Author Topic: 'Why should I join Geekhack?'  (Read 1149177 times)

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline pr0ximity

Re: 'Why should I join Geekhack?'
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 12:21:53 »
Cuz it's fun.

Also I don't think I'd be as adventurous in soldering things together as I am now if it weren't for this place. I'm not 100% sure that's a good thing, but it's certainly something  :))
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 12:22:35 »
You should join geekhack because you want to.  A lot of people (myself included) love the community here.  Perhaps that's reason enough.  But no matter how "great" a community is, not everyone will like it, so maybe it's not for you.  But I can tell you that, without a doubt, I have met more awesome people here than anywhere else on the internet.  Is that not reason enough?  :cool:

Ageed Hoff.  I joined Geekhack because I wanted to.  A lot of users will never join any kind of forum at all and just do a Google search on everything.  I didn't join another forum.  If people want to join here and participate it's not going to be my telling a user of another forum they should go to Geekhack.  Some join all of them.  I would think it's up to them to decide where they want to go.

I like it here.  That's what matters.  Not what other people think.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 12:43:59 »
geekhack is the birth place of pretty much everything keyboard related

i like gh as much as the next person but cmon. thats reaching.

gold springs
lubing
stickers
"vintage" switches
custom keyboards

everything gh loves is mostly thanks to the koreans.

now keycaps, you can thank gh.

That's true demik but as JD said geekhack makes it more accessible for example if sprit and others never joined I personally would not of gone to look for them.

For me as well it's more the fact it was the first place I checked for keycaps which was here but I would say even though we have our quirks I do love it here.

Also going off topic the first thing I looked into before finding geekhack was a post of if I'm correct CLib on DT of his gigabyte keyboard tear down as I was looking to buy one :)
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 12:51:51 »
Wanted to hear what people thought, maybe from the perspective of a potential new member coming from reddit or another forum.

So, why should someone be compelled to join Geekhack?

Well, if you have to ask . . .

I think most people are self-compelled once they happen to find themselves here.

« Last Edit: Fri, 30 January 2015, 16:21:32 by iMav »

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 13:00:54 »
ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG!!!  iMav iMav IMav!  <3 <3 <3 less than three!!!0111

I joined to help me get more chicks.  The Ladies Love Geekhackers.  TLLGH.  Ask the Cap'n.  He knows what I'm talking about.

And cuz chill peeps.

And cuz gifs.

P.S., If you want to get spewed with crap, go to reddit, cuz it's the @ss end of the internet.  And rapster is just about the biggest @ss on reddit.
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 January 2015, 13:03:27 by eth0s »
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 13:02:37 »
geekhack is the birth place of pretty much everything keyboard related

i like gh as much as the next person but cmon. thats reaching.

gold springs
lubing
stickers
"vintage" switches
custom keyboards

everything gh loves is mostly thanks to the koreans.

now keycaps, you can thank gh.

That's true demik but as JD said geekhack makes it more accessible for example if sprit and others never joined I personally would not of gone to look for them.

For me as well it's more the fact it was the first place I checked for keycaps which was here but I would say even though we have our quirks I do love it here.

Also going off topic the first thing I looked into before finding geekhack was a post of if I'm correct CLib on DT of his gigabyte keyboard tear down as I was looking to buy one :)

wont argue that. gh has made it easier and more koreans have jumped onto gh thanks to our wide user base.

and the fact some spend like there is no tomorrow.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 13:03:26 »
ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG!!!  iMav iMav IMav!  <3 <3 <3 less than three!!!0111

I joined to help me get more chicks.  The Ladies Lover Geekhackers.  TLLGH.  Ask the Cap'n.  He knows what I'm talking about.

And cuz chill peeps.

And cuz gifs.

Show Image

P.S., If you want to get spewed with crap, go to reddit, cuz it's the @ss end of the internet.  And rapster is just about the biggest @ss on reddit.

^ This + This = This

You know the thread is good if iMav comes out :D

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 13:06:18 »
Because people here don't think it's weird to find keyboards interesting. You guys understand.

And the "making stuff together!" subforum. It's the breeding ground of awesomeness. So many cool concepts and projects happen there.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 13:06:53 »
I joined to help me get more chicks.  The Ladies Love Geekhackers.  TLLGH.  Ask the Cap'n.  He knows what I'm talking about.

