Author Topic: What do you eat? The thread about things you eat.  (Read 525157 times)

Offline iri

Re: What do you eat? The thread about things you eat.
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 01:43:04 »
Different sorts of cheese and berries for breakfast

62520-0
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #101 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 01:49:40 »
Meat plate and a fresh belorussian beer for a cinema night

62528-0
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #102 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 01:51:04 »
i̸̢̱̤̠̤͎̊ͣ̃̀ͨ͟ ̜̬̬͈̱͚͎͕̝͍̱͉͚̦̥̗͓̗ͩ̎ͮͥ̃͌̓ͥ͑͜e̊ͯ̄͂́̓҉̷͏̶̞̗̩̪̗͉̦̥̱ͅă̵̮̗͉̞͉ͧ͑̓̈͐̀̋̿̇ͦͦͩͩ͛̑́t̵̵̘̞̗̜͙̥͖͍̟̔͒̃̽̎́͢͠ ̸̵̞͖͙̣̻̘̲̬̮̹̭̠͈ͧͥͭ͛̔͐ͦͬͥ̆͊ͥ̎ͭ̿ͪ̒̾̕͘͡s̸̵̢̙̜͙̻̯̬̘̙͎̟̥̦̰ͯ̔̃ͤ͋͌ͩ̋͛͌ͥ́ͮ̀̄̋ͩ̚͜͡ö́̉̉͌͑ͯ̇ͣ̇̇͗̌̾ͮ̿̃͆҉̖͓̩̥͕̀ū̶̢̹̠̗̜̽͗ͬ̇ͩ̅ͧ̂ͬ̿ͮ͊̿̒ͬͮ͊̿ĺ̑̉͑͂̄ͥͫ̈́̏̑̕͞҉̴͉̞̳̦̥̫͔͞s̒ͫ̿̃͑ͩ̾̑̈́ͩ͑̿̎͊͂ͩͣ҉͏̸͉͈̝͇͈̬̝͎̟̲̟

Offline iri

« Reply #103 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 01:53:10 »
Almost beefstroganoff

62530-0

-Ray Bradbury

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #104 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 01:56:33 »
i̸̢̱̤̠̤͎̊ͣ̃̀ͨ͟ ̜̬̬͈̱͚͎͕̝͍̱͉͚̦̥̗͓̗ͩ̎ͮͥ̃͌̓ͥ͑͜e̊ͯ̄͂́̓҉̷͏̶̞̗̩̪̗͉̦̥̱ͅă̵̮̗͉̞͉ͧ͑̓̈͐̀̋̿̇ͦͦͩͩ͛̑́t̵̵̘̞̗̜͙̥͖͍̟̔͒̃̽̎́͢͠ ̸̵̞͖͙̣̻̘̲̬̮̹̭̠͈ͧͥͭ͛̔͐ͦͬͥ̆͊ͥ̎ͭ̿ͪ̒̾̕͘͡s̸̵̢̙̜͙̻̯̬̘̙͎̟̥̦̰ͯ̔̃ͤ͋͌ͩ̋͛͌ͥ́ͮ̀̄̋ͩ̚͜͡ö́̉̉͌͑ͯ̇ͣ̇̇͗̌̾ͮ̿̃͆҉̖͓̩̥͕̀ū̶̢̹̠̗̜̽͗ͬ̇ͩ̅ͧ̂ͬ̿ͮ͊̿̒ͬͮ͊̿ĺ̑̉͑͂̄ͥͫ̈́̏̑̕͞҉̴͉̞̳̦̥̫͔͞s̒ͫ̿̃͑ͩ̾̑̈́ͩ͑̿̎͊͂ͩͣ҉͏̸͉͈̝͇͈̬̝͎̟̲̟

Dude, lay off the cthulhu character generator.

Almost beefstroganoff

(Attachment Link)

Needs more meat free.

Offline iri

« Reply #105 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 01:57:15 »
Salmon steak and salad

62532-0

-Ray Bradbury

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #106 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 01:57:52 »
Less meat iri.

Offline iri

« Reply #107 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 02:00:50 »
New year stuff

62534-0

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #108 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 02:04:55 »
Codfish with a fancy dressing

62536-0

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #109 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 02:08:19 »
Not sure what it is

62538-0

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #110 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 02:09:13 »
would NOT recommend:
62540-0
the end product not only looks nothing like it does on the box, but it tastes like literal poison
62542-1
I firmly believe this product was not meant for human consumption in any way, shape, or form

To be clear: everything tasted of Play Dough, harmful chemicals, and what I might imagine Death's own smegma might taste of.
« Last Edit: Sat, 26 April 2014, 02:13:12 by noisyturtle »

Offline iri

« Reply #111 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 02:32:11 »
Pashot eggs for breakfast

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #112 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 02:34:34 »
Pashot eggs for breakfast

(Attachment Link)

do we have the same table? are you living in my walls?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #113 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 03:41:15 »
Uh should not read this thread when I'm hungry and it's nearly dinner time.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #114 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 03:49:53 »
Dang...I'm going for ribs this weekend.  The dimsum can wait.

'had pork ribs for lunch today...so hungry I forgot to take pictures  :))

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #115 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 04:57:27 »
Pancake!

HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #116 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 05:41:53 »
Had dinner, feel full, but my mouth is still watering looking at these :confused:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #117 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 05:46:02 »
would NOT recommend:
(Attachment Link)
the end product not only looks nothing like it does on the box, but it tastes like literal poison
(Attachment Link)
I firmly believe this product was not meant for human consumption in any way, shape, or form

To be clear: everything tasted of Play Dough, harmful chemicals, and what I might imagine Death's own smegma might taste of.
I made this exact same kit with the same results...

