Author Topic: November News  (Read 9669 times)

Offline Bruce

• http://www.keyboardco.com
November News
« on: Fri, 27 November 2009, 14:41:29 »
Hello.

I hope all you guys in The States are enjoying Thanksgiving.

It's been a busy month - we've expanded our offices and taken on a new guy so I'm sorry that I haven't kept up to date too well.
Our website has been a little neglected but there are a lot of new things coming along, which should be 'live' on the site by the end of next week.

In stock now - we have a couple of nice keyboards from Cherry. MX1800 with Blacks and a pretty slick looking MX3000 in black, with blacks and blank tops.

Arriving next week -  we have a shipment of goodies from these guys:- http://www.sealshield.com
They do keyboards and mice that you can put through the dishwasher - and with anti-bacterial built in. We're getting a lot of demand for these with Swine Flu - and the general perception that our health service needs cleaning up.
We've had the basic model for a while now but this is a big expansion of the range. The wireless ones and very small little ones - which we call Seal Pups.

And Due soon...
Big Filco shipment.
Unfortunately a little behind original ETA but leaving the factory next week, due early January.
This is our first consignment of 105 key Filco boards. Printed UK style. NKRO on all and blacks, blues, Browns to chose from.
Also some more Tenkeyless in US style. And a couple of little Pink things too.

I was sorely tempted to fly these in to make it for Christmas - but in the end we went for sea because although it takes 4-5 weeks door to door, it saves a noticeable amount on each unit. So apologies to anyone who has been patiently waiting.

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
November News
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 27 November 2009, 15:26:52 »
I like your site. Can you give me a clue on shipping to the USA? xxx per pound?
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline Bruce

• http://www.keyboardco.com
November News
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 27 November 2009, 16:34:45 »
ricercar, thank you.
If this rain doesn't stop soon i'll be offering to jump on a plane and deliver by hand. LOL

If you want to know what shipping cost is going to be - go on there, load up your cart with whatever you fancy and check out. You do the carriage bit before you hit the secure bit so just cancel out. We won't have snatched your details or anything. It will work it to the penny, then multiply by 1.65 for dollars.
There are two options on there depending how much of a hurry you're in. Royal Mail takes about a week and on a Cherry 3000 which grosses at 1.2KG (Sorry America - that's about  2.6lb I think) it comes to $34.

Offline danbee

November News
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 28 November 2009, 05:46:21 »
Cool, looking forward to ordering a UK Filco with browns :)

Offline xyzzy

November News
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 28 November 2009, 07:45:43 »
Quote from: Bruce;136709
In stock now - we have a couple of nice keyboards from Cherry. MX1800 with Blacks and a pretty slick looking MX3000 in black, with blacks and blank tops.

Now if you could get the MX1800 in black (blank or lettered) and with the choice of brown or blue switches, it would be a serious competitor for the tenkeyless Filco.

IBM Model F62 (Ellipse's) • PFU HHKB Pro Type S Hybrid • PFU HHKB Pro • Leopold FC660C • IBM Model M SSK 1391472 • IBM Model M SSK UNI04C6 • IBM Model M 1391405 (x4) • Cherry MX 1800 Compact (blue Cherry) • Cherry MX 11900 Touchboard (brown Cherry) • Dell AT102W (black Alps) • Apple Extended Keyboard II (cream Alps) • Acer 6312-TA (black Acer) • Unikey KWD-601 (white Cherry)

Offline itlnstln

November News
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 30 November 2009, 07:39:09 »
Quote from: xyzzy;136902
Now if you could get the MX1800 in black (blank or lettered) and with the choice of brown or blue switches, it would be a serious competitor for the tenkeyless Filco.

Now, if I could only get someone in the US to do the same...

Offline InSanCen

November News
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 02 December 2009, 08:49:05 »
argh!

You're going to get me killed by "Her Inside" Bruce!

I asked for a MX3000 for Xmas, and well, it wasn't pretty...

So many keyboards, so few ways to smuggle them inside the house!
Currently Using :- IBM M13 1996, Black :
Currently Own :- 1391406 1989 & 1990 : AT Model F 1985 : Boscom 122 (Black) : G80-3000 : G80-1800 (x2) : Wang 724 : G81-8000LPBGB (Card Reader, MY) : Unitek : AT102W : TVS Gold :
Project\'s :- Wang 724 Pink-->White Clicky : USB Model M : IBM LPFK :
Pointing stuff :- Logitech MX-518 : I-One Lynx R-15 Trackball : M13 Nipple : Microsoft Basic Optical\'s
:

Offline ak_nala

November News
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 02 December 2009, 15:15:20 »
Count yourself lucky it's not keyboards AND typewriters you have to smuggle in - much harder to hide a typewriter behind your back :)
No matter where you go, there you are...