Author Topic: What do you eat? The thread about things you eat.  (Read 525221 times)

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
Re: What do you eat? The thread about things you eat.
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 06:17:43 »
you guys are making me so hungry i'm just going to go and be mad.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 07:29:27 »
4 donuts for breakfast this morning. Chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry frosted, as well as a Boston creme.

For lunch: Blackies Hot Dogs.

Will post pics of whatever I order.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline iri

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 08:43:58 »
that's what we call vinegret and it has nothing to do with vinaigrette. also tarts.

62194-0
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 09:26:36 »
I like all sorts of food and drink.  And I'm always ready to try new things.

Anyway, I went to Chinatown for lunch the other day.  I was excited for the dimsum.  Imagine my sadness when I saw this at the entrance of the restaurant:

Ugh...ordered other dishes but I need to get my dimsum fix!!!

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 09:30:33 »
Iri: Do I spot capers in there?

That reminds me of a Swedish (?) dish I like which is called Biff a'la Lindström: Fried meat patties made of ground meat seasoned with mustard, capers and finely diced pickled beet root.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 April 2014, 09:35:57 by Findecanor »

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 09:46:48 »
i didnt eat meat for 12 years.  about 1 month ago i started again.  eating meat was my new years resolution.

so what am i missing. so far i havent eaten much meat.  i have eaten some chicken in various forms and i had some braised pork at a Korean/Japanese joint on Monday (it was in real deal legit ramen). 

if you hadnt eaten meat in 12 years what would you eat first? 
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 09:51:42 »
i didnt eat meat for 12 years.  about 1 month ago i started again.  eating meat was my new years resolution.

so what am i missing. so far i havent eaten much meat.  i have eaten some chicken in various forms and i had some braised pork at a Korean/Japanese joint on Monday (it was in real deal legit ramen). 

I'd probably have a big juicy, steak.

If I may ask, why'd you stop eating meat for 12 years?

Offline iri

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 10:06:59 »
Iri: Do I spot capers in there?
i've no idea what you spot in there  :p it's verdure.

a ribeye with mashed potatoes.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 10:16:46 »
steak tartare

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 13:33:02 »

I'd probably have a big juicy, steak.s

i dont like the hormones and **** we put into meat in the USA.  i dont give a **** about animals.

one of the reasons i started eating meat again is i am going to go to korea soon. koreans really like meat in their diet. they really like meat. i am not kidding.

the other reason is my korean wife and i are going to have children soon and we long ago made the decision to not push our diets on our children. that is for them to decide. also eating meat when preggers is generally better and i didnt want the old lady to get sick while preggers. 

i just ate some pork ribs and i feel awful. my stomach hurts. those ribs tasted amazeballs though.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 14:26:21 »
i just ate some pork ribs and i feel awful. my stomach hurts. those ribs tasted amazeballs though.
I've heard that it takes much longer than a month for your guts to adapt from a meat-less diet. ;)

I have been a vegetarian for longer than not - I don't think I can go back. The idea of eating something that has been a living being is just so alien to me.
I do like the smell of some meaty foods sometimes, but I have learned that some smells and tastes that I have associated with meat are often more from the herbs, spices and other things that you cook the meat with than the meat itself.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 April 2014, 14:32:38 by Findecanor »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 14:32:01 »

Bacon. Lots and lots of bacon.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 15:05:49 »
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 15:18:27 »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 15:18:52 »
Show Image

:eek:   French Silk Pie???

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 15:20:46 »

:eek:   French Silk Pie???
;D

Yes

Damnit!  Time to find a Baker's Square and buy myself one tonight.  Thanks a lot, HPE...   :rolleyes:

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 09:14:35 »

I'd probably have a big juicy, steak.s

i dont like the hormones and **** we put into meat in the USA.  i dont give a **** about animals.

one of the reasons i started eating meat again is i am going to go to korea soon. koreans really like meat in their diet. they really like meat. i am not kidding.

the other reason is my korean wife and i are going to have children soon and we long ago made the decision to not push our diets on our children. that is for them to decide. also eating meat when preggers is generally better and i didnt want the old lady to get sick while preggers. 

I see.

My wife isn't too fond of beef but she did make an effort to eat more of it when she was prego.

Dang...I'm going for ribs this weekend.  The dimsum can wait.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 09:30:01 »
mmh... have you guys ever eaten organs?

HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 09:34:27 »

Show Image

* jdcarpe cancels trip to Vietnam...
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 09:48:35 »
Transylvanian layered cabbage; rice/cabbage/bacon/pork/sausage ratio is 1:1:2:2:2, poured with cream. Good stuff.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 09:52:22 »
lol :))

I know it is not common in US (or the western) but really you should try some, I really like the tongue and the heart part :v *feel like Khaleesi*
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 09:55:54 »

Show Image

Is that menudo without the soup and tripas not from the grill?

