Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1401020 times)

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #8900 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 05:37:56 »
Cleaning the house.
That's it.

Offline funkmon

« Reply #8902 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 21:43:31 »
I slept and it was good.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8903 on: Tue, 16 February 2021, 23:01:20 »
I've been dry for almost 2 months, but tonight I'm drinking beer! 2 beers I'm already buzzed  :-[ but man I'm in a great mood  :rolleyes:

And if you're wondering if I felt any better at all the answer is no, not drinking did not improve my overall well being one bit. So that answers my question of 'is being sober worth it'

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8904 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 21:03:50 »
I had two opportunities at some ill-gotten but free money today. One where a gentleman on crutches was getting onto the bus and dropped a literal wad of cash without noticing. I picked it up, got his attention, and gave it right back. Then at a store I gave the clerk exact change but they didn't look and assumed I paid in $20s, handing me back some cash that I promptly told them was incorrect.

I'm not a bad person and I try to do good when able, yet I am still 2 months behind on rent and barely able to afford my own food. In retrospect maybe this was the Universe trying to help me out, and I inadvertently screwed it up by trying to do the right thing?

Sometimes it just doesn't feel good being good. Karma's a *****.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8905 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 21:33:39 »

Sometimes it just doesn't feel good being good.

No, doing the right thing is always the right thing.

The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.

Gandhi and King succeeded, even after being assassinated, and Trump failed.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline yui

« Reply #8906 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 02:31:33 »
and Trump failed.
although i agree with doing the right thing is the right thing to do, I'd rather fail like Trump than succeed like i am now, barely having enough to keep myself alive and giving away stuff and money regularly to feel like i am not a useless weight on society. i feel that even though he "failed" he is better off than most of us...
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #8907 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 05:24:02 »

Sometimes it just doesn't feel good being good.

No, doing the right thing is always the right thing.

The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.

Gandhi and King succeeded, even after being assassinated, and Trump failed.

Trump is the product of COLLECTIVE American-Failure.

We like to blame the figurehead, but never ourselves for our own bad habits which contributed to the rise of corruption.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8908 on: Thu, 11 March 2021, 08:06:12 »

and Trump failed.

even though he "failed" he is better off than most of us

Whether or not he has any money today, or will have any in a couple of years, remains to be seen. He failed his country, his oath, and humanity itself.
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #8909 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 10:45:03 »
Why did you link it, it has no use for a majority of us.  why not just state w/out link. :headscratch:  fricken bots

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #8910 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 16:50:06 »
Tested my new switches - Zealios v2 78g - pretty awesome, I love no pre-travel and tactility. Heavy AF, but I like it:)

This weekend we managed to clean up our shed inside, painted it dark brown outside and cut the grass. Had my 5km walk. Then take all garbage to the recycling center.
I'm in agony... I WANT MY EPIDURAL.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #8911 on: Sun, 25 April 2021, 21:55:36 »
Tested my new switches - Zealios v2 78g - pretty awesome, I love no pre-travel and tactility. Heavy AF, but I like it:)

This weekend we managed to clean up our shed inside, painted it dark brown outside and cut the grass. Had my 5km walk. Then take all garbage to the recycling center.

How do you like heavy switches

Offline phinix

« Reply #8912 on: Mon, 26 April 2021, 02:50:13 »

How do you like heavy switches

I always felt that Topre 55g wasn't enough for me.
Years ago I tried MX green, was fine, but clicks were driving me nuts.
Then tried Tealios 67g, also not enough.
Then tried Glorious holy pandas 67g, was very nice, loved the lack of pre-travel - this is a must for me in tactile switches.
Now went for Zealios v2 78g - these are amazing, loving them so far. But started to worry if I will feel them too overwhelming with time, then should I lube them.

