Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4141863 times)

Offline Faceman76

Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #28900 on: Sun, 29 August 2021, 08:49:24 »
TKC 1800, Crystal Box Navy, Sprit 100g

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28901 on: Sun, 29 August 2021, 08:51:46 »
Qcumbers love choice, so there are plenty.

I think that they got excited when they notice that "bots" are one of the things that Ivermectin works against.

https://www.wormsandgermsblog.com/files/2006/11/JSW-MA1-Bots.pdf
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 August 2021, 07:55:55 by fohat.digs »
State Freedom Caucus News 2024
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28902 on: Sun, 29 August 2021, 14:26:11 »
i had fun learning archery, it is not really that hard to get the basis of safety and posture, then it is training but you should not break much
and i know that a huge sport chain in France do sell suction cup arrows for real bow (Decathlon) i would not be surprised if others do too, and you'd be sure to not kill anyone or break anything, well less likely to break at least
Suction cup arrows?!

* suicidal_orange checks Decathlon UK

Wow.  They're short at <70cm (proper arrows from them are 60-120cm) but that they exist is something I had never considered.  Thanks for the tip :thumb:
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline yui

« Reply #28903 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 06:22:19 »
in France i haven't seen them sell proper arrows in store in a long while, so had not compared, and from what i remember my 1st arrows were very short too (cheap glass fiber arrows my parents got from internet back then) but worked fine for 15m, sure the proper carbon fiber arrows i got latter were much nicer but also more dangerous so i can see why they'd make the non deadly ones shorter.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28904 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 12:17:32 »
Surely a short arrow means you can't draw fully which isn't proper practice?  I looked online as there is no Decathlon near me so not sure if they stock them in stores but surprisingly archery stuff isn't illegal unless you carry arrows in public or have done something to make someone think you wanted to beat them with your bow if you carry no arrows.  That does mean rocking up at the local park with a bow, arrows and target is not acceptable, as expected.

Sat down to check the internet as I've got an hour to kill, this thread is the only I found of any interest.  I've never felt this optimistic at the same time as having nothing to do and being negative about my job (which was fine when I was last there under 3 weeks ago) and am seriously worried what's gone/going on in my head.  Do I need a counsellor/psychotherapist to fix the brokenness or a life coach to direct "new me" to an actually fulfilling life, or should I just wait it out?! :-\ :confused:
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline yui

« Reply #28905 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 12:37:44 »
shorter arrows mean less energy, at least from my beginner archery level it is what i was told, although i used a simple bow not a compound bow, i guess those do need the proper length to work.
as per mental health i did the wait it out for years and it works, for a bit, and then it falls down on you again harder, i am trying to get help but it is kinda hard, will see in the future if it pays off, can't tell you now.
and one thing that bothers me is the Antivax thread popping up in my unread and scarying me for that girl i know, need to find a way to stop it...
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 August 2021, 12:41:27 by yui »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28906 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 15:57:47 »
Shorter arrow would mean less pull so less energy/range - it makes sense.  I guess you could get a really stiff bow so it goes further with less pull...  I don't understand compound bows though, if you want effortless aiming for as long as it takes why pretend to do a traditional sport rather than getting a gun?  I'd want a single piece wooden recurve, no doubt.  The main problem being that's a set draw weight so I'd need to build up my shoulders before buying one.

This will sound terrible but hopefully your anti-vax torturer just dies (I am assuming this is the same colleague who got you a disciplinary) - one less thing for you to worry about is good and bigger picture the world doesn't need more morons having kids.  At least that part of my thinking has remained consistent, not sure I'd have been so bold as to say it before though.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline yui

« Reply #28907 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 16:31:59 »
it is not that she is antivax, just that she is pregnant and antivaxer/anti maskers are everywhere spreading the decease and she was pregnant when vaccination opened in France, so as far as i know she never could have gotten vaccinated... and yes it is the same but the story with her is rather complicated and i do not hold any grudge against her, only fears for her life... and that thread just reminds me of the numbers so is scary