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 10:12:06 »

Show Image

Is that menudo without the soup and tripas not from the grill?

not sure if I understand you right but that dish (the meat one) is braised meat, so yeah, it is not from the grill or soup either
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 12:48:19 »
Lazymoon pizza - No mozzarella, add pesto sauce with baked chicken, wood smoked bacon, broccoli, sun dried tomato, and caramelized onion

That is your garden variety paper plate, their slices are quite large, and entire pies require being walked through doors tilted at an angle.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 13:11:47 »
Here in Sweden, döner-kebab meat is one of the most popular pizza toppings. I have never heard that kind of pizza being served anywhere else.

Transylvanian layered cabbage; rice/cabbage/bacon/pork/sausage ratio is 1:1:2:2:2, poured with cream. Good stuff.
My grandmother used to make something similar, but with simpler meat.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 13:24:15 »
When I first heard about it, I thought it was crazy... where would Transylvanians get that amount of meat? And rice wasn't native there either... O.o

Offline Zombly

• Zombie Enthusiast
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 15:00:28 »
Hi I like Ice Cream.

Show Image

I love ice-cream eat 2-3 tubs a week.., not so much lately want a new flavour any suggestions? I mainly eat white chooclate/cherry flavoured ice-creams.
In the process of my custom Zombie board
[WTB MX Zombro's]

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 15:06:28 »
Today I ate grilled chicken that was marinated in some sort of chipotle sauce. Tasted godlike. Will do the same with beef next time. :)
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 15:09:15 »
Here in Sweden, döner-kebab meat is one of the most popular pizza toppings. I have never heard that kind of pizza being served anywhere else.

That's popular here as well.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #81 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 15:11:12 »

* jdcarpe plans new trip, to Scandinavia...

in memoriam

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 15:14:58 »

My door is always open for you, jd! :P

More

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 15:21:37 »

;D
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline iri

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 15:28:18 »
I've heard that it takes much longer than a month for your guts to adapt from a meat-less diet. ;)

I have been a vegetarian for longer than not - I don't think I can go back. The idea of eating something that has been a living being is just so alien to me.
I do like the smell of some meaty foods sometimes, but I have learned that some smells and tastes that I have associated with meat are often more from the herbs, spices and other things that you cook the meat with than the meat itself.
I go from vegan to meat based diet and vice versa four times a year. It is not difficult.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #85 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 15:29:39 »

I go from vegan to meat based diet and vice versa four times a year. It is not difficult.

Do give us some details this sounds interesting! :D

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 15:42:00 »
Pizza is, and will always be, my favourite, but lately I've been getting into burgers. Making a good burger is quick and easy, so I think I'll be eating more of that from now on.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #87 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 15:49:41 »
Pizza is, and will always be, my favourite, but lately I've been getting into burgers. Making a good burger is quick and easy, so I think I'll be eating more of that from now on.

Burgers with high quality cheddar cheese is so good.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 15:56:05 »

Welcome to my life.

I once had a doctor tell me I needed to eat more burgers to get my iron levels back up after a surgery.  Best possible news, right there.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #89 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 16:02:51 »
First picture is a coffee milkshake. You can buy happiness guys. Second is bimibap and pork from a Korean place near work. Went there for the first time last week.

Offline iri

« Reply #90 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 00:44:42 »
Traditional easter food

62504-0

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #91 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 00:46:27 »
Sea products day with a thai soup

62506-0

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #92 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 00:48:45 »
A healthy veggie breakfast

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ]

« Last Edit: Sat, 26 April 2014, 00:51:56 by iri »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #93 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 00:53:13 »
Second attempt

62508-0

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #94 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 00:54:46 »
Buckwheat spaghetti with homemade bread

62510-0

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #95 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 00:56:28 »
Penne this time

62512-0

-Ray Bradbury

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #96 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 00:56:37 »

I've been veg for something like 9 years now and still find bacon and shrimp hard to pass up sometimes.  Once a blue moon I become a terrible person and eat a small bit of meat, usually accidentally, but sometimes out of overactive salivary glands.  I definitely need to hear some of your recipes.

Offline iri

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 01:02:17 »
UnpRetentious breakfast

62514-0

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #98 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 01:04:29 »
Another meal from a restaurant: a nepalese dinner

62516-0

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #99 on: Sat, 26 April 2014, 01:34:20 »
Traditional maslenitsa dinner

62518-0

-Ray Bradbury