Author Topic: Antivax ?  (Read 80421 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Antivax ?
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 30 July 2021, 09:45:54 »
I always get paranoid even being vaxxed that it won't do anything. It's just like driving a car, it only takes one idiot who doesn't care, and BAM you're dead if you have your seatbelt on or not.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 30 July 2021, 09:48:19 »
I always get paranoid even being vaxxed that it won't do anything. It's just like driving a car, it only takes one idiot who doesn't care, and BAM you're dead if you have your seatbelt on or not.

At this point, that's exactly what has happened.

The vaccine still protects you from hospitalizations and death.

It just isn't strong enough to stop transmission of delta variant.  WHICH MEANS, for ALL circumstances involve other hughmahns, we will need to wear masks.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 30 July 2021, 10:01:56 »

if you have your seatbelt on or not

The seat belt analogy is actually a very good one to the vaccination scenario.

Nearly 90% of Americans wear seat belts but over half of deaths are of people without them.

https://www.cdc.gov/transportationsafety/seatbeltbrief/index.html
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 04:35:49 »
Florida Hospital declares CODE BLACK, as cases near last summer's peak.. ??

WTH, why do they call it that, so ominous

It means people dying left and right, in a mediaeval Europe way. It's supposed to sound ominous.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 07:48:34 »
Arkansas:

We started seeing in June and definitely in July, kids coming in the hospital that were sick with COVID. So respiratory infections, pneumonia, requiring oxygen, requiring assistance to breathe, so that's definitely a change. And just in the month of July we've committed over 40 children to the children's hospital with COVID infections and a number of those have ended up in the intensive care unit. I have to emphasize as well that at least half of those children that we've admitted are over the age 12, so eligible for a vaccine and none, zero had been fully vaccinated. So, this is a preventable disease and we're highly encouraging parents to vaccinate.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 10:15:19 »
Texas:

Austin health officials warn there are 16 staffed ICU beds left for 2.3 million residents as COVID cases surge.

So.. like,   i could've sworn we've been here before,   but  ALSO,  how is that a warning ? 16 left.  come get yours soooonish, no hurry.   It's basically the same as saying we've run out already.

2.3 million residents.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 11:42:27 »
Texas:

Texas reached the milestone Wednesday, hitting 53,275 covid-deaths, defeating New York for 2nd most.

At 1 point, Texas was trailing NewYork by 29,000.

Since then, though Texas is 54 percent more populous, more than twice as many Texans as New Yorkers have succumbed to COVID-19.

California, the most populous state, 1st in the nation with 64,372 virus deaths.

Offline yui

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 08:45:32 »
oh so that is why there is so many anti vaxxersm they try to beat each other death toll :) well there has been cleverer games around, but still better than going to bomb civilians in 3rd world countries.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 08:55:46 »
oh so that is why there is so many anti vaxxersm they try to beat each other death toll :) well there has been cleverer games around, but still better than going to bomb civilians in 3rd world countries.

Lollapalooza music festival is happening RIGHT NOW..  chicago gon' win.

it brings together ~100,000 people PER DAY for ~4 days,  young people singing, drinking, yelling, doing droogs.. not a mask in sight.

Super spreader event amid DELTA V.

273313-0
273315-1
273317-2

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 09:13:10 »
Iowa:

DES MOINES, Iowa -- With coronavirus cases rising throughout Iowa and around the nation, health experts are becoming increasingly worried about next month’s Iowa State Fair, which will bring more than 1 million people to Des Moines from around the state

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 13:49:46 »
Texas:

Austin health officials warn there are 16 staffed ICU beds left for 2.3 million residents as COVID cases surge.

So.. like,   i could've sworn we've been here before,   but  ALSO,  how is that a warning ? 16 left.  come get yours soooonish, no hurry.   It's basically the same as saying we've run out already.

2.3 million residents.

