Author Topic: Anime Thread  (Read 381719 times)

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
Re: Anime Thread
« Reply #250 on: Fri, 14 December 2012, 11:44:08 »
I just want to say, I only watched the first 17 minutes of the first episode of Hyouka and it has really been excellent thus far.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Re: Re: Anime Thread
« Reply #251 on: Fri, 14 December 2012, 13:00:45 »
I just want to say, I only watched the first 17 minutes of the first episode of Hyouka and it has really been excellent thus far.
yea its decent thats for sure.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #252 on: Fri, 14 December 2012, 14:42:13 »
Has there been any good movie releases in Anime lately?  I really enjoyed 5cm which is the only movie I can really recall off the top of my head for some reason.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #253 on: Fri, 14 December 2012, 15:55:08 »
Has there been any good movie releases in Anime lately?  I really enjoyed 5cm which is the only movie I can really recall off the top of my head for some reason.
its been a long while since 5cm so most definitely

Offline Viz

« Reply #254 on: Sat, 22 December 2012, 15:39:38 »

This series is suprisingly good.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #255 on: Sat, 22 December 2012, 16:13:45 »
Show Image

lol that monitors too new for thats series!

Offline Viz

« Reply #256 on: Sat, 22 December 2012, 16:20:58 »
Show Image

Heheh, the setup you see in that pic consists of spare parts. However; I seem to really like to resolution of the monitor for some weird reason.  :eek:

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #257 on: Sat, 22 December 2012, 16:23:53 »
Show Image

Heheh, the setup you see in that pic consists of spare parts. However; I seem to really like to resolution of the monitor for some weird reason.  :eek:
what is it 1280x1024? i wish i had a 1600x1200 or higher resolution 4:3 LCD for some things preferably IPS

Offline Viz

« Reply #258 on: Sat, 22 December 2012, 16:36:13 »
Show Image

what is it 1280x1024? i wish i had a 1600x1200 or higher resolution 4:3 LCD for some things preferably IPS

Yea, 1280x1024, I am currently looking for a 19" 4:3 LCD.

Offline Sai

« Reply #259 on: Sun, 23 December 2012, 20:35:23 »
Where can I read the light novels? =)

here you can read the light novels of All SAO. http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Sword_Art_Online
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline Excaliborg

« Reply #260 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 22:43:51 »
I spent most of today watching Angel Beats! from start to finish because of a friend who praised it at Ikkicon a few days ago.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #261 on: Mon, 31 December 2012, 05:24:33 »
I spent most of today watching Angel Beats! from start to finish because of a friend who praised it at Ikkicon a few days ago.
twas alright to me i think the studio has done better works.

Offline Lanx

« Reply #262 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 01:28:45 »
twas alright to me i think the studio has done better works.
yea
like "another" even tho angel beats is a good 13eps series.

Offline Excaliborg

« Reply #263 on: Wed, 02 January 2013, 18:41:13 »
I finally finished Sword Art Online. I thought it was pretty cool, it's always nice to see a main character doing whatever has to be done to achieve something.

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #264 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 09:16:12 »
Marathoned 'Say "I Love You"' over New Year's day, and just started 'My Little Monster'. 

'Say "I Love You"' seemed to start off stronger than it finished to me.
| HHKB Pro 2 | Leopold FC660C
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #265 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 09:23:21 »
I finally finished Sword Art Online. I thought it was pretty cool, it's always nice to see a main character doing whatever has to be done to achieve something.

Except that the fairy sequel was quite horrible IMO. Too draggy, not much of getting to the point, and that rape scene at the end wasn't necessary at all. It should've just ended with kirito walking out of the hospital during SAO.

Offline reverkiller

« Reply #266 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 18:41:30 »
During this winter break, I watched Steins;Gate and loved it. I'm currently meandering through Bakemonogatari, and I don't like it nearly as much as my brother wants me to.

I mostly like mecha, but really dig the whole One Piece/Naruto/DBZ/Bleach trope of "weak, train, get stronger, fight progressively harder enemies", like a video game. I'd like to write a novel to match that trope some day! (I much prefer that trope in manga as its quicker to digest)
Stockpile: Das Keyboard Ultimate (Blues), Ducky YotD (Reds), Model M ('87), Poker (Reds), Siig Minitouch (ALPS) || In Progress: Phantom || Wishlist: Filco Japanese Layout (Browns)

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #267 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 18:47:25 »
During this winter break, I watched Steins;Gate and loved it. I'm currently meandering through Bakemonogatari, and I don't like it nearly as much as my brother wants me to.

