Author Topic: Masks4ever  (Read 3700 times)

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Masks4ever
« on: Wed, 28 July 2021, 06:38:42 »
Are you OK with indefinite outdoor masks ?

Tp4= 2^2ugly so, he's obviously ok with it.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
Re: Masks4ever
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 28 July 2021, 07:09:39 »
nope, I like being able to be mask free outside but I'm more ok with enforced masks inside businesses/stores due to the closer quarters to other people.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 28 July 2021, 09:00:52 »
Those of you who weren't adults and paying attention before the late 1970s can't remember the time when the Republican Party did not devote itself to ****ing up the world in every way it could imagine.

It didn't use to be like this. I myself was a Republican until they nominated Reagan in 1980, but when that happened I knew that the party had succumbed to the Dark Side. I hoped that it wasn't permanent. I still have that hope, although it will require that every trace of Trumpism, fundamentalist religion, and dark money will have to be expunged from its program.

State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 13:57:37 »
Well the Dark Side does have cookies, so it's hard to refuse - also a good force chokehold tends to bend the will.
But yeah it will definitely take the one thing needed to fix it and that's time.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline Faceman76

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 18:07:26 »
Outside is ridiculous and unnecessary.

Indoors is even iffy. If everyone isn't wearing a mask that is N95 or better, it's just like pissing in the wind.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TKC 1800, Crystal Box Navy, Sprit 100g

Offline Faceman76

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 18:10:19 »
Why is this a political discussion?  Trump may have downplayed it, but it was Democrats in Chinatown telling everyone not to worry and that Trump was a racist. No matter what party was in control, it was coming here one way or another.  Just take a look at Europe.  Even Australia is under lock down again.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 30 July 2021, 07:06:17 »
Why is this a political discussion? 

Trump downplayed it

Democrats in Chinatown

There are many reasons why it became political.

As a speech platform republicans decided their base preferred 1 narrative over the other and it snowballed.

As a side swipe to kill americans, RUS military intelligence fuel both drumph's previous election and the current anti-science/vax agenda.

There are as many demos as repubs in China taking handouts, whatever their own motivation/tactics were, they would've occurred independent of china's agenda.

DEEP Conspiracy side, the most plausible theory seems to be that they (Power that be) is deliberately culling the american population to avoid climate disaster as the average american has 1 to 2 order of magnitude carbon footprint.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 30 July 2021, 09:29:03 »
So here's the rundown on DELTA BREAKTHROUGH infections.

Data out of Massachusetts, India, China, indicates that up to 1250x viral load of delta variant is enough such that an (infected vaccinated person) can shed enough viruses to infect (someone else, anyone else, vaccinated or not).

The vaccine is Still Highly Effective Protection against hospitalizations and Death.   

However, its ability to support Maskless Activity is bunker busted.

____Masks4ever gekha...

Offline Kavik

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 30 July 2021, 11:24:18 »
Caveat: I'm basing this completely out of my own butt.

I think the message of "wear masks" is over simplified. Most people around here wear surgical masks (well, they wear nothing now), which I'd think are the least effective since they don't seal at all around the edges of the face. They basically prevent splatter, which is only somewhat helpful. Also, since masks presumably catch virus on them, they should be washed or discarded frequently and not touched (i.e. adjusted every time someone's jaw moves when speaking). There's also the notion that people think masks make them invincible, so they do risky things when just staying away from other people would be a better option overall.

This is why debate over whether or not they are effective is stupid. It lacks all nuance; it just "either this or that" (just like everything else now).
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Olumin

• "Guy walks into a doctor's office..."
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 30 July 2021, 11:25:19 »
Are you OK with indefinite outdoor masks ?

We never had to wear masks outdoors in germany, only indoors and in crowded public areas. FFP2 have since become standard for most people, and they are supplied readily.

I dont like people looking at me, so the less they can see the better.
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 July 2021, 11:26:59 by Olumin »

Offline yui

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 08:36:00 »
tbh i feel i will end up wearing masks all summers now, works wonders to suppress my allergies, so i would not care if it becomes the norm.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 09:22:30 »
Potential Collapse:

At this point majority hospitalization is age 18-49.   This is the young/ middle age workforce.