Offline Faceman76

« Reply #28908 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 16:39:19 »

it is not that she is antivax, just that she is pregnant and antivaxer/anti maskers are everywhere spreading the decease and she was pregnant when vaccination opened in France, so as far as i know she never could have gotten vaccinated... and yes it is the same but the story with her is rather complicated and i do not hold any grudge against her, only fears for her life... and that thread just reminds me of the numbers so is scary

I know hundreds of people who've had the virus.  Almost all made a full recovery without any issues.  Those that had to be admitted to the hospital or had long term issues are few and far between.  The only exception are the elderly, which being pregnant, I'm pretty sure she's not a part of, lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #28909 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 18:18:18 »
I had a tooth extracted today - never had this experience before, f*** hell... whole jaw pain is what's bothering me now....
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #28910 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 19:02:47 »
Still don't have my frecking Nyan Cat

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28911 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 19:04:44 »
I had a tooth extracted today - never had this experience before, f*** hell... whole jaw pain is what's bothering me now....

Opiods are the only thing that really work for that. But it won't last more than a few days, and you were probably in major pain beforehand, weren't you?
Missouri state Senator Nick Schroer sponsors a bill that would allow senators to duel one another — in the Senate chambers! – legally.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #28912 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 19:54:22 »

They would give you dat Oxycodone heroin lite in 'murica basically for just bout ery'thn...

Offline Faceman76

« Reply #28913 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 19:57:41 »
Ibuprofen is the best over the counter med for after oral procedures.  Don't bother with Tylenol.

Offline phinix

« Reply #28914 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 05:06:01 »

Opiods are the only thing that really work for that. But it won't last more than a few days, and you were probably in major pain beforehand, weren't you?

I had root canal done 3 times on that tooth - still felt it, little pain but that shouldn't happen, so something went wrong with it, then it started to deteriorate and finally cracked in half, so had to be taken out.
Guy had to give me 4 anaesthetic injections, for some reason it wasn't enough after first two.
Thing is, that feeling during it, it was pretty vivid, he used some much force trying to "laverage" the tooth, he wasn't pulling it with pliers, he was using... chisel or flat screwdriver tool kinda thing... most intense 30 minutes in my life I guess :) Felt "violated", at some point I felt I wanted hit him back :D

They would give you dat Oxycodone heroin lite in 'murica basically for just bout ery'thn...

I wish I could get anything strong last night. Now co-codamol works ok, it wasn't that bad.
I think the whole shock from the actual procedure was intense, bigger than actual pain.

Ibuprofen is the best over the counter med for after oral procedures.  Don't bother with Tylenol.

Yeah, had co-codamol first, now I'm taking ibuprofen. Its ok now, just woke up, had a small breakfast, eating on a side, few tablets, all good :)

Did you guys have a tooth extracted before? How would describe the feeling/sensation during the process?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28915 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 08:03:46 »

Did you guys have a tooth extracted before? How would describe the feeling/sensation during the process?

I had 4 wisdom teeth taken out about 50 years ago, and I remember that it was painful even through the pain medication, but not unbearable. I was awake but he had shot me up with locals.

Fast-forward about 45 years and I had a tooth removed that had had a root canal and a root canal repair in the last 10 years or so. But it had cracked and was not repairable, so it had to be removed. I also opted to have an implant installed which increased the scope of work.

They gave me a choice of a local anesthetic or they could knock me out completely, and I choose the latter even though it cost me a few hundred dollars out of pocket.

Theoretically, a molar will have 4 nice straight consistent roots going straight down into the bone, and can be pulled straight out. Unfortunately, there are sometimes extra or missing roots, and/or roots that grew in odd directions or with unpredictable curves. That makes it much harder to get them out, and leaving pieces behind can seed infections that are all but impossible to get at later.

You can't always "pull" those stubborn ones out, it requires leverage. If you have done carpentry work, think of using a pry bar to remove a bent nail. Better yet, try not to think of it.

Offline phinix

« Reply #28916 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 09:53:22 »

I had 4 wisdom teeth taken out about 50 years ago, and I remember that it was painful even through the pain medication, but not unbearable. I was awake but he had shot me up with locals.