Sounds like it's time to kick out anyone who didn't bother to get vaccinated.  Though if they all have to pay for care anyway (that's the American way, right?) can they?
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline wowaweewa

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 17:13:42 »
Japan expands state of emergency as infections surpass 10,000,   3865(tokyo).

Delta variant responsible for 70% infections.

Any chance that the olympics will be interrupted ?

Of course not.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 09:34:54 »

Lollapolooza

Generally, I think of fresh air and sunlight as good disinfectants ....
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 13:10:40 »
Texas:

2.3 million residents.

Sounds like it's time to kick out anyone who didn't bother to get vaccinated.  Though if they all have to pay for care anyway (that's the American way, right?) can they?

While I can understand the sentiment, the fact that all the vaccines are still under EUA means refusal to take one does not affect one's standard of care (according to the handout accompanied by the vaccines); although I don't think it would even if it had full FDA approval.

Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 13:32:08 »
Also in case anyone's noticed, the World's been super horny lately. Everyone's dressing in less, ****ing more, just generally slutting it up all-around. Men and women.
All this strange sex cannot be good for virus spreading. It is that moment where horniness overrides any good decision making or thought process for most people. Most people are animals and simply cannot control themselves.

As a prude noisy disapproves, but I do thank the Universe everyday for butt cheek pants.
While everyone's ****ing in the streets, I'll be far away behind a tree with binoculars in a 3-peice suite and my robot butler jerking me off so I don't actually have to touch my own disgusting body.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 19:16:42 »
Spain:

3 pregnant women died from Covid-19 in the last month in Barcelona, Málaga and Murcia. But experts warn the real figure could be higher as the registry system is “not exhaustive.” “What’s more, there have been fetal deaths in at least Madrid and Mallorca, and numerous urgent C-sections due to the worsening state of the expectant mothers"

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 03 August 2021, 11:58:37 »
It would seem they've detected korona in white tailed deer, and rats beneath new york.

If this was civ, full blown plague may be imminent ?

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 03 August 2021, 20:45:47 »
It would seem they've detected korona in white tailed deer, and rats beneath new york.

If this was civ, full blown plague may be imminent ?
You have your terms mixed up.

Plague is a disease, it caused a pandemic/epidemic.
Covid is already the 8th largest in history by number of dead and it won't be long before it breaches the top 5.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 12:48:38 »
Everyone's dressing in less, ****ing more, just generally slutting it up all-around.
Noisy must know some secrets. I've had little luck lately xD . Am trying to date again, but it's slow going atm!

Offline Kavik

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 14:00:57 »
Everyone's dressing in less, ****ing more, just generally slutting it up all-around.
Noisy must know some secrets. I've had little luck lately xD . Am trying to date again, but it's slow going atm!

"Hello and welcome to this review of my new girlfriend. This one is a donation from a viewer. Thanks again, mate!"  :thumb:

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 16:46:51 »

"Hello and welcome to this review of my new girlfriend. This one is a donation from a viewer. Thanks again, mate!"  :thumb:
Not into girls, but if I manage to snag a boyfriend through my reviews somehow, that'd be.... actually, I'm not sure how I'd feel about that xD .

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 17:31:23 »

Not into girls, but if I manage to snag a boyfriend through my reviews somehow, that'd be.... actually, I'm not sure how I'd feel about that xD .

I've seen how you store your keyboards in boxes on shelves.  That seems cruel if someone sent you a man.  Just sayin...

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 17:51:30 »

I've seen how you store your keyboards in boxes on shelves.  That seems cruel if someone sent you a man.  Just sayin...

oh my.... /takei

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 18:29:56 »

I've seen how you store your keyboards in boxes on shelves.

Perhaps he evaluates lovers as critically as he does keyboards, then stores the good ones in boxes and discards the inferior ones?

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 05:48:46 »

I've seen how you store your keyboards in boxes on shelves.

Perhaps he evaluates lovers as critically as he does keyboards, then stores the good ones in boxes and discards the inferior ones?
Are you saying you guys DON'T do that?!

