Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4141691 times)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 12:05:09 »
No matter how many hours of sleep I get, I am always tired.

I had the same issue. Then I decided to sleep just 6.5 hours a day, sometimes a bit less and try to optimize it. A small snack before going to bed, sleeping mask on my face and Sleep as Android instead of ordinary alarm clock... boom, getting up is much easier. Binaural beats while falling asleep... boom, +15 % deep sleep. At least I have another hobby.

Interesting. What did you mean with that Android thing?

Look it up, there are more apps like that. It uses sensors (i.e. accelerometers, microphone) to monitor your activity (movement, snoring) while you're sleeping; based on collected data it wakes you up when you aren't in the deep sleep phase.

Offline stancato9

« Reply #151 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 12:17:48 »

I had the same issue. Then I decided to sleep just 6.5 hours a day, sometimes a bit less and try to optimize it. A small snack before going to bed, sleeping mask on my face and Sleep as Android instead of ordinary alarm clock... boom, getting up is much easier. Binaural beats while falling asleep... boom, +15 % deep sleep. At least I have another hobby.

Look it up, there are more apps like that. It uses sensors (i.e. accelerometers, microphone) to monitor your activity (movement, snoring) while you're sleeping; based on collected data it wakes you up when you aren't in the deep sleep phase.

Oh, those apps. I didn't understand what you meant at first but I have used those before. It didn't seemed like it worked well but I'll give it another go since you say it works. :)
Poker 2 - MX Red

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #152 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 12:50:22 »

Oh, those apps. I didn't understand what you meant at first but I have used those before. It didn't seemed like it worked well but I'll give it another go since you say it works. :)

Fortunately, I don't suffer from insomnia... yet. On the other hand, I've had issues with getting up. I'd just turn the alarm off and fall asleep again, spend 10+ hours in bed and feel tired for the rest of the day... and sometimes I want to watch Day[9] Daily (at 3:50 CET); need to finish a project before deadline at 23:59; or try to catch a bus at 5:35, spend rest of the day at a conference and then go to an afterparty. Kinda like the guy in Eastern Standard Tribe.

For me, things mentioned above (especially the Sleep as Android + Mindroid combo) have been almost life-changing. If nothing else, I want to reimplement them by myself.

Offline Smeagol_RP

• your ad here
    • Steam
« Reply #153 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 13:07:26 »
COD Ghosts.
  • CM QFR (Clears) | CM QFR (Blues) | KBT Poker II (62g Browns) | CM Alcor

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #154 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 17:41:25 »
PS4 ERROR: CE-34878-0
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #155 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 17:58:28 »
Had some deaths and wide spread destruction in the area, due to tornadoes today :(

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #156 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 18:46:51 »
Had some deaths and wide spread destruction in the area, due to tornadoes today :(

:(

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #157 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 20:07:33 »
Damn. And here I was making light of the situation earlier. Didn't know it was going to be that bad. Sorry to hear that man.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #158 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 21:56:35 »
I want to buy from Sprit's GB, but damn is it hard to tell what I am going to get.  Do I just drop the $200 and hope and pray?  Maybe I just have to wait for the first round of people to get stuff so I can get proper pictures of what I am going to get...   :blank:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #159 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 22:12:18 »
I want to buy from Sprit's GB, but damn is it hard to tell what I am going to get.  Do I just drop the $200 and hope and pray?  Maybe I just have to wait for the first round of people to get stuff so I can get proper pictures of what I am going to get...   :blank:

He is a straight up guy. It will work out.

What are you wanting exactly?
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 November 2013, 22:21:57 by SpAmRaY »

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #160 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 22:13:27 »

Oh no!! I just saw videos of it, sorry to hear that.  :confused:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #161 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 22:22:59 »

Yeah thankfully we are fine but we had been in one of the hard hit areas only hours before it came through.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #162 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 22:26:16 »

it would help if he didnt just post random **** sometimes. i understand the language barrier but sometimes he just posts pictures for the sake of posting pictures. like this was his personal tumblr or something.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #163 on: Sun, 17 November 2013, 22:27:57 »

Yeah thankfully we are fine but we had been in one of the hard hit areas only hours before it came through.

That is very scary! Glad you are ok.  :-X

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #164 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 08:54:39 »

He is a straight up guy. It will work out.

What are you wanting exactly?

I want to get a TKL plate which will work on a Filco but has cutouts.  He has said many times that the plates are "Phantom style which we know well", which I assume means that it has cutouts.  When I ask him, he just says to "Trust in me" and "I like cutouts" but he never answers the question.  All the plates I have seen him post have been without cutouts, so it really hard to know what I will be getting.

