Author Topic: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.  (Read 369072 times)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Re: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 21:30:42 »
CAROLINA RIPer

« Last Edit: Thu, 11 February 2016, 22:36:01 by byker »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 07 February 2016, 21:32:03 »
Those win keys should be flatlines.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline iri

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 10:29:49 »
Arrested development.

Today's film list:
* Rango
* Dallas buyers club
* True grit

Have you seen Arrested Development before?
No.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 10:34:36 »
Arrested development.

Today's film list:
* Rango
* Dallas buyers club
* True grit

Have you seen Arrested Development before?
No.

What are your thoughts as a first-timer?

Offline iri

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 11:29:25 »
It's moderately hilarious.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 21:58:31 »
At the risk of whatever ridicule it may bring, here is my master list of TV shows...

I started making it because I was curious how much time I had spent watching various TV shows over the years.  In order to have any episodes counted, I must have begun watching the series from episode 1 and watched continuously up to that point.  Obviously I have watched many more days of television over the years, but that is not the point of this exercise. 

Purple shading indicates shows I'm currently watching (depends on the day, I rotate around), and yellow shading indicates shows that I need to re-assess where I am (AKA it's been awhile).

:thumb:

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 22:01:33 »
At the risk of whatever ridicule it may bring, here is my master list of TV shows...

I started making it because I was curious how much time I had spent watching various TV shows over the years.  In order to have any episodes counted, I must have begun watching the series from episode 1 and watched continuously up to that point.  Obviously I have watched many more days of television over the years, but that is not the point of this exercise. 

Purple shading indicates shows I'm currently watching (depends on the day, I rotate around), and yellow shading indicates shows that I need to re-assess where I am (AKA it's been awhile).

Now this is impressive. I love graphs and charts like this. I'm tempted to make my own now, but I'm not sure I want to see how much time I waste enjoy watching tv.

Offline w00zie

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 22:03:10 »
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3032476/

That's one of my favorites. I just started watch Sherlock on Netflix and its pretty damn good.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 22:03:56 »

Now this is impressive. I love graphs and charts like this. I'm tempted to make my own now, but I'm not sure I want to see how much time I waste enjoy watching tv.

;D  I also spent a solid 3-4 days one summer cataloging every movie I've ever watched in my life.  :)) :-[  Of course I can't be 100% sure that it's complete, but it's pretty damn close.  :P

I swear I have friends too.  :3

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 08 February 2016, 22:09:06 »

Wow Frisky Dingo, I forgot all about that show. Nice.

Offline hullo8d

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 00:21:21 »

what on earth prompted you to watch the 80s show? also, what'd you think rick and morty season 2?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 00:41:50 »
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3032476/

That's one of my favorites. I just started watch Sherlock on Netflix and its pretty damn good.

I quite like Sherlock for the superb acting and persona..

However, i can't help but feel the cases are rather inconsequential..  yes it's sherlock holmes, but he's like an errand boy for triviality.. does it really matter that he solves what he solves..  it may be a mystery, but it's overall unimportant and of little consequence..

I find that to be the folly of the whole ordeal. 

Offline hullo8d

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 00:56:57 »

I quite like Sherlock for the superb acting and persona..

However, i can't help but feel the cases are rather inconsequential..  yes it's sherlock holmes, but he's like an errand boy for triviality.. does it really matter that he solves what he solves..  it may be a mystery, but it's overall unimportant and of little consequence..

I find that to be the folly of the whole ordeal.

i'd say that it makes perfect sense that most of his cases are inconsequential, because of his whole 'doing it for fun' way of choosing his cases. in a sense he's a big baby with big brain.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 15:23:36 »

what on earth prompted you to watch the 80s show? also, what'd you think rick and morty season 2?

That was during my "watch all the shows that were cancelled after one season, hoping to find a gem" phase.  :))  Of course, I knew that one was **** going into it, but oh well.  :P

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 15:27:21 »
Pawn Stars.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 16:07:34 »

Oh man Sealab 2021!
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 16:49:02 »

Oh man Sealab 2021!

Offline theoriginal123123

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 16:54:36 »
Been binging on original X-Files for about 2 weeks now, in preparation for watching the new series! Such a great show, didn't realise it was gonna be so creepy, always thought of it as kind of campy and goofy.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 17:10:35 »
Been binging on original X-Files for about 2 weeks now, in preparation for watching the new series! Such a great show, didn't realise it was gonna be so creepy, always thought of it as kind of campy and goofy.

I remember as a kid my mom was hooked on it. I would catch a couple of episodes here and there and the vibe would just creep me out.

Also, still watching Tales from the Crypt. Wow. I thought HBO didn't become "HBO" until the late '90s, but they've been doing their "HBO thing" since the late '80s.

Offline hullo8d

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 17:39:51 »
That was during my "watch all the shows that were cancelled after one season, hoping to find a gem" phase.  :))  Of course, I knew that one was **** going into it, but oh well.  :P

ok i can understand where you are coming from. the only show that i can think of the top of my head that meets that criteria would be mission hill, lucy the daughter of the devil, and snuff box. i guess a lot of weird tv and anime can pull off a one season thing.

edit: just noticed the x-files talk

it's an amazing show, but prepare yourself for some stinkers. it's very helpful to find a guide to know which episodes to skip, because some of the bad episodes are bad to the point where they turn a lot of people of from the show. also i'd suggest watching it in accompaniment of kumail najiani's x-files files podcast, it makes the whole experience tons better.

brilliant show though. everybody should give it a shot. it's one of the few things that i'd say influenced me as a spooky kid.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 February 2016, 17:43:33 by hullo8d »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 17:44:31 »

ok i can understand where you are coming from. the only show that i can think of the top of my head that meets that criteria would be mission hill, lucy the daughter of the devil, and snuff box. i guess a lot of weird tv and anime can pull off a one season thing.