BUT WAIT, I thought you were a lady yourself  :eek:

17/f/blonde/blue eyes/your area. 

I'm new in town.

I saw your pic, and I think we should meet up.

I'm into older guys, couples or girls.

I'm a bit busty, I hope you don't mind.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 13:10:07 »

BUT WAIT, I thought you were a lady yourself  :eek:

17/f/blonde/blue eyes/your area. 

I'm new in town.

I saw your pic, and I think we should meet up.

I'm into older guys, couples or girls.

I'm a bit busty, I hope you don't mind.

hey now. we accept all here. chix on chix. dix on dix. chix on dix. dix on chix.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 13:11:51 »
hey now. we accept all here. chix on chix. dix on dix. chix on dix. dix on chix.

You're right of course. I just could've sworn eth0s looked different in Chicago...

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 13:13:21 »
maybe hes a shape shifting reptilian??

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 13:14:49 »

You're right of course. I just could've sworn eth0s looked different in Chicago...

I dunno, looked like a chick to me.

:thumb:

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 13:17:35 »
I'll post why I joined GH and why I've stayed even if I still don't get all the sub text and chat to y'all on skype.

I wanted to get a mech keyboard, but going from a £30-40 board to a £120 is quite a jump and so I wanted to make sure I was getting the best value with a good entry level board that would last me.
browsing a forum and seeing what boards people have is a pretty good way to get a half decent general consensus on something, add that to the wiki (least when I was lurking) and it offered invaluable information and feedback.
The reason I stayed is becasue a forum is a community, reddit isn't. The problem with reddit is that everything is based around who shouts the loudest whats the latest meme's. Nothing stays and everything is old within an hour or so. With a forum your able to really get to know the people more and partake in chat and banter without it being a race for karma and upvotes.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 13:18:25 »

I dunno, looked like a chick to me.

:thumb:

As long as she looked 18, you're good. ;)
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 13:51:45 »
29.8:1 is a ratio I can work with!  :thumb:
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 13:59:25 »

:rolleyes:

You're used to this, coming from the land of the Snow Cows.  :P

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 14:05:25 »

:rolleyes:

You're used to this, coming from the land of the Snow Cows.  :P

Hey they keep you warm at night!  :p

Yeah it's rough up here compared to Chicago but there are a few lookers if you know where to search.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 14:20:56 »
cuz yeeeee
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 January 2015, 14:23:43 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 14:22:42 »
wont argue that.
I had a civil conversation with Demik, today is a good day you are a nice person :3 (Can I add you as a friend :3 )

Yeah some spend way too much but if they can they might as well as, I'll just sit here with my poker and nyan cat set being all happy till the end of time c:

My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 14:27:46 »
si

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 14:51:17 »
The Community!!!!!   ;D

Also, purple font! Duh!

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 14:52:41 »
This might come of as incredibly sentimental (which is generally not something that I would describe myself as) but, here goes nothing.

I have never, in the entirety of my life, been a social person. I've never made a forum post, never sent or received a PM of any kind. I don't have a ton of friends (I may not have any real friends, if you remove my family members). I have a very hard time "fitting in". I'm not like a monster or anything, but I'm pretty direct, and I'm not shy to express my opinions. To make matters worse, I tend to find social situations extraordinarily difficult, exhausting even. I would likely be defined as a "wall flower" of sorts. I don't engage.

To get a little personal on you here, I had a kid (then another), and I didn't want to pass along my anti-social tenancies to my offspring. There is, shall we say, a certain Magic in Friendship. (I have two young girls.)  ;) So, I decided to put myself out there and join in something. Why I picked this forum was because there is a strong sense of community here. There seemed to be a desire to continue to grow that community. I like keyboards, I work in Information Technology, I am geeky and awkward, and I say what I'm thinking, and for my time lurking, I felt like all of that was completely acceptable.

To expand on that though, I have a strong desire to learn new things. I feel like the community here is so willing to step up and help out each other. I will, one day, build myself a custom board, and I'm sure when I have a question I can come here an ask. The level of knowledge here is second to none, and everyone is so willing to share. The beauty of that, of course, is that I can then take what I have learned and help others. That fosters a great community that will continue to grow.