I am also looking to get a 75% PCB.  I think that should be fine, but a recent plate he posted has a standard 75% layout but with an extra column of 1x1 keys on the left of the keyboard.

Offline iri

« Reply #165 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 11:37:05 »
last weekend i found out about the existence of exotic persian cats...

(the cat says "i need hugs")

...now i want one badly. but no money on earth can cure my allergy >:D

also somehow back problems don't bother me, though i broke my back at the age of 11 and it isn't getting better since then.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #166 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 11:38:17 »

Show Image

also somehow back problems don't bother me, though i broke my back at the age of 11 and it isn't getting better since then.

Is that a real cat :eek:

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #167 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 11:59:10 »

Show Image

http://www.pawnation.com/2013/06/05/10-hypoallergenic-cat-breeds/8
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline iri

« Reply #168 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 14:36:03 »

Show Image

http://www.pawnation.com/2013/06/05/10-hypoallergenic-cat-breeds/8
it's anecdotal.
and i want an exotic persian, not russian blue!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #169 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 16:13:51 »
I just got restricted and blocked on another forum for criticizing admin abuse and other sorts of idiocy a site owner and admin/moderator shouldn't do.

For example, a thread got locked - because the moderator didn't think the ironic joke humour was intelligent enough. I talked him into unlocking the thread, because it was a useful thread. I also criticized him for doing so, and we were cool about it, but it got another mod pretty butt hurt.

And today the mad one restricted my account, and blocked me from the thread afterwards because his appearance in the thread was just retarded.
Me and someone else were joking around on a finished thread because nothing else was happening, the mod came around and said "kindergartens over. take your **** somewhere else", and restricts me quickly after I rattle off some critique, after which he blocks me. I didn't start the joking, by the way. Also, yes, he can't words right.

"kindergarten's over" He says right before eliminating all argumentation and criticism. The forum rules also say "This is a dictatorship. Fairness and democracy do not enter into the equation.". At the bottom of the forum rules there is also a link which leads to one of the mod's own forum's rule page. That rule page is amazing, I've been on that forum, and it's amazing everywhere. A few examples would be that it doesn't matter if you're homeless and on drugs or the CEO of Sony, you're equal. It doesn't matter if you're a mod or a new member, you will be treated equally. Don't be an aggressive ******* and not expect aggressive feedback. Don't be an aggressive ******* in the first place. Don't post stupid gifs/pictures that don't contribute. We're here for the games, not the edmucation (as in don't correct typos because you are the lord and saviour of all things universe). The list goes on to be more amazing, but the weird thing is that the "mad mod" uses this list as clarification for his rules, however all those fair rules I just listed go against the rules he has, because, y'know, he wrote himself they aren't fair. I think we all see he's an ******* when he blatantly contradicts himself by listing democratic and fair rules as clarification for what a dictatorship and power fantasy is, and completely ignoring all those contradictions and just keeps being ****ing retarded,

However, several mods just dismiss this dictator**** rules of his, because come on, it's a community, people come and go, and nobody will want to come if it's supposed to be a bull**** "power for the mods haven", and that one mod seems to be the only one reinforcing those rules, and is apparently the worst mod ever. He is strangely glad in abusing power, talking about his "forum" and other sorts of ego bull****. He also doesn't contribute a **** to the main board he moderates. I don't know why the far more useful mods (which contribute in large amounts to all boards and are also a lot more socially acceptable) don't kick him right off for ruining the site. They may be friends or something, I don't know.

And that's what's bothering me. Well, not really, I can still visit the site and probably start threads, which works for me, it's rather that one annoying mod which is bothering me. Some parts here may be confusing as all butts in a blender and flawed in typing and grammar, but I'm tired I keep remembering new mad mod bull****, which I toss in somewhere I see fit in a rush.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #170 on: Mon, 18 November 2013, 22:39:59 »
I could have watched Iron Man 3, Jack Reacher or Star Trek Into Darkness but I didn't because I wasn't going to stay up this late......

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #171 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 00:01:20 »

Show Image

CUTE!

I also am allergic to cats, have always had one but i cant hold them :( We may get a hairless cat one day! Also have a chihuahua which I love because i can hold him close and not get itchy eyes!

Offline iri

« Reply #172 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 01:00:05 »
We may get a hairless cat one day!
won't help. you are allergic to a protein that comes from cat's saliva, not cat's fur.
instead, visit someone who owns a russian blue.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #173 on: Tue, 19 November 2013, 08:11:12 »
what really bothers me is that i can't use topre because of finger pain.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #174 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 20:33:27 »
The way Baylor is playing against OSU.   :mad:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #175 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 22:48:47 »
No amount of alcohol can take away the sadness I feel after tonight's Baylor game.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #176 on: Sat, 23 November 2013, 23:10:52 »
We may get a hairless cat one day!
won't help. you are allergic to a protein that comes from cat's saliva, not cat's fur.
instead, visit someone who owns a russian blue.