Time will tell. Sooner or later, time will tell... :D
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8913 on: Sun, 08 August 2021, 22:40:19 »
Tomorrow I begin my new job. Very nervous, but also quite excited. Working remotely is going to be a unique and challenging experience to get used to, especially when my job is in part to motivate and inspire. We all start at the bottom for every hill we climb though.

The 4 Horseman of My Apocalypse I'll be focusing on not deterring my advances:
Self-Sabotage
Complacency
Doubt
Laziness

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #8914 on: Mon, 23 August 2021, 11:24:39 »
I closed my PayPal-account that I had had since 2002.

PayPal had gone to ****. Forced two-factor authentication on users without verifying that the contact info they had worked or having ways to contact them to get it fixed, and which therefore locked out a large number of users. At the same time, started charging users for inactivity. And... started trading in Bitcoin, which is a crime against the earth and humanity.
Because of increased toll and tax, it is not worth buying small things from overseas anymore, anyway.

Offline yui

« Reply #8915 on: Tue, 24 August 2021, 14:01:40 »
Tried to adapt Make's RNG to KiCAD, 1st project on KiCAD, there are a few things i wish it did a lot better but it is decent, although there might also be that i have never done such a complicated electronic project, ever.
Make's schematics: https://i2.wp.com/makezine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Really-Random-Figure-J.jpg?ssl=1
I still need to find how to export gerbers though
i attached my project if more experimented peoples want to chime in and tell me all the things i did wrong, and what i can do better.

Offline MarkThomas69

• Proextender
« Reply #8916 on: Wed, 06 October 2021, 03:37:11 »
its almost 2 to 3 years i dont know why but i am doing nothing  :(

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #8917 on: Wed, 06 October 2021, 10:38:52 »
I am going to see no time to die i'll keep you guys in touch

Offline Tastenplatte

« Reply #8918 on: Sun, 10 October 2021, 10:13:05 »
Took lots of walks today.

Offline Avenray

• N/A
« Reply #8919 on: Sat, 16 October 2021, 23:21:40 »
Jam some kendama~

Offline phinix

« Reply #8920 on: Mon, 18 October 2021, 04:19:15 »
Just took a covid test, first time, never had symptoms before. I've been sick last two days, but all symptoms match perfectly rotavirus, not corona really.

Offline phinix

« Reply #8921 on: Mon, 18 October 2021, 06:04:15 »
Just took a covid test, first time, never had symptoms before. I've been sick last two days, but all symptoms match perfectly rotavirus, not corona really.

Oh, and covid tester girl on test site was hitting on me :) She asked - "how do you pronounce your name?" and " oh, that's nice, I like it.. so what plans do you have for today?"
I replied "well, working from home, waiting for test results..."   :D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8922 on: Mon, 18 October 2021, 08:14:15 »

Oh, and covid tester girl on test site was hitting on me :) She asked - "how do you pronounce your name?" and " oh, that's nice, I like it.. so what plans do you have for today?"

Wife x2 ?

Offline phinix

« Reply #8923 on: Mon, 18 October 2021, 08:53:19 »

Wife x2 ?

One is enough:)

Offline al2882

« Reply #8925 on: Mon, 18 October 2021, 10:13:22 »
So I'm not sure if this is a wise thing to type and I oft. err on the side of ... caution.

But this coming week I am interviewing for a 2nd full time job. I am working a remote job now but I think I can handle 2 remote jobs...so hopefully I can make more, save more, pay off student loans quicker...and save even more after that...

Offline phinix

« Reply #8926 on: Mon, 18 October 2021, 10:44:47 »

Offline yui

« Reply #8927 on: Wed, 17 November 2021, 04:43:53 »
trying out a new to me resin and pigments to make dices and keycaps, so far, glitter, chalk and metallic pastels are failures, i do not know if the black iron oxide sank or not and the 72h curing time may be a bit long for what i want to do :)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8928 on: Tue, 01 March 2022, 17:31:08 »
Got screened for cancer today. I was secretly hoping it would come back positive, so I could have an easy out to this garbage life.
Even walking in the middle of the highway at night, people were still changing lanes to not hit me. It is like I can't even die correctly.
I just want a guilt-free death, with my terrible luck I'll probably live to 120.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8929 on: Tue, 01 March 2022, 17:37:25 »
Got screened for cancer today. I was secretly hoping it would come back positive, so I could have an easy out to this garbage life.
Even walking in the middle of the highway at night, people were still changing lanes to not hit me. It is like I can't even die correctly.
I just want a guilt-free death, with my terrible luck I'll probably live to 120.