Well IMO there are a few more.  ;)

In order of preference:
  • Clone High
  • Firefly
  • Freaks and Geeks
  • Cromartie High School
  • Flash Forward
  • Drive (not amazing, but worth a quick watch)

Offline hullo8d

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 18:15:07 »

In order of preference:
  • Clone High
  • Firefly
  • Freaks and Geeks
  • Cromartie High School
  • Flash Forward

i'm sure there are, those were the couples i could think of at the time. but yeah i've seen the first 4 in your list, really solid shows. if you enjoyed freaks and geeks you might want to check out undeclared. it's made by judd apatow and it's basically a light hearted freaks and geeks in college. also another good one season show.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 18:18:03 »

In order of preference:
  • Clone High
  • Firefly
  • Freaks and Geeks
  • Cromartie High School
  • Flash Forward

i'm sure there are, those were the couples i could think of at the time. but yeah i've seen the first 4 in your list, really solid shows. if you enjoyed freaks and geeks you might want to check out undeclared. it's made by judd apatow and it's basically a light hearted freaks and geeks in college. also another good one season show.

It's on the "completed" list.  ;)  I enjoyed it for the little effort required, but it felt rather lacking IMO. 

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 18:23:09 »
I'm slowly wandering through the last 10-15 years of TV that I missed for various reasons. For example, I finished Breaking Bad recently. Currently in season 2 of The Sopranos.

Up next: The Wire, Arrested Development

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 18:27:01 »
Twin Peaks, on repeat, forever  ;D
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline hullo8d

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 18:29:18 »

In order of preference:
  • Clone High
  • Firefly
  • Freaks and Geeks
  • Cromartie High School
  • Flash Forward

It's on the "completed" list.  ;)  I enjoyed it for the little effort required, but it felt rather lacking IMO.

yeah it's just a show stuck within it's weird post sitcom era. freaks and geeks being a drama, takes on more personal tones and hits those strides that most people can still relate to, so i can see what you mean when you say undeclared is lacking.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 18:30:58 »

I hear the xfiles episode this week is supposed to be one of the creepiest things to air on tv ever.  :eek: Last weeks was easily one of the funniest xfiles episodes ever though.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 20:19:51 »

I hear the xfiles episode this week is supposed to be one of the creepiest things to air on tv ever.  :eek: Last weeks was easily one of the funniest xfiles episodes ever though.

I've been re-watching the old X-Files as well for the new season (just finished season 4) and the second episode of the 4th season, Home, was pretty ****ing creepy.  Inbred hillbillies that keep their quadriplegic mother strapped to a board under their bed?!  How the hell did that even get on network TV in the first place?
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline theoriginal123123

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 16:48:36 »
The one that's got me so far was the guy in season 2 who needed to feed on people, and could contort himself to get into places via impossibly small spaces.

The way his eyes changed and his stare of sheer hunger, dang man...

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 18:43:31 »
Last thing I watched was Fruitvale Station...

:'( :'( :'(

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 19:42:51 »
most likely porn if after 10 on a weekend

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 19:54:45 »
CompTIA A+ videos.. I hate working random retail jobs

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 20:04:57 »

Offline Ephemeral

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 21:21:57 »
I just finished the third season of The Eric Andre Show. That man is a legend.
Collection:
More
E6.5 (Lubed 50g MX Blacks) | Preonic (55g MX Clears) | CA66 (Zealios V2 65g) | budget96 (MX Red) | Infinity 60% (Zealios 78g) | Phantom TKL (Gateron Black) | MiniVan (Zealios 78g) | Helix (?)
[Incoming: Polaris (?) |  KBDFans 8X Mk II (v2 Tealios)]

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 22:45:31 »
I just finished the third season of The Eric Andre Show. That man is a legend.
amazing

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 01:04:14 »
been catching up on "The Leftovers" season 2, good show.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 01:07:19 »
Watching the clack vent thread.

So far very boring.

Don't get the plot at all.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 01:08:14 »
Just finished Luther :)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 15:38:37 »
I COMPLETELY FORGOT.

Season 7 of the League has just arrived on UK Netflix. I'm going to watch it when I get home I think :)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 16:24:57 »
Just finished Luther :)

My wife watched that and said it was "okay."

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #90 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 16:27:42 »
if I was home, I'd be watching The Office or Andy Griffith.

but im not, so ****

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 16:31:36 »
Can someone post a picture related to television in here? I'm sick of seeing pulse as the photo for this thread on tapatalk.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator

« Reply #94 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 17:08:04 »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 17:11:23 »
I can't stand Jerry Seinfeld.  >:D

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #96 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 17:13:35 »

What's the deal with you not standing Jerry Seinfeld?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 17:25:38 »

NOT EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 17:27:23 »

NOT EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND

Everybody loves ramen.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 17:32:08 »
Couldn't sleep last night. Will I Pass out or stay up to watch the big bang theory. Udon > Top Ramen