These are the reasons to join, or at least my reasons. Much love, people, much love.  :-*
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #74 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 15:09:57 »
GH is one of the most talented and friendliest communities I've been fortunate enough to discover/join. It's extremely humbling/inspiring to see the amount of passion that goes in by everyone. At the same time, a lot of the people I've gotten closer to are bffl material.

Sure there're bumps along the road and the occasional bad apple in the barrel of mostly regular and outstanding apples, but as a whole GH is way more legit than it is illegit.
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 15:14:42 »
GH is one of the most talented and friendliest communities I've been fortunate enough to discover/join. It's extremely humbling/inspiring to see the amount of passion that goes in by everyone. At the same time, a lot of the people I've gotten closer to are bffl material.

Sure there're bumps along the road and the occasional bad apple in the barrel of mostly regular and outstanding apples, but as a whole GH is way more legit than it is illegit.

why don't you respond to my texts bb

:'(

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #76 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 15:16:44 »
I think most people are self-compelled once they happen to find themselves here.

This was it for me. ^^  It became clear really quickly that these were my people and there was a ton of cool stuff happening here.

we're better than ripster

Sums it up tbh

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 15:29:48 »
come for the keyboards

stay for the community
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 15:36:47 »
come for the keyboards

stay for the community

tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 15:48:52 »
Is geekhack where ripster started, or was he a part of any other forums previously?

I'm guessing yes along with OCN forums

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 15:49:38 »

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #81 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 15:52:24 »

This was it for me. ^^  It became clear really quickly that these were my people and there was a ton of cool stuff happening here.

I was introduced to GH from o2dazone (we work together IRL), and as a noob, it was extremely helpful. And when I first joined, ripster was also very helpful here on GH.
I read through a ton of his wiki stuff, and learned a ton. It was a shame the way everything played out. Ah well.

But bottom line, it's definitely a more inviting place than reddit (for me, personally). That's nothing against reddit, it just feels easier to soak in information here, I think.

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 15:52:31 »
Definitely the community. You guys have helped me so damn much over the years I've been here. Never once have I took it for granted, either. Actually made me cry at times with the sheer amount of generosity.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 15:52:49 »
Taylor Swift gifs...and keyboards, I guess. 

This place ain't bad. :))

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 15:57:03 »
I remember ripster having his own subforum here and there is a thread he made for newbies to post anything to get the post count up so they can participate on group buys if I remember correctly.

Anyways I joined GH back in 2011 for the same reason as most of you guys. I love this community and all the things I learned about keyboards it thought me.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #85 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 18:08:36 »
I remember ripster having his own subforum here and there is a thread he made for newbies to post anything to get the post count up so they can participate on group buys if I remember correctly.

Anyways I joined GH back in 2011 for the same reason as most of you guys. I love this community and all the things I learned about keyboards it thought me.
How did he move from being well accepted to being such a jerk that nobody like?

I joined GH pretty much like Lurch. I looked for information about Ducky. The only serious information I found was on GH. Once I received my keyboard, I wanted to post pictures of my board like everyone. And then I got hooked up. Meeting nice people along the way was even better. Seeing so much act of generosity was so nice considering most of us never see each other IRL. We are just gathered around the same interest and it does not stop people to be really nice to each other. What Bunny did for me was the perfect example.

I love you guys!

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 18:09:50 »

shut up ho, you signed up just to talk to me, and you stayed because you love me.

Offline bowji

• Came for the Keycaps, stayed for the community.
« Reply #87 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 19:12:14 »
come for the keyboards

stay for the community

+1
Well, I initially joined for the keycaps.

The small number of people who have read my thread might know I joined for a different artisan other than CC n BB. Now thats a different story, and I wanna catch em all (I wont lie)... It was only after I joined GH I was more compelled to the hobby of keyboards, looking for a variety of switches/keyboards, custom keycaps and custom sets (wallet-hack?).

While, I do find that there is an "inner circle" of members, in no way I find it to be a closed community as reddit claims. Its inevitable that OG members grouping up due to the fact that they have a history of shared experiences, stories, interests and favors. Some are here for that inner circle, some are here to share their knowledge, some are here to enforce their "master-race" of switch-type/keyboards and some are here to lurk/learn (some only for keycaps). Everyone here has a different purpose, being opinionated one way or another, with varying experiences and knowledge.

