birdperson as a character anyway. And the wokeness of inferring Rick is gay for Birdperson seemed forced.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 17:24:29 »
Meh, never really cared for Birdperson as a character anyway. And the wokeness of inferring Rick is gay for Birdperson seemed forced.

didn't notice any gay inference

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 11:21:24 »
Waiting to watch this episode, but I did love the Mafia stylings of the previous w/ the Voltron reference.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 21 August 2021, 19:07:56 »
Sept 5th , so , far , away .....  goin' into Woke-Withdrawal. 

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 23 August 2021, 03:04:46 »
Yesssss, but it will be an extra-long episode, apparently. Should be good :D .

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 23 August 2021, 14:15:15 »
Yesssss, but it will be an extra-long episode, apparently. Should be good :D .

I wouldn't be opposed to R&M going the South Park route and just doing a few hour long specials each season

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 23 August 2021, 14:33:08 »

an extra-long episode

I don't know.

After you guys started talking about it, I worked my way through the series. By the last couple of seasons it had gotten so crazed and frantic that I don't know they could keep the adrenaline up for much more than 23 minutes without the story line being strectched beyond the breaking point.

Insane or not, there is some sort of tale being told. And personally, I don't like the type of ending where the entire universe is about to end and then there is a flash of light and the family is sitting in the living room watching TV and saying "that was weird" ....

State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 24 August 2021, 01:05:30 »

an extra-long episode

I don't know.

After you guys started talking about it, I worked my way through the series. By the last couple of seasons it had gotten so crazed and frantic that I don't know they could keep the adrenaline up for much more than 23 minutes without the story line being strectched beyond the breaking point.

Insane or not, there is some sort of tale being told. And personally, I don't like the type of ending where the entire universe is about to end and then there is a flash of light and the family is sitting in the living room watching TV and saying "that was weird" ....
I think I'll give them a bit more credit than that to be honest.

I honestly don't mind it. R&M is so short that a lot of things often feel overly compressed. Maybe this episode doesn't have to do that.

Besides, this season's been pretty decent so far, I think :) .

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 03 September 2021, 13:28:14 »
2 more days,    / foams @ mouth

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 05 September 2021, 23:56:34 »
Well ok.. am impressed..  Cautiously optimistic,  it is Not going to be easy to write future episodes with that new context.

Requires a whole new ball game.   

This GROWTH in depth is probably a first in the history of television. 

It is certain that Rick and Morty is the Condensed Epitomy of Sci-Fi.

One can argue that Trek has already touched most of the subjects, but their story contraptions were always RESOLVED in a backwards human quo way.  RM has dispensed with that dull edge.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 06 September 2021, 11:56:14 »
Truly excellent episode. Well-worthy of a season finale. Really enjoyed it.

Despite the added length, a bunch of things were still rushed through though. I understand, as even the lengthened episode is only 21 minutes. But I really reckon R&M could do with a feature-length film or something. I find that often, when it takes its time to go through things, R&M is at its best, and when it goes to muted montages, it's at its weakest.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 06 September 2021, 13:58:25 »

Despite the added length,

I just downloaded "Rick and Morty Season 5 Finale" but probably won't watch it until tonight or tomorrow. It appears to be the usual 23 minutes. Is that right?
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 06 September 2021, 15:22:41 »

Despite the added length,

I just downloaded "Rick and Morty Season 5 Finale" but probably won't watch it until tonight or tomorrow. It appears to be the usual 23 minutes. Is that right?
Hmm, now that you mention it, yes... I had been led to believe it was a longer episode than usual Oo .

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 06 September 2021, 15:32:45 »
there's 2 separate ones, both 23min.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 00:54:48 »
I bet the golden portal gun leads to memories, allowing the user to travel to any memory ever lived by any Rick or Morty.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 11:12:00 »
I bet the golden portal gun leads to memories, allowing the user to travel to any memory ever lived by any Rick or Morty.

why though ?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 11:46:26 »

why though ?

So 'evil' Morty can relive every moment before he 'lost his innocence' over and over again.
This is just a theory, but let's assum Morty's are implanted with childhood memories. Good ones, crafted to deliver a positive and happy childhood. Even though those memories are 'fake' they are still real in the mind of a Morty, so he can travel there and be a normal boy living a normal life from that point forward since he can control the memory. He can just live an entire lifetime in some other Morty's memory, over and over. Never meeting Rick.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 11:58:51 »
So 'evil' Morty can relive every moment before he 'lost his innocence' over and over again.
This is just a theory, but let's assum Morty's are implanted with childhood memories. Good ones, crafted to deliver a positive and happy childhood. Even though those memories are 'fake' they are still real in the mind of a Morty, so he can travel there and be a normal boy living a normal life from that point forward since he can control the memory. He can just live an entire lifetime in some other Morty's memory, over and over. Never meeting Rick.

I agree he CAN do that, but what's the motivation, you can't just drink orange juice forever.

Evil morty is on par with rick's brain power.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 12:37:45 »
there's 2 separate ones, both 23min.
Ah yes, now I see.

Watched the crow one now too - this one DOESN'T have any rushed bits, which is good. Liked this episode! Not as good as the finale, but good nonetheless!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 12:42:13 »
When I was younger I really wanted to have a pet raven after seeing this video of a trained raven taking off from a moving convertible, flying over the car for a bit, then landing on the passenger seat rest. I could never find that video again, but man corvids are pretty cool.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 12:43:06 »
It was a good plan to launch both of these at the same time,  If I saw 9 , i'd be ripping my hair out for a week until 10.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 15:12:08 »
9 was amazing - story kept me drawn in and wanting to see everything play out.  I still need to watch ep 10, which I will more than likely do tonight when I put my son to bed. 

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 15:47:07 »

I agree he CAN do that, but what's the motivation, you can't just drink orange juice forever.

Evil morty is on par with rick's brain power.

I bet the reason they come up for that is that he has already lived the lives of countless Morty's. His time is no longer cyclical, in fact time means nothing if you never age and can jump to any memory. That's what made Rick so smart, being able to experience so much in one lifetime by glitching out his lifespan by dimension hopping. I bet evil Morty has done the same thing (literally what we see at the end, he made the portal juice out of past Morty memories) which is why he reached the conclusion he did. He just wants to live in a happy place free from Ricks, and that is only in his memory.

Maybe there will be a big reveal that the green portal juice is the memory of all Ricks, and that has become the universe the others live in. Nothing being real or mattering since it already happened. Evil Morty wanted another option, and the only other option with as much scope was the memories of Morty's.

If this is the reveal in next seasons finale someone owes me a coke
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 September 2021, 15:50:23 by noisyturtle »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 07 September 2021, 20:40:16 »
I missed the family, they provide a welcome counterpoint.

« Last Edit: Tue, 07 September 2021, 20:42:04 by fohat.digs »