Really? Awe man .. I am pretty sure its the Dander.

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #177 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 03:29:17 »
The fact that England derp'd out while playing cricket :(

All of the derp...

For the biggest loss in history

So I'm now an Aussie.
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline iri

« Reply #178 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 03:58:07 »
So I'm now an Aussie.
you only have to move through half the planet!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #179 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 06:34:11 »
No amount of alcohol can take away the sadness I feel after tonight's Baylor game.

Yeah... least amount of yards and points in 3 years? Had to hurt. At least you can commiserate with Texas A&M and Oregon fans. Some crazy upsets this week.

My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #180 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 07:00:21 »
The fact that England derp'd out while playing cricket :(

All of the derp...

For the biggest loss in history

So I'm now an Aussie.

Oh man all I've heard the last few days is how we're smashing you guys in the Ashes.

It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #181 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 07:01:05 »
lots
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #182 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 07:04:06 »
lots

Hope it's nothing that can't be sorted Bunnybro!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #183 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 12:16:19 »
My brother is too lazy to unlock the door when he comes home so he sits in the cold until I open the door.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Flamingchook

• There are no dumb questions, only forbidden ones.
MX: Filco Majestouch Metalic Blue 104-key w/ MX Brown, JD40 w/ MX Green, ErgoDox w/ MX Blue, GHPad w/ MX Blue. Topre: Realforce 87U 45g. BS: IBM Model M 52G9700 29-OCT-93
Soon™: GH60 w/ 62g MX Clear, [CTRL]ALT 60 w/ MX Green

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #185 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 15:44:29 »
College / School

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #186 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 16:43:34 »
people who post pictures of super fancy expensive battlestations and use ****ty rubber dome "gamer" keyboards

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #187 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 17:04:10 »
I was on Starcraft trying to spread the word about mechanical keyboards a few weeks ago and a guy said (word for word) "The last thing I think about while gaming is my keyboard"

FAIL

Offline 127001

« Reply #188 on: Sun, 24 November 2013, 20:09:05 »
My GF wrote a paper about my keyboard buying habits for an Economics class and might not let me read it. She said it wasn't defaming at least :P

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #189 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 05:42:49 »
Nearly all people bother me.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #190 on: Mon, 25 November 2013, 07:12:39 »
The e-brake on my car was frozen, so I had to drive to work with it stuck on. Now my car has practically no brakes...

As if I don't already have enough **** to spend money on...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline bigx333

« Reply #191 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 15:11:40 »
Bought a Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 and a Woo Audio WA7 to go with it to be my new rig since I left my old one in Brazil, actually preferred to pay more to get a brand new WA7 shipped to ZA instead of getting a open box for less... It get's here and one of the tubes is hissing so loud that it feels that it's singing... 1 week with the headphones in the box waiting for new tubes...

FML
2TU | LZ-GH

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #192 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 15:40:58 »
This hobby is so time and money consuming. Just spent $30 on a keyboard, and now I just bought a $15 PS2 to USB cable for it. Plus keycaps are so expensive, a full set is usually $100

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #193 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 17:02:46 »
DreamHack this weekend... with Darude. ^_^

I'd love to watch, but I've absolutely no idea, if it's possible to finish 3+ projects in three weeks like this.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #194 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 17:15:43 »
This hobby is so time and money consuming. Just spent $30 on a keyboard, and now I just bought a $15 PS2 to USB cable for it. Plus keycaps are so expensive, a full set is usually $100

This is what I love about the hobby... it keeps people away from meth.

Oh yeah people who like meth tend to bother me what with all the scratching and fidgety behavior.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #195 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 17:41:55 »
DreamHack this weekend... with Darude. ^_^

I'd love to watch, but I've absolutely no idea, if it's possible to finish 3+ projects in three weeks like this.

dudududududu
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #196 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 17:53:36 »
Nearly all people bother me.

Haha I hear that

Offline Trent

« Reply #197 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 18:17:44 »
the ladies.
Quote from: Trent
I hate fun
IBM Model M | IBM Model M SSK | FK-2000 | FK-8000 | FK-9000 | Fujitsu Peerless | Zenith Data Systems (Yellow ALPS!) | AEK

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #198 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 18:36:23 »
blacks are strenuous af. And my binder clip switch opener isn't that good  :'(

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #199 on: Wed, 27 November 2013, 00:04:15 »
Things that really shouldn't be!