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 07:04:27 »
Florida:

Hospitalization record, 3rd day in a row.   140death per day.   NO big deal though, says desaintis.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 07:20:04 »
So

DELTA vs the Delta- PLUS.

Delta is the fast spread higher viral load.

the PLUS, is a mutation of the spike protein which gives it higher evasion of the immune system.

-mostly been used interchangeably in recent news cycle.

LAMBDA-variant (from Peru), 3 new mutation.

senior researcher Kei Sato of the University of Tokyo believes "Lambda can be a potential threat to… human society".

"Because the Lambda variant is relatively resistant to the vaccine-induced antisera (blood serum containing antibodies against specific antigens), it might be possible that this variant is feasible to cause breakthrough infection.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 10:47:49 »
So

DELTA vs the Delta- PLUS.

Delta is the fast spread higher viral load.

the PLUS, is a mutation of the spike protein which gives it higher evasion of the immune system.

-mostly been used interchangeably in recent news cycle.

LAMBDA-variant (from Peru), 3 new mutation.

senior researcher Kei Sato of the University of Tokyo believes "Lambda can be a potential threat to… human society".

"Because the Lambda variant is relatively resistant to the vaccine-induced antisera (blood serum containing antibodies against specific antigens), it might be possible that this variant is feasible to cause breakthrough infection.

This is why we need more than just vaccines to fight this. Vaccines are just one tool. Anti-virals, either repurposed old drugs (Ivermectin), or new, expensive, highly profitable drugs would be a good stop gap for the rest of the world to prevent mutations while vaccination is underway and also prevent selective pressure from the somewhat narrow protection from antibodies for one specific shape of one protein. We can hope the mutations become less lethal, but there's no guarantee of that.

I suppose with mRNA tech, we could quickly come up with new vaccines for the new version of the spike protein.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 10:54:57 »

with mRNA tech

The human race has already proven that it can irreparably damage the planet "indirectly" by stoking global warming, soon we will see if we can make a frontal assault on the genetic process itself.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 15:46:54 »
Arkansas:

Hospital staff -walking off the job, middle of shift-,

Single hospital, 200 nursing positions, unfilled.

Hospital occupancy redline, ambulances no where to go.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #81 on: Fri, 06 August 2021, 09:16:28 »
Florida:

135 children hospitalized

Arkansas:

Confirmed 3rd child died of corona.  not alot, YET.....!!

Texas:

Hospitals shortstaffed, salary quadruple for temp nurses, no one showed up as hiring is no longer federal effort.

Houstan sewage system reports 320% higher lvls of covid detected.

7 States make up 50% of all covid cases:::

Florida, Texas, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama and Mississippi,

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 06 August 2021, 09:23:10 »
Texas hospitalizations

In previous surges, up to 2% to 3% of child hospitalizations were coronavirus-related, according to Dr. Charles Hankins, Chief Medical Officer of CHRISTUS Health. The majority of these cases were teenage children with pre-existing health.

Currently, 10% of pediatric hospitalizations are coronavirus-related, and half of those young patients are in the ICU. According to Hankins, the Delta variant also hospitalizes children without underlying medical conditions.

This basically means , if you're an underlying conditioned young person, it's even MORE dangerous this time around.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 06 August 2021, 09:28:45 »
I suppose that only a Communist would think something like "I'll take all the help I can get."

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 06 August 2021, 09:56:54 »
I'm assuming this is not good::

273606-0

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #85 on: Fri, 06 August 2021, 21:21:23 »
Not sure if the numbers I saw were for a state or the country but basically while not as high (yet) the infection rate is climbing faster than it was at peak last year.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 06 August 2021, 22:07:32 »
Not sure if the numbers I saw were for a state or the country but basically while not as high (yet) the infection rate is climbing faster than it was at peak last year.

Apparently also Arkansas says Triage.. Sooooon.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #87 on: Fri, 06 August 2021, 22:35:43 »
If they haven't already been doing military triage already they're actually killing more people.
First come first serve is fine when you have enough resources but when you have a 19 hour ambulance wait on a hospital bed or oxygen, you're out of resources.