I mostly like mecha, but really dig the whole One Piece/Naruto/DBZ/Bleach trope of "weak, train, get stronger, fight progressively harder enemies", like a video game. I'd like to write a novel to match that trope some day! (I much prefer that trope in manga as its quicker to digest)
did Gundam 00 has the perfect balance of everything for a mecha in my eyes

Offline reverkiller

« Reply #268 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 19:03:01 »

I've only ever seen Gundam Wing, but it stands as one of my favorite series of all time. I used to watch it on TV when I was a kid and loved it, and I think it is my favorite anime series ever. I actually really like the English Dubs.
Stockpile: Das Keyboard Ultimate (Blues), Ducky YotD (Reds), Model M ('87), Poker (Reds), Siig Minitouch (ALPS) || In Progress: Phantom || Wishlist: Filco Japanese Layout (Browns)

Offline Champloo

« Reply #269 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 19:54:04 »

Yeah I've started Bakemonogatari a few times now but I just can't get past the first episode, not sure what it is just having a hard time wanting to watch it.

On the 18th episode of Ghost Hunt and I am really enjoying it, someone told me it was a bit too corny for them but I have really enjoyed watching it

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #270 on: Fri, 04 January 2013, 20:57:57 »

I've only ever seen Gundam Wing, but it stands as one of my favorite series of all time. I used to watch it on TV when I was a kid and loved it, and I think it is my favorite anime series ever. I actually really like the English Dubs.
if yo ulike wing watch unicorn it pretty short too but its done in the older style

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #271 on: Sat, 05 January 2013, 03:09:32 »
Ive seen a few, Samurai Champloo, Baccano, and Cowboy Bebop are some of my favorites.

Anybody have any thoughts on Baccano?
Having a bad day?
QFR/Pure/FC660C(45G)/HHKB Pro 2(45G)/RF 87U (55G)

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #272 on: Sat, 05 January 2013, 03:11:37 »
Ive seen a few, Samurai Champloo, Baccano, and Cowboy Bebop are some of my favorites.

I liked it, liked it enough to buy the BDs when they were released in the US.

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #273 on: Sat, 05 January 2013, 03:59:41 »

Honestly the intro was what pulled me in, but the show was actually really well put together. Was happy i took the time to watch it. Not a huge anime guy, but that was my favorite series of late. If anyone knows of any series' similar, please feel free to recommend :)
Having a bad day?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #274 on: Sat, 05 January 2013, 10:40:03 »

Honestly the intro was what pulled me in, but the show was actually really well put together. Was happy i took the time to watch it. Not a huge anime guy, but that was my favorite series of late. If anyone knows of any series' similar, please feel free to recommend :)
are you looking for something the same in style or presentation or story wise?

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #275 on: Sat, 05 January 2013, 12:18:36 »
Prof, recommend me some Anime movies =)

Offline KangarooZombies

• HHKB Pro
  • ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
« Reply #276 on: Sat, 05 January 2013, 14:43:59 »

The style was neat but honestly the story and presentation was what pulled me into those series'.
Having a bad day?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #277 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 01:09:17 »
Prof, recommend me some Anime movies =)
i dont watch many movies anymore but i have to see what i can dig up. I think most of the anime community is focused on series as of late with the only recent movies being one piece, pokemon, etc. Does it matter ago wise for them?

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #278 on: Sun, 06 January 2013, 01:10:39 »

The style was neat but honestly the story and presentation was what pulled me into those series'.
ill have to think on that because that anime was rather unique in everyway.

Offline Zehkul

« Reply #279 on: Fri, 18 January 2013, 14:06:43 »
Studio Shaft seems to like Filcos.

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai, another show that started just a week ago.

Except that the fairy sequel was quite horrible IMO. Too draggy, not much of getting to the point, and that rape scene at the end wasn't necessary at all. It should've just ended with kirito walking out of the hospital during SAO.

Even the light novels aren’t much better there. Just look forward to the second season, it’s going to get muuuch better there. :P Kirito as a trap with a light saber between big guys with big guns. ****ing epic!

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #280 on: Fri, 18 January 2013, 14:10:20 »
That reminds me i havnt head muchbfrom shaft latly i miss their so with so much text i couldnt read fast enough.

Offline Zehkul

« Reply #281 on: Fri, 18 January 2013, 14:17:09 »
That’s pretty much *monogatari only, or are there any other anime from them that involve rapidly blinking text? Madoka had the runes, but nothing seizure inducing.

Aside from that, Nekomonogatari came out fairly recently.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #282 on: Fri, 18 January 2013, 16:57:22 »
im talking zetsubo sensei style and they had bunches of anime like that trust me cause i had to hear the *****ing from the typesetters

Offline Zehkul

« Reply #283 on: Fri, 18 January 2013, 17:37:26 »
Ah yes zetsubo sensei was another seizure anime, you’re right. Just nothing I think is worth remembering. :p

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #284 on: Fri, 18 January 2013, 17:53:51 »
Ah yes zetsubo sensei was another seizure anime, you’re right. Just nothing I think is worth remembering. :p
they have quieted down on them which is weiird they had w hole section dedicated to them for like 2 years

Offline Excaliborg

« Reply #285 on: Fri, 18 January 2013, 22:37:17 »
I gave up on trying to read everything when I was watching SZS. I paused a lot during the first season but after that I read what I could catch on the board and moved on.

This weekend I have been watching pretty much nothing but various yuri series. I finished Candy Boy yesterday and spent most of today watching Sasameki Koto from beginning to end. Next up is Kashimashi to keep the theme going over the weekend. I am going to be sad when I run out of series in the Shoujo Ai genre since I find the relationships that happen much more interesting than what occurs in most anime nowadays.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #286 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 21:50:07 »
just finished Say "i love you" in one sitting, im such a sucker...

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Anime Thread
« Reply #287 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 22:34:31 »

Awe prof!

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #288 on: Sat, 19 January 2013, 22:53:24 »

Awe prof!
*blushes*

Offline Zehkul

« Reply #289 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 06:10:42 »

I didn’t get past episode ~3 there. Tonari is much better, imo. ^^
But well, I’m easily bored.

I am going to be sad when I run out of series in the Shoujo Ai genre since I find the relationships that happen much more interesting than what occurs in most anime nowadays.

True.
The cutest thing I’ve ever seen from this category is the “girl friends” manga. Really great stuff. :-)

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #290 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 10:59:51 »

On ep 5 now...

Offline Excaliborg

« Reply #291 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 11:35:22 »
I was just on Amazon and Girl Friends was in my recommendation section haha. The second volume/collection just came out on the 8th so this is good timing.

I will have to check out Sukitte Ii na yo and Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun to see which one I enjoy more, starting with Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun since it began airing 5 days earlier.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #292 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 11:37:26 »
Have to say the only Anime I can watch that isn't Akira is Neon Genesis Evangelon... and after watching 1.11 and 2.22 I've started to rewatch the whole show and then gona move onto the older movies.

Such a good show, just really hate how over-sexualised the children are in it... if it wasn't for that fact (imo) it could have been a much bigger hit in the west that it is atm...

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #293 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 11:40:58 »

On ep 5 now...

All I have to say now is, episode 7 is brutal man.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #294 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 12:51:56 »

I didn’t get past episode ~3 there. Tonari is much better, imo. ^^
But well, I’m easily bored.

I am going to be sad when I run out of series in the Shoujo Ai genre since I find the relationships that happen much more interesting than what occurs in most anime nowadays.

True.
The cutest thing I’ve ever seen from this category is the “girl friends” manga. Really great stuff. :-)
with slice of life being my prefered genere I like more layed back anime and for me the best relationship anime take a while to get there but give you a great ride.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #295 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 12:59:00 »

On ep 5 now...

All I have to say now is, episode 7 is brutal man.
the whole series has points like that.

Also if you like this anime i know of at least 2 other that are very good and in the same style artwork included. Which BTW i think the art work is great.

O i know you were looking for movies there have been a bunch that have come out but i havnt watch many as i dont watch me movies along i tend to watch them with friends because its easier. But watch Summer Wars even the Dub is great. I was moved to the tears. On a side note I may be a sucker.

Offline wiredPANDA

« Reply #296 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 13:15:41 »

I marathoned it two weeks, ago.  I was hooked after the first episode. 

Then I started watching Little Monster.
| HHKB Pro 2 | Leopold FC660C
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #297 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 13:28:18 »

I marathoned it two weeks, ago.  I was hooked after the first episode. 

Then I started watching Little Monster.
man we're just a bunch of suckers arnt we :(

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Anime Thread
« Reply #298 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 13:46:05 »
I've fallen in love with the Lupin III movies. :D

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #299 on: Sun, 20 January 2013, 14:27:07 »