Fast-forward about 45 years and I had a tooth removed that had had a root canal and a root canal repair in the last 10 years or so. But it had cracked and was not repairable, so it had to be removed. I also opted to have an implant installed which increased the scope of work.

They gave me a choice of a local anesthetic or they could knock me out completely, and I choose the latter even though it cost me a few hundred dollars out of pocket.

Theoretically, a molar will have 4 nice straight consistent roots going straight down into the bone, and can be pulled straight out. Unfortunately, there are sometimes extra or missing roots, and/or roots that grew in odd directions or with unpredictable curves. That makes it much harder to get them out, and leaving pieces behind can seed infections that are all but impossible to get at later.

You can't always "pull" those stubborn ones out, it requires leverage. If you have done carpentry work, think of using a pry bar to remove a bent nail. Better yet, try not to think of it.

Yep, my dentist must have been a carpenter in his previous life ;)
Anyway, I don't want to experience this anymore, it wasn't pleasant, well, nothing at the dentist is, but this was quite a new experience for me.

Offline iri

« Reply #28917 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 15:42:01 »
I've pulled a million nails with a pry bar, but it never felt as intense as my recent tooth extraction. I could feel my skull bones moving. Turned out, the tooth had two extra roots. I was told I'm a mutant.

I'm sorry
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28918 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 16:05:35 »
Never had a tooth pulled exactly. The guy just shattered the tooth in my mouth and pulled it out in broken bits leaving the root. On second thought I always thought operating a dentist office from the back of a pet shop was a bit suss.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #28919 on: Tue, 31 August 2021, 18:05:17 »
I'm sorry

It is ok maybe today. We will see.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #28920 on: Wed, 01 September 2021, 01:40:37 »
It is alright everyone. I got my Pop Tart Cat.

Now WTF do I do with this ****ing thing?

275579-0

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #28921 on: Wed, 01 September 2021, 03:48:42 »
It is alright everyone. I got my Pop Tart Cat.

Now WTF do I do with this ****ing thing?

(Attachment Link)
Burn it?

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #28922 on: Wed, 01 September 2021, 04:10:41 »
Burn it?
hmmmmmm... probably shouldn't. Drunk me wanted this for some reason. Maybe I should get drunk to figure out why.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28923 on: Wed, 01 September 2021, 06:03:58 »
Burn it?
hmmmmmm... probably shouldn't. Drunk me wanted this for some reason. Maybe I should get drunk to figure out why.

Put it somewhere, where the wife will scold you constantly for wasting money on it.

It's basically tanking you and draining her stamina,  she can't yell at you indefinitely about everything. So when she has to yell at you about something else,  she'll already be on low-p0wr.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #28924 on: Wed, 01 September 2021, 06:06:35 »
Put it somewhere, where the wife will scold you constantly for wasting money on it.

It's basically tanking you and draining her stamina,  she can't yell at you indefinitely about everything. So when she has to yell at you about something else,  she'll already be on low-p0wr.

Show Image

Nah she already saw it and said it was cute. I don't think it will work. Maybe I should a new car, that would really set her off though.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28925 on: Wed, 01 September 2021, 06:15:47 »

Show Image

Nah she already saw it and said it was cute. I don't think it will work. Maybe I should a new car, that would really set her off though.

Nyan Car !!

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #28926 on: Wed, 01 September 2021, 06:40:57 »
Nyan Car !![/size][/color]

Deadmau5 already tried it. Ferrari got pissy. But then I cannot afford Ferrari so maybe this could work.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28927 on: Wed, 01 September 2021, 11:46:44 »
Nyan Car !![/size][/color]

Deadmau5 already tried it. Ferrari got pissy. But then I cannot afford Ferrari so maybe this could work.

to be fair it looks ****in terrible

Offline sprax

« Reply #28928 on: Wed, 01 September 2021, 11:51:42 »
at the moment, im being bothered by exams comming next week, and the fact that i feel like i cant find the right board for my first build  :p

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28929 on: Wed, 01 September 2021, 12:17:25 »
So the very day I was done w/ training and took the reigns of a project for my new cool job my manager leaves the company and the PM I am taking over for, who is to be onboarding me to the project, goes on vacation for the week. It's like they are setting me up to fail.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28931 on: Wed, 01 September 2021, 19:05:57 »

Turnadur' Warning.