Although I am a member in the Korean keyboard communities, my elementary-level of Korean grammar limits me to be active there, just another place to read and learn, taking part in activities that require minimal communication such as photo galleries and trades/group-buys. Plus there are many restrictions there that a lot of members here will not agree with, including myself. I am more active on GH; here I can learn, share and debate about the differing arguments of keyboards (and of course, lose money :p). I feel like thats what a community is, a group of people with different opinions because its not about being right wing or left wing, its about knowing.

On that note, I hope thats "why others should join geekhack", to learn and share experiences.  :thumb:
               FREE GIRLDC!!     코리안 스레드

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 21:27:45 »
We all joined to participate in sophisticated banter with tp4, didn't we?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #89 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 21:49:59 »
We should not...

Offline drewba

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 22:37:01 »
GH has the most detailed content and opportunity to learn. Reddit & DT are great in ways but don't have the same community/collaborative aspects that GH excels at.

Offline choiboi

• * Destiny Supporter
  • B I G B O Y S
« Reply #91 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 23:23:47 »
Well, there are more (and more specific) subsections, much more detailed and in-depth keyboard modding, and a higher concentration of cap/board/material vendors/creators.

Additionally, everything is dictated by activity rather than by relative interest/time, which allows for things such as group buys/group projects to flourish, which are long-term.

Offline jamster

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 23:44:33 »
Wanted to hear what people thought, maybe from the perspective of a potential new member coming from reddit or another forum.

So, why should someone be compelled to join Geekhack?

Gah, I am a a new joiner and my advice would be DON'T JOIN GEEKHACK.

A month ago I was just browsing these forums to try figure out what keyboard to buy. Now I''ve ordered two sets of PBT caps on a group buy, I'm trying o-rings and I'm about to rip my new board apart to do an ErgoClear mod.

So instead of the cost of just a new keyboard, I'm spending 3-4 times that money and who knows how many hours with a soldering iron and looking for tiny springs lost on the floor  :)

And I forsee a good chance that the next step is to decide that I don't even want to stick with MX switches and then try others.

Seriously though, on most of the forums that I frequent, I am at the geekier end of the curve. It's impressive to come into this forum and see people waaay further along the spectrum than I am :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 January 2015, 23:46:04 by jamster »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #93 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 23:56:16 »
There's a pretty cool church here, where all are welcome!

Offline animated

• uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 23:59:18 »
the greatest thing about the GH community is that its not toxic.  Some communities, usually gaming, are just bad.
Das Browns, Filco Reds, Filco Blues, Leopold FC750R Reds, B.87 and B.Pad Gateron Blacks 65G Korean Springs, Varmillo VA87MR Gateron Blacks w/ Aluminum Case

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #95 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 00:33:07 »
There's a pretty cool church here, where all are welcome!

+1
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #96 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 01:28:47 »
Great place to forget reality and the very essence that keeps you sane, in most respects  ;) .

This current Gif war between those that support "Taylor Swift and Emma Stone" they really want to post pictures showing Miss Stone wearing a huge black, 12 inch strap, measuring Miss Swift's internal temperature.

A good place to set your mind free and unencumbered by any law or form of prejudice......... enough said.

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 02:27:02 »
Honestly, I joined to correct a certain someone's Alps wiki, way back in 2010.

I was going through my parent's barn one day and came across the keyboards I used as a kid in the 80's. Work had slowed down due to the economy (building train simulators for railroads doesn't work well when the railroads get slow), so I brought in a couple of the keyboards that clicked so I could clean them up and try them again.  Googling Alps brought me to the GH wiki, and as I had both blues and whites (and later found greens at my parent's business), I obviously had to compare internals and correct a certain someone.
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #98 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 02:36:11 »
Googling Alps brought me to the GH wiki, and as I had both blues and whites (and later found greens at my parent's business), I obviously had to compare internals and correct a certain someone.

Good, always seek further enlightenment by acquiring knowledge that shall bring forth, the rapture of 'correctness' (when it comes to proving your point here on Geekhack)  8) .

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #99 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 05:03:10 »
Back in 2011, this was the only place on the internet that had cool stuff like blank PBT engraved keycaps, so I quickly signed up and ordered two sets from imsto.

Of course, that was way before I found out about GMK doubleshots and what not, it's funny how mainstream mechanical keyboards have gotten.

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent