Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1401105 times)

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 00:11:41 »
Ran a bunch of errands as I just came back from vaca. Also found out the FTP and mail server went down at work while on vaca do was pissed when I heard that.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline bear95

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 01:25:36 »
Longboarded for my first time at my future college's campus and ran into a bus in front of a bunch of people :D I just lied there in the rain in pain.

Offline ImaMoFoThief

• I play DotA!
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 02:06:55 »
i desoldered all the LED's on my race and found why the arrow cluster on it wouldn't work. just waiting for some new switches to replace the broken ones and then my race will be working and i can do a spring swap to make it ghetto greens with new green LED lights
(Xender) and size probably matters
(Xender) but dont quote me on that
(Xender) and i just realized what i said

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #53 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 02:58:36 »
Got a phone call at 4:30pm... Had to come into work... Now I'll be here till 7am, but when I get home I'll get to sleeve my PSU and play with my new Caselabs case!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 03:53:17 »
Went to a local fleamarket

Offline iri

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 07:10:59 »
Today I went longboarding and tomorrow im going snowboarding!
on a glacier?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 10:10:57 »
Put my Blade mCPX BL upside down and managed to fly it without crashing for the first time
Then flew my T-REX 500 for the first time this year.

For those who are not familiar with RC helis - This is not my own collection. The 500 is the largest in this set, and the mCPX the smallest.

In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 15:28:32 »
on a glacier?

lol I wish!  We drove a rail up to a north-facing bowl that still has some snow on it and played around a bit!

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 16:37:58 »
Were you driving your WRX?

on a glacier?

lol I wish!  We drove a rail up to a north-facing bowl that still has some snow on it and played around a bit!

In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline iri

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 17:28:52 »
on a glacier?

iri jealous anyways
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 23:42:29 »
This week I started to code in .NET at work ... again. Damn it feels nice!

Long story short, I've been coding foxpro for like 2,5 years, then started doing .NET half my time and then had to go back full time foxpro because the foxpro team could not deliver without me. Was supposed to be temporary, lasted 2,5 years... never going back again!

c# or vb.net? I do c#

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 14 July 2013, 23:56:45 »

i had band practice today! yesterday i tweaked my neck riding bmx (funny landing, previous injury) so I pulled out my trusty Trek 400 (i call it my pretty pony), pumped up the tires and rode it for the first time in about a year.  i still like riding bmx more.

now i'm just waiting to get off work so i can go puff on some fresh greens :)

« Last Edit: Mon, 15 July 2013, 00:46:35 by sth »
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline ImaMoFoThief

• I play DotA!
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 00:39:19 »
how did you manage to quote me from another thread into here?

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 00:46:20 »
how did you manage to quote me from another thread into here?

a glitch in the matrix ! actually i think i accidentally multiquoted you ;)
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline ImaMoFoThief

• I play DotA!
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 00:47:45 »
eh, i'll accept it, also work sucks man, i just wanted to whip out my desoldering kit and finish taking the LED's off my race

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 15 July 2013, 02:50:33 »
eh, i'll accept it, also work sucks man, i just wanted to whip out my desoldering kit and finish taking the LED's off my race

Do it in the bathroom.

OT;
I studied all day because I have no life, got up sat at computer sippin green tea and in bed now, still reading my note D;
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 08:11:06 »
Started sleeving my PC cables... First time I've tried it!

Offline Jack Karneval

• I'm gunna pop some keys, only got $20 in my pocket
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 08:19:15 »
Show Image

Nice color combo! Whenever I get the money to build a computer that's far more insane than the one I have, I'll try and do my own sleeving.
: CM Storm Trigger (MX Green) : KBT Pure Pro (MX Blue) :

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 08:26:51 »
Show Image

Nice color combo! Whenever I get the money to build a computer that's far more insane than the one I have, I'll try and do my own sleeving.
Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be... Just makes your fingers hurt like the ****ens!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 08:32:14 »
Show Image

looks great man
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 08:32:40 »
Pooped, ate pizza, and got drunk. Not in that order.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 08:54:54 »
Last night, I found out I got robbed some more, and my bank was an accomplice.

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
  • WEST SHINJUKU PLANTING TUNE
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 12:35:22 »
my bank was an accomplice.

That is both the most depressing and least surprising part of the whole thing. :(
17:15 < vun> these are the healthiest crisps I've ever come across
17:16 < vun> mostly because I can't get the bag open

meebcats - my bad music

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 12:37:46 »

You need to move your accounts to a credit union.  I still bank with same credit union, in Oregon, that I joined in 1998.  Haven't lived in Oregon since 2003.

Offline Jack Karneval

• I'm gunna pop some keys, only got $20 in my pocket
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 12:38:19 »

You need to move your accounts to a credit union.  I still bank with same credit union, in Oregon, that I joined in 1998.  Haven't lived in Oregon since 2003.

Oath to that!
: CM Storm Trigger (MX Green) : KBT Pure Pro (MX Blue) :

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 12:38:43 »
meeba... hug me

<(;_;<)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 12:39:22 »
I like banks that have national coverage because I travel a lot, and don't want any reason to be away from my money. (And one of those reasons is I hate paying ATM fees...)

Plus I've been a member of this bank since 2004 (Washington Mutual). I know that probably doesn't mean anything, but I like consistency and longevity. But now, I'm contemplating moving. I'll see what they say tonight and make my decision on that.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 12:46:59 »
* CPTBadAss hugs moose

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 12:51:13 »
* esoomenona holds on very tightly

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 12:51:56 »
meeba... hug me

<(;_;<)

Next time you come down you can have a hug AND some beer! <3

* funkymeeba gives moose and CPT a giant hug.

meebcats - my bad music

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 12:53:25 »
Woah, woah, woah. Forget the hugs. Did you say BEER!?

Offline funkymeeba

• CRUMPULAR
« Reply #81 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 12:55:22 »
My only regret is that I have no MY switches for you to play with!

meebcats - my bad music

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 12:56:53 »
I like banks that have national coverage because I travel a lot, and don't want any reason to be away from my money. (And one of those reasons is I hate paying ATM fees...)

Plus I've been a member of this bank since 2004 (Washington Mutual). I know that probably doesn't mean anything, but I like consistency and longevity. But now, I'm contemplating moving. I'll see what they say tonight and make my decision on that.

I've never been charged ATM fees accessing my accounts at any other credit union ATM.  If you get a lot of paper checks it can be a bit tiresome mailing stuff to your home credit union, but since I do most of my banking online, that's rarely an issue.

And none of that; "Oh, you deposited a check larger than usual, so we're going to put a hold on those funds for ten business days."

If you do any international travel, you might want to look into the State Department Federal Credit Union.  Anyone can join, and they are one of the few US banks that issues chip-and-PIN debit cards, the system used by most European banks.  I don't have an account there, but I'm thinking of opening one just to get one of these cards for travel.

https://www.sdfcu.org/

Offline iri

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 17:31:17 »
modded my third cherry g80-3000 for the third time.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 18:22:40 »
I've never been charged ATM fees accessing my accounts at any other credit union ATM.

people don't understand that the credit union coop = free ATMs everywhere, pretty much anywhere there's another coop CU. you can do shared branch banking too -- i went to portland 2 days after losing a debit card, but since i had direct deposit i just had to go to a CU in portland, give them my account number and home CU and i could withdraw as much as i needed. saved my ass!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 18:24:22 »
* funkymeeba gives moose and CPT a giant hug.

Awwww yeah

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 01 August 2013, 19:17:50 »
Called out of work. Fooled myself into thinking Id do some new job searching. Ended up clicking around on geek hack and playing video games. Also played some guitar. I worked a little bit on a business idea I have but basically another non-productive day. Oh well. :thumb:
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 14:25:32 »
I didn't do much. I am a tourist on my last day in Amsterdam, and I have visited the sights that I had intended to visit. I skipped the Anne Frank house and the synagogue. Instead I visited a market today, where I looked at cannabis paraphernalia, and bought a G84 keyboard (Cherry ML) and a couple of t-shirts. The Netherlands is in a heatwave right now, and I was stupid enough to walk around in a pair of black jeans... so I walked around in the heat in search of a pair of good shorts, but there is a sale in every store now, which means that they only have crap or odd sizes left...

Then I took a shower and changed into a t-shirt with a Nyan Cat - motif. Nyan Cat, as you know is trailing a rainbow... I went out to town to look for a place to have pancakes, and then it struck me that it is Gay Pride Week in Amsterdam and that the rainbow on my t-shirt could be misinterpreted as being a gay flag ... So I immediately walked back to the hotel, where I serfed the 'Net and planned the next day before going out for dinner.
A pretty uneventful day...
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 August 2013, 14:28:06 by Findecanor »

Offline iri

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 14:31:01 »
I didn't do much. I am a tourist on my last day in Amsterdam, and I have visited the sights that I had intended to visit. I skipped the Anne Frank house and the synagogue. Instead I visited a market today, where I looked at cannabis paraphernalia, and bought a G84 keyboard (Cherry ML) and a couple of t-shirts. The Netherlands is in a heatwave right now, and I was stupid enough to walk around in a pair of black jeans... so I walked around in the heat in search of a pair of good shorts, but there is a sale in every store now, which means that they only have crap or odd sizes left...

Then I took a shower and changed into a t-shirt with a Nyan Cat - motif. Nyan Cat, as you know is trailing a rainbow... I went out to town to look for a place to have pancakes, and then it struck me that it is Gay Pride Week in Amsterdam and that the rainbow on my t-shirt could be misinterpreted as being a gay flag ... So I immediately walked back to the hotel, where I serfed the 'Net and planned the next day before going out for dinner.
A pretty uneventful day...
thank you very much for your thorough, expressive story.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #89 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 14:31:19 »
A co-worker and I were supposed to go for a bike ride after work today, so I got up early to make sure my bike was ready - I haven't ridden it since I moved to Virginia last summer.  Aired up the tires, greased the chain and gears, took off the fenders and tail rack.  Used to commute on my bike in Seattle, and fenders are really useful to keep the mud and road debris off, but Virginia is a lot less rainy.

Got into work and found out my buddy didn't bring his bike after all, so we rescheduled to tomorrow morning.

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 02 August 2013, 22:50:39 »
go to somalia and be a pirate and steal all the container whcih contain cgerry keyboards.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 14:13:15 »
Today I drank some coffee, logged into Windows, and then opened up Internet Explorer 6, where I typed in "http://www.geekhack.org" and began to post wonderful information.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 15:16:06 »
Cut fiberglass boat stringers and bulkheads. Packaged and then loaded them on a Southeastern trailer. About to get down on some Fallen Enchantress and watch Shark Week on DVR!

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 15:22:29 »
More rackspace **** and setting up sftp server... -_-
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 05 August 2013, 15:42:31 »
My roommate moved out this morning, now I'm spending the rest of the day naked

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 12:43:20 »
thank you very much for your thorough, expressive story.
You are so very welcome.  :-*

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 12:44:30 »
Bought a bunch of clothes.

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 12:51:05 »
My roommate moved out this morning, now I'm spending the rest of the day naked

LOL!

Offline ra7c7er

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 13:38:59 »
I found a Dell AT101W in the trash at my apartment complex. I pulled it out of the dumpster and cleaned it and it works great. Could use some lubing though I might have to find someone to send it to to get it cleaned and lubed. BTW this is my first clicky keyboard and I love it already.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 06 August 2013, 14:03:38 »
I found a Dell AT101W in the trash at my apartment complex. I pulled it out of the dumpster and cleaned it and it works great. Could use some lubing though I might have to find someone to send it to to get it cleaned and lubed. BTW this is my first clicky keyboard and I love it already.

Was it the white or black version?