Considering some of the states we're talking about though, it wouldn't surprise me.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #88 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 17:43:18 »
Lambda variant has appeared in Jpn.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #89 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 18:56:47 »
North texas hospitals closes ER, now Covid Only

Florida cases projection to peak end of august @ 51,000 cases per day.

Louisiana: this IS putting young people 18-49 in the hospital and it IS KILLING some of them.

///  Pretty serious stuff.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #90 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 07:55:13 »
-Florida hitn' 23K cases / day.

-Texas hospitals at breaking point, lines in hallway for ICU, 50% icu patients on ventilators.

-Smaller hospitals Fail to transfer critical patients as ALL larger nearby, even out of state hospitals are full.

-Delta completely different beast, up to 1250x viral load,  patients are YOUNGER, significantly SICKER, and DYING.

-Sturgis Motorcycle rally 700,000 attendee going full steam, no mask in sight. Woke Netizens remark how this is an extremely vulnerable population noting their average waist size and generally low class appearance.

-Recent Vaccine uptake increase is GOOD, but according to WHO disease mathematician it's much too late to prevent wave 3.

-5pun1k-V vaccine fail delivery targets as nations renegotiate with other sources.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #91 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 21:37:03 »
-Sturgis Motorcycle rally 700,000 attendee going full steam, no mask in sight. Woke Netizens remark how this is an extremely vulnerable population noting their average waist size and generally low class appearance.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 08:13:58 »
Entire state of Arkansas has only 8 icu beds left.

They're doing Tents again.

Texas:

274004-0

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 08:53:46 »
14-year-old Daniel Salinas developed COVID-19 psychosis. It is a condition that can cause psychiatric symptoms, including hallucinations, in some COVID-19 patients after other symptoms have abated.

Theory, central nervous system (brain) inflammation in younger patients.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 08:58:53 »
Israel:

274006-0

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 06:55:41 »
_Dozens_ of Florida/ Texas/Arkansas hospitals out of ICUs.

Arkansas is completely out of hospital space for covid, like that's it. they're full.

ICU is serious business, like roach motels,  they check in, but they dun''' .....

Florida requests 300 ventilators from federal government

Pretty good nurse video::

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2021/08/10/mississippi-nurse-resigns-covid-intv-sot-nr-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/coronavirus/

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #96 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 07:55:38 »
It's only the flu!!!

There Are More Than 50 Long-Term Effects of COVID-19

BTW, people who had SARS have seen it go for over 2 years (I've heard 3.5) and Covid is related to SARS, it's why we got the Covid vaccine so quickly. 

More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #97 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 11:28:03 »
I know the wife and I are finally planning to get our shots for the Vax - definitely not an Anti-Vaxxer since I have always received a Flu shot every year.  I've just been hesitant towards it since there hasn't been an approval via the FDA etc and seeing the adverse affects pool as well, which yes is a small collective of adverse reactions from it but they're still there.  Knowing my luck I would be lumped into the pool of having a reaction beyond the norm.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #98 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 12:02:53 »
I know the wife and I are finally planning to get our shots for the Vax - definitely not an Anti-Vaxxer since I have always received a Flu shot every year.  I've just been hesitant towards it since there hasn't been an approval via the FDA etc and seeing the adverse affects pool as well, which yes is a small collective of adverse reactions from it but they're still there.  Knowing my luck I would be lumped into the pool of having a reaction beyond the norm.
I can understand waiting, that's being cautious not bull headed.
Unfortunately you're running out of time for caution, Delta is going to get just about everyone, if you can get it tomorrow I would urge you to do so before Delta finds you.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #99 on: Wed, 11 August 2021, 12:15:05 »

the adverse affects pool as well, which yes is a small collective

Now that hundreds of millions of people have received shots and bad reactions are a tiny fraction of one percent, doubt seems like an implausible excuse.