I didn't even know that you had those in Jersey.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #28932 on: Wed, 01 September 2021, 19:13:03 »

to be fair it looks ****in terrible
As is US tradition. Ruin perfectly good cars with stupid mods. For example those trucks that look like they are taking a ****.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28934 on: Thu, 02 September 2021, 14:36:51 »
The PM that was supposed to be training me went on vacation THE DAY AFTER the manager left, after he told her she'd be training me this week so she could get away with her bull****. And what's more set up the training for the weekend. So not only has she left me totally in the weeds and not doing her job, but she stole my entire weekend as well. I am nonplussed with this lady's bull****.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28935 on: Thu, 02 September 2021, 14:48:32 »
The PM that was supposed to be training me went on vacation THE DAY AFTER the manager left, after he told her she'd be training me this week so she could get away with her bull****. And what's more set up the training for the weekend. So not only has she left me totally in the weeds and not doing her job, but she stole my entire weekend as well. I am nonplussed with this lady's bull****.

But like you is dwight and she's angela ??

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28936 on: Thu, 02 September 2021, 15:31:09 »

But like you is dwight and she's angela ??

I'm more of a cross between Darryl and Michael, and she's like that lady that was in the pilot episode that no one ever heard from again

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28937 on: Thu, 02 September 2021, 15:38:33 »

I am nonplussed with this lady's bull****.

If you make a good showing are you a threat to her, and/or would it be possible to eventually take her place?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28938 on: Thu, 02 September 2021, 15:49:08 »

I am nonplussed with this lady's bull****.

If you make a good showing are you a threat to her, and/or would it be possible to eventually take her place?

That's what I am currently doing. I was brought on to replace her, and she was to be training me this week. The second the manager announced he was leaving she went on PTO for the rest of the week knowing no one was watching her and she had no expectations tied to the project any longer. Just left me adrift at sea.

Offline iri

« Reply #28939 on: Thu, 09 September 2021, 14:39:18 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28940 on: Thu, 09 September 2021, 15:04:58 »
https://senioronboarding.leadershipacademy.nhs.uk/blog-dear-white-people-in-the-uk/

I'm glad that my tax money is so well spent.

I am honestly so ****ing sick of this double standard racism. I see it all the time and it is generally accepted because apparently many white people feel some sort of internal guilt for **** that has absolutely nothing to do with them.
You don't see me constantly calling out Egyptians.
"Dear Pharaohs, just listen, don't get defensive, but you are all rooted in evil. All Egyptians should constantly feel guilty and carry that burden for what they did 3000 years ago, and if you don't you are human trash. Thank you for understanding, and don't forget to get out there and vote!"

shut the **** up

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28941 on: Fri, 10 September 2021, 08:38:54 »
Greenland's ice melting is causing the Earth's crust to uplift 2.5 cm per year in that area, and massive earthquakes are likely to start occurring with greater frequency.

An earthquake of magnitude 8 or 9 is entirely possible at any time, and if it happened under sea it could produce a tsunami of 30 meters in height across the North Atlantic.

https://www.ft.com/content/eb65d1c3-6220-4ebb-a4d6-eb876ab1b200

TL;DR - “Almost every forecast so far about climate change has been an underestimate.”

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28942 on: Fri, 10 September 2021, 08:40:25 »
Greenland's ice melting is causing the Earth's crust to uplift 2.5 cm per year in that area, and massive earthquakes are likely to start occurring with greater frequency.