The current viral load is 1000x, so hospital staff are exposed to that much more. The load can overwhem them, and then with Summer festivals/ events all going ahead,   Sturgis, 700,000 people, iowa state fiar, 1,000,000 people, lollapolooza, 500,000 people.

The difference is, BEFORE, hospital staff withstood vanilla covid,  DELTA is roided up covid.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 06 August 2021, 20:47:57 »
Indoors yes, but not outdoors unless a complete collaspe of society

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 06 August 2021, 21:00:12 »
Last year I actually did notice my breathing improved with long-term mask wearing. I was using 4 layer procedural masks everywhere and morning congestion improved, lung capacity increased, I just felt all around better. Now I wear a sports fabric one and everything is back like it was, leading me to believe these fabric masks don't do such a great job.

On the downside of wearing masks everywhere for over a year, inner nose pimples. It really annoys me how their pain output is so much higher than their severity.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 06 August 2021, 21:51:28 »
A couple of years ago I grew a pretty decent-looking goatee, and a mask just hides it completely.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline Faceman76

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 06 August 2021, 22:12:33 »
Last year I actually did notice my breathing improved with long-term mask wearing. I was using 4 layer procedural masks everywhere and morning congestion improved, lung capacity increased, I just felt all around better. Now I wear a sports fabric one and everything is back like it was, leading me to believe these fabric masks don't do such a great job.

On the downside of wearing masks everywhere for over a year, inner nose pimples. It really annoys me how their pain output is so much higher than their severity.
If I wear a cheap surgical mask or any mask that doesn't seal well around my nose, I will constantly have styes in both eyes.  This won't happen with a good sealing N95 or N99 mask, but they suck to wear all day at work.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 15:08:19 »
I guess indoors may be forever.
I use masks in shops, but thing is if I'm in for more than 5 minutes, I start to sweat and have problems breathing (maybe I have asthma?)
but if its necessary, then yeah, I will wear it anyway.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline yui

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 09 August 2021, 12:04:02 »
I use masks in shops, but thing is if I'm in for more than 5 minutes, I start to sweat and have problems breathing (maybe I have asthma?)
i have asthma, and masks do not interfere with breathing enough to trigger it at all, actually helps because of dust and pollen filtration, i kinda feel like the difficult to breath thought mask thing is a bit of a placebo...
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline phinix

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 09 August 2021, 15:50:44 »
i have asthma, and masks do not interfere with breathing enough to trigger it at all, actually helps because of dust and pollen filtration, i kinda feel like the difficult to breath thought mask thing is a bit of a placebo...

OK, so maybe I don't have asthma. But I do have problems breathing in it, almost suffocate, gets sweaty and my head heat up, at least it feels like it.
I remember I had a peak flow test once and it was very low, nurse asked me if I was diagnosed asthma cause results were really bad.
Maybe its something else, nevermind - thing is I can't comfortably breath with mask.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 09 August 2021, 23:31:35 »
OK, so maybe I don't have asthma. But I do have problems breathing in it, almost suffocate, gets sweaty and my head heat up, at least it feels like it.
I remember I had a peak flow test once and it was very low, nurse asked me if I was diagnosed asthma cause results were really bad.
Maybe its something else, nevermind - thing is I can't comfortably breath with mask.
There's a big difference between the cheap blue masks and the heavy cloth ones, the cloth ones are by far the worst to breath in, I found it takes a while to adapt to them but you usually can.

Point is, try different masks.
Try an N95, those can actually be cooler, more comfortable and protect you better than almost anything else.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline udller

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 01:03:48 »
people have to wear masks besides america, i dont think trump matters much in other places unless they wanted to be the apprentice..

Offline phinix

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 10 August 2021, 03:11:41 »
There's a big difference between the cheap blue masks and the heavy cloth ones, the cloth ones are by far the worst to breath in, I found it takes a while to adapt to them but you usually can.

Point is, try different masks.
Try an N95, those can actually be cooler, more comfortable and protect you better than almost anything else.

I use these blue surgical masks, but now when N95 are more affordable, I may try them.