NT, ur  AI core is damaged, 

Negative feedback loops are pathing you towards overindulgence/addict behaviors which then reinforce your poor health / mental outcomes.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8930 on: Tue, 01 March 2022, 18:07:35 »

Negative feedback loops are pathing you towards overindulgence/addict behaviors which then reinforce your poor health / mental outcomes.

I agree quick-reward reinforcement loops are a contributor to it. Part of me feels like I am not worth working on to be made better, part of me feels as if I am incapable of doing so. The past 8 years have proven that I cannot hold success, whether through events that are out of my control, or my own self-sabotage, I always fail at everything.

****ing pathetic

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #8931 on: Tue, 01 March 2022, 18:08:31 »
explained data models and automation to newhires.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #8932 on: Tue, 01 March 2022, 18:52:28 »
I suppose it was negative. Then at least you accomplished something.

I was supposed to have a gastroscopy today to check for cancer. Got a nervous breakdown instead.
Accomplished nothing.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #8933 on: Tue, 01 March 2022, 19:09:04 »
been in NYC since last Thursday. flying home in like 14 hours, been fun
I love Elzy

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #8934 on: Fri, 04 March 2022, 12:04:18 »

I agree quick-reward reinforcement loops are a contributor to it. Part of me feels like I am not worth working on to be made better, part of me feels as if I am incapable of doing so. The past 8 years have proven that I cannot hold success, whether through events that are out of my control, or my own self-sabotage, I always fail at everything.

****ing pathetic

TP is correct, as you agree, and I'm right there with you...at least concerning some of what you said. The last 2 years have been the worst continuous years of my life and there's no sign of anything getting better. Health issues, self-esteem issues, job-issues, lack of productivity, despair...all getting worse. It's been a trying 2 years inside of an already trying 10 year period. It's tough, man, and I feel ya.  :(  I don't have any answers for you because I don't have any for myself. I've been to counseling, have a great support system of loved ones, and plenty of tools to help me get better. I just don't think I can do it (self-esteem) and I've wasted crap-loads of time and effort (low motivation and productivity) into trying to fix things...to no avail. What I do find useful, although temporary, is "doing things". Hanging out with friends and/or just driving around doing errands gets my mind off the bad stuff. But they're only distractions. Once I come back home and sit in my Chair of Despair *patent pending* it all comes rushing back.

I find it odd that it's so difficult for you to die on the streets of Orlando. Most people here can do it while trying not to! Try it while biking...Floridians hate bikers and will try to run them over.

I was supposed to have a gastroscopy today to check for cancer. Got a nervous breakdown instead.
Accomplished nothing.

Sorry to hear about that  :(  I should probably get one of those too but am too anxious to consider it. I had my first colonoscopy last year and it was one of the most awful experiences I've ever had, due to a pelvic condition that I have and to my needle phobia. It was two days of various horrible, continuous discomfort.

//DO NOT RECOMMEND
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8935 on: Fri, 04 March 2022, 12:09:44 »
Switch to a Whole Food Plant Based lifestyle,   greatly reduces the risk of Colon cancer.

Don't eat any imported berries,   some come from belarus, and they run hot.

Offline smarmar

« Reply #8936 on: Fri, 04 March 2022, 12:57:24 »
Switch to a Whole Food Plant Based lifestyle,   greatly reduces the risk of Colon cancer.

Don't eat any imported berries,   some come from belarus, and they run hot.

I've heard that Wyman's Wild Blueberries (frozen) are good for cleansing the innards, as well as freshly-juiced celery.

TP, you can preach the grass-fed diet all you want but most people are not willing to give up their "delicious" foods. Abstinence from something as enjoyable as food and drink is like never listening to good music or never having sex again (if you enjoy music and sex). Even people who pay doctors to tell them to alter their diets don't do it.

Also, some people's bodies do not do well under grass-fed conditions.
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8937 on: Fri, 04 March 2022, 13:08:01 »

Smar, it's hard to discuss this given how your information_set is only casual awareness.

I don't disagree that there may be cases of such persons as you describe,  but the Researched Science clearly indicates, the VAST Majority of humans are healthier on a whole food plant based diet.

Check out Nutritionfacts.org , great videos , short to the point explanations.

Tp4 used to be the ultimate Popeyes Chicken eater.  Wished to god that Veganism was bull****,  Turns out, it is the only viable solution of humanity's greatest challenge,  climate change, as animal agriculture is responsible for 80%+ of net green house effect.

https://climatehealers.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Animal-Agriculture-Position-Paper-1.pdf

Offline smarmar

« Reply #8938 on: Fri, 04 March 2022, 13:18:25 »

Smar, it's hard to discuss this given how your information_set is only casual awareness. 

Check out Nutritionfacts.org , great videos , short to the point explanations.

I'm checking it out right now. I don't claim to be an expert in anything...I am simply speaking from personal experience and the experiences of others around me. I'm an armchair nutritionist, at best. :p

Tp4 used to be the ultimate Popeyes Chicken eater.  Wished to god that Veganism was bull****,  Turns out, it is the only viable solution of humanity's greatest challenge,  climate change, as animal agriculture is responsible for 80%+ of net green house effect.

I'm proud of you for making that change.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #8939 on: Fri, 04 March 2022, 14:43:40 »

Accomplished nothing.

Sorry to hear about that  :(  I should probably get one of those too but am too anxious to consider it. I had my first colonoscopy last year and it was one of the most awful experiences I've ever had, due to a pelvic condition that I have and to my needle phobia. It was two days of various horrible, continuous discomfort.

//DO NOT RECOMMEND
Thanks. I have no problems with colonoscopies though. I have one every year, because of a special condition. Most people only need to have them once every decade after the age of 50 to stay completely safe of colorectal cancer.
For me, and for most people too, the worst part is the prep.

BTW. I hope you got around your needle phobia enough to get vaccinated at least.
A relative of mine has a kid who is afraid of needles and never did — and last week that kid infected its whole immediate family with Omicron.

I've heard that Wyman's Wild Blueberries (frozen) are good for cleansing the innards, as well as freshly-juiced celery.
European wild blueberries (small ones, also called "bilberries") are the opposite though: used against diarrhea. I dunno about American blueberries, but the European small ones are considered a "super-food" because of their concentration of vitamins.
They are a staple here in Sweden, so I consume lots of them either way.

BTW. There's a huge annual cross-country ski-race in Sweden on Sunday, for the 100th year with thousands of participants — and hot "blueberry soup" is traditionally served to skiers at stations along the track.
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 March 2022, 14:45:36 by Findecanor »

Offline smarmar

« Reply #8940 on: Fri, 04 March 2022, 18:32:38 »
Thanks. I have no problems with colonoscopies though. I have one every year, because of a special condition. Most people only need to have them once every decade after the age of 50 to stay completely safe of colorectal cancer.
For me, and for most people too, the worst part is the prep.
Prep was the worst for me too, especially the IV I had to endure in my arm for what seemed like an eternity before they started the procedure (my 1st, and hopefully last, IV).

BTW. I hope you got around your needle phobia enough to get vaccinated at least.
A relative of mine has a kid who is afraid of needles and never did — and last week that kid infected its whole immediate family with Omicron.
Arm shots don't bother quite as much as the long-term punctures of IVs and blood draws. I'm vaxed all the way up!

European wild blueberries (small ones, also called "bilberries") are the opposite though: used against diarrhea. I dunno about American blueberries, but the European small ones are considered a "super-food" because of their concentration of vitamins.
They are a staple here in Sweden, so I consume lots of them either way.

BTW. There's a huge annual cross-country ski-race in Sweden on Sunday, for the 100th year with thousands of participants — and hot "blueberry soup" is traditionally served to skiers at stations along the track.
[/quote]
I miss skiing  :( Regular skiing, not cross country. I'd like to try that hot blueberry soup.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #8941 on: Fri, 01 July 2022, 12:23:20 »
I have finally graduated grade 12 looking forward to semester at Mohawk

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8942 on: Sat, 02 July 2022, 22:12:44 »
If a coworker insists on reading poetry to you when you already politely declined, run. Run as far away from that conversation as you can.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8943 on: Sun, 10 July 2022, 00:53:44 »
We have finally reached the penultimate of woman's fashion. There was a girl walking around Whole Foods today in just thigh high boots and a bikini.
How much more can they possibly take off before everyone's just walking around nude?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #8944 on: Sun, 10 July 2022, 03:22:49 »
^ Unless you're not including legs sounds like there's plenty of boot left to remove, and I'm sure there are stringier bikinis?

An unusual complaint from one so young...
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8945 on: Sun, 10 July 2022, 03:56:34 »
^ Unless you're not including legs sounds like there's plenty of boot left to remove, and I'm sure there are stringier bikinis?

I don't give a **** how hot you are. I require more than a breadth's width of fabric between your ******* and my produce.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8946 on: Sun, 10 July 2022, 05:39:54 »

I don't give a **** how hot you are. I require more than a breadth's width of fabric between your ******* and my produce.

And YET,  if anyone eats meat, <in factory farms>  the meat is literally raised in the animal's "own toilet".

50-80% chicken off the shelves are contaminated with feces

chickens are staked 5 lvls high, they just p00 on each other's heads.

pigs are raised for ~6 months in pens with 1000s of other pigs, they poo where they stand, only a few feet above raw sewage of ALL of those pigs, that sewage is pumped only 20 feet next to the pen into a giant LAKE of basically anerobically fermenting p00,  they don't even bother to buy / use the bacterea for treating sewage, it's just untreated, and left there, then AEROSOL pumped over a field to dry.

ALL THAT is going into the air, and back into the ventilation system of the Pig Pens. 

And happy yum yum .. !!
:cool:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8947 on: Sun, 10 July 2022, 06:56:55 »

And YET,  if anyone eats meat, <in factory farms>  the meat is literally raised in the animal's "own toilet".

50-80% chicken off the shelves are contaminated with feces

chickens are staked 5 lvls high, they just p00 on each other's heads.

pigs are raised for ~6 months in pens with 1000s of other pigs, they poo where they stand, only a few feet above raw sewage of ALL of those pigs, that sewage is pumped only 20 feet next to the pen into a giant LAKE of basically anerobically fermenting p00,  they don't even bother to buy / use the bacterea for treating sewage, it's just untreated, and left there, then AEROSOL pumped over a field to dry.

ALL THAT is going into the air, and back into the ventilation system of the Pig Pens. 

And happy yum yum .. !!
:cool:

made me lol

Offline iri

« Reply #8948 on: Sun, 10 July 2022, 10:48:32 »
Yesterday I've seen a girl wearing wellies in an huge antique store without AC, in over 30 degress heat.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #8949 on: Tue, 19 July 2022, 02:58:41 »
It occurred to me this morning that yesterday, I had posted both positive and negative posts about a tech at different forums. Both are technically accurate (AFAIK), but I'm apparently not consistent in my opinions.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 July 2022, 04:20:52 by Findecanor »