Can't believe we even tried to eat that **** after seeing how terrible it came out.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #118 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 19:42:20 »
Mexican Sprite=Awesome  ;)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #119 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 19:46:03 »

Show Image

Yeah, sodas everywhere else are so much better, because they tend to use real sugar and aren't insanely sweet like they are in the US. On topic, just made some crazy good loco moco
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #120 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 20:01:47 »
Mexican Coke products are the best (Coke/Fanta/Sprite) because they use real cane sugar as opposed to corn syrup. On the other hand, actual Mexican soda is terrible. Tamarind lime chili soda anyone?

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #121 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 20:27:18 »
Mexican Coke products are the best (Coke/Fanta/Sprite) because they use real cane sugar as opposed to corn syrup. On the other hand, actual Mexican soda is terrible. Tamarind lime chili soda anyone?
Or mexican candy. Seriously, who's idea was it to put chili powder inside of a sweet candy?
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #122 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 00:03:39 »
Today's Food:

Went to have Puerto Rican food. I had a beef empanada and...

Mofongo with Carne Fritas. Monfongo is the yellow mashed potato-like stuff on the left. It's fried plantains with garlic, olive oil, and chicharrons or pork cracklings all mashed together. Then I had pork rib meat fried with some peppers and onions as the protein. It was amazing.

Best. Ice. Cream. Jeni's Ice Cream in Columbus Ohio. I got a scoop of their black coffee, made with Intelligentsia coffee, and this black walnut and honey flavor. I wanted to get more when I walked by another Jeni's an hour later.

Not from today but my friend discovered a taco truck near my apartment is actually delicious. I got beef tongue, steak, and pork al pastor tacos. And lots of cucumber on the side!

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #123 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 00:06:03 »

Show Image

Yeah, sodas everywhere else are so much better, because they tend to use real sugar and aren't insanely sweet like they are in the US. On topic, just made some crazy good loco moco

you should propably try sodas in Vietnam, terrible
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline PointyFox

« Reply #124 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 00:29:08 »
Kabayaki style eel.  :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabayaki

Over rice it is called unagidon, short for unagi donburi, which means eel bowl.

It tastes like a combination between General Tso's chicken, BBQ, and teriyaki.

..while looking for the image, I found out that people eat the baby eels as a delicacy  :'(

http://shizuokagourmet.com/japanese-seasonal-fish-noresoreconger-eel-whitebait/

The black spots are their eyes.  When they're babies, they're transparent and I think they're called "glass eels", though that term might just be for American Eels, I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 April 2014, 00:42:45 by PointyFox »

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #125 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 09:13:38 »
I had some bone marrow last night.

Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #126 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 09:27:37 »
I had some bone marrow last night.

Show Image

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #127 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 12:07:22 »

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #128 on: Sun, 27 April 2014, 12:10:53 »
Show Image

holllyyyy ****kkk  I LOVE BLTS

that looks amazing I want a BLT now

Offline iri

« Reply #129 on: Mon, 28 April 2014, 07:11:00 »
pork barbecue and homemade corn bread.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Frenir

• HHKB Viking
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 29 April 2014, 12:13:14 »
Sweet jesus, you people eat like gods. The only thing I've had all day is a sloppy sandwich from my school's canteen.

Offline aref

« Reply #131 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 11:50:22 »
My foodstuffs are ~90% Vegan; occasionally I'll have fish or chicken.
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 May 2014, 11:53:11 by aref »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #132 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 12:49:27 »
63363-0

#allIcouldfindinthekitchenatwork

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #133 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 13:33:03 »
(Attachment Link)

Huh, you like mustard and ketchup on your Vienna sausages? Never tried them like that.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #134 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 13:34:14 »
(Attachment Link)

Huh, you like mustard and ketchup on your Vienna sausages? Never tried them like that.

oh that's isn't ketchup.....that's sriracha sauce!!!

Offline iri

« Reply #135 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 13:40:01 »
it seems i happen to be the only person on geekhack who dislikes sriracha and buckling springs.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #136 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 13:40:24 »
Shun the non believer

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #137 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 13:53:01 »
it seems i happen to be the only person on geekhack who dislikes sriracha and buckling springs.
don't be afraid of admitting you're wrong

Offline iri

« Reply #138 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 13:54:19 »
love off.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #139 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 13:58:01 »
Just curious though, iri, if you don't like sriracha because you don't like the spice? garlic? Do you have a favorite hot sauce?

Offline iri

« Reply #140 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 14:02:00 »
i have no idea,
i like garlic,
my favourite hot sauce is mc. ilhelly's habanero sauce.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #141 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 14:25:51 »
this thread is having a huge pavlovian effect on me right now.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline iri

« Reply #142 on: Fri, 02 May 2014, 14:41:46 »
i didn't like this picture the other day.
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 May 2014, 04:26:35 by iri »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #143 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 12:41:41 »
Got me some headcheese from the best German restaurant in the USA.

Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #144 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 12:42:18 »
Chicken tikka masala, mmm...
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #145 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 17:11:25 »
I just had a delicious bowl of corn flakes.  Try not to get too jealous.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #146 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 17:26:12 »

LOVE that

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #147 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 17:30:28 »

LOVE that

Hell yea, ate two portions today, so gooooooood. :P
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #148 on: Sun, 04 May 2014, 21:24:34 »

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #149 on: Mon, 05 May 2014, 00:23:21 »
mmh... have you guys ever eaten organs?

Show Image

I actually like to eat liver, tender and tasty!