An earthquake of magnitude 8 or 9 is entirely possible at any time, and if it happened under sea it could produce a tsunami of 30 meters in height across the North Atlantic.

https://www.ft.com/content/eb65d1c3-6220-4ebb-a4d6-eb876ab1b200

TL;DR - “Almost every forecast so far about climate change has been an underestimate.”

paywall, can't read. copy pasta.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #28943 on: Fri, 10 September 2021, 08:42:54 »
I am honestly so ****ing sick of this double standard racism. I see it all the time and it is generally accepted because apparently many white people feel some sort of internal guilt for **** that has absolutely nothing to do with them.
You don't see me constantly calling out Egyptians.
"Dear Pharaohs, just listen, don't get defensive, but you are all rooted in evil. All Egyptians should constantly feel guilty and carry that burden for what they did 3000 years ago, and if you don't you are human trash. Thank you for understanding, and don't forget to get out there and vote!"

shut the **** up

they're talking about the systemic racism happening NOW, not 3000 years ago, the 3000 years thing is just an example of the CONSISTENCY of system racism over time.

You're not responsible for THEM, but the system is responsible for the racism climate of Today.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #28944 on: Fri, 10 September 2021, 09:57:52 »

I am honestly so ****ing sick of this double standard racism.

Systemic racism is certainly real. As a 6th+ generation white male Southerner who grew up in the South in the 1950s-1960s I have seen it firsthand for my entire life. I remember "Colored" rest rooms and water fountains. I remember when my school was integrated (over the summer between 7th and 8th grades). I am a descendant of slave-owners and Indian-killers.

As a child I accepted the world that I lived in and did not question it, but when I grew up I looked around and recognized that the world was far more complex than I had realized - and that there were profoundly sinister elements and movements all around. Many people of my generation became cynical and just threw up their hands and thought "the world is just too ****ed up to even try to fix it" so that they could go on with their lives with the unpleasantness just walled off.

Refusing to give up my inherent optimism and my belief that positive change is possible, I am dismayed at what has happened to our country over the past 4 decades but I refuse to accept that it will continue the downward spiral forever. And it IS very much political. The parties in the US were not always so polarized, even in the face of aberrations like Joseph McCarthy who had his heyday for a few years but was brought down by a Republican president's disgust with his behavior. But unfortunately THAT party was seized by anti-social radicals in the late-1970s, and it has been a straight-line progression to the plutocracy and Luddite Renaissance that we are experiencing today.

My siblings are all still hard-core Republicans, and, living in the South, I can see that there is still a substantial population that refuses to accept that the Confederacy lost the Civil War. Which has mutated into another disconnect from reality in their delusion that Trump won the 2020 election. And to reflexively oppose anything that does not adhere to the Radical Right's party line.

Frankly, I have given up on those people. They will eventually die off but in the meantime their "Flight 93" mindset can and possibly will create a horrific "scorched earth" scenario at a time when our country is facing truly epic existential physical threats. I fear that there will be a spike in terrorist killings in response to the vaccination mandate for Federal employees. Or any other event that happens to trigger their fragile sensibilities. At least the ridiculous "Q" has evaporated.

Until the "hearts and minds" of American society grows up and faces the reality of the world, our country will continue to wallow in fear and despair. Listen to our second president:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”

― John Adams

Offline iri

« Reply #28945 on: Fri, 10 September 2021, 14:39:38 »
The author of that article confuses the UK with the USA.

But there is no NHS in the USA.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28946 on: Fri, 10 September 2021, 19:04:29 »
When your back goes out for literally no reason.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28948 on: Tue, 14 September 2021, 17:06:24 »
Norm Macdonald... I cannot even process this news.
You grow up idolizing someone, following their work, watching them change and improve. You think they are gonna be around forever, they are so important that the World could not possible keep turning without them in it. Then one day you wake up and see your idol is completely human, and has done the most human thing ever. RIP Norm, you can never be forgotten for what joy you've brought others and how much you have influenced comedy for the better.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #28949 on: Sun, 19 September 2021, 10:05:40 »
My phone is endlessly delayed and I'm loving having my old Nokia 808 in my pocket because it's tiny, while the new one will be huge.  After 3 weeks working at my new, local, job my mobile data usage is nothing so I find myself considering an iphone mini on a 2 year 4GB/month contract.  But:

Iphones are fragile and unrepairable
Iphones lack SD cards
Contracts are bad - who knows where I'll be in 2 years?
Costs up front plus more than double what I currently pay every month

What is wrong with me to have given this more than two seconds of consideration?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod