Author Topic: Keyboard Story at school  (Read 2924 times)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
Keyboard Story at school
« on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 10:45:47 »
I remember earlier on one day on my lunch break i was playing a fun little game called "typeracer." I was doing it on a clicky, rubber dome keyboard(obviously because my school can't afford mechanical, and neither can i) and was typing very fast, easy sentences against my opponent.
"Bang.Bang. Clack clack clack" My keyboard went as i rapidly typed the sentences on the screen as fast as i can. Suddenly, a teacher walks into the room, and notices my typing noises. She replys with:
"excuse me, can you type a bit quieter please? There are students here working and they cannot be distracted."
"i'm not trying to distract them, this is just the way that i type."
I continued typing, but this time a bit more quieter. I did not like this as typing more quieter hinders my speed and thus makes me slower. I needed to find a way to get past my opponent and eventually beat them.
To sum it up, it was not fun. I do not like people asking me to type quietly.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Keyboard Story at school
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 22 August 2021, 11:46:16 »
those $5 dome boards on amazon are the quietest boards around, more quiet than Topre silent edition.

The caps are extra thin and low density plastic so they almost don't clack.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 22:12:16 »
for me when i still went to high school  friends would crowd aroudn me to see my monkeytype score
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 23:47:47 »
good job mr. treeleaf

Offline SilitekModder

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 18 September 2021, 21:30:30 »
My university has the new horrible Dell chiclet keyboards. The spacebar rattles and squeaks almost as loud as a clicky switch, but much worse.

Offline Peytontyler

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 18 April 2022, 12:54:48 »
What an interesting story; I, too, have a friend who has a very noisy keyboard. It irritates me, especially when I have to do my homework for school. That's why I get my assignment from this site https://paperap.com/free-papers/firefighter/, because it's not every time I manage to get ready. Last time I got a firefighter homework essay because we are at a sports inclined school, and I don't always manage to come up with something on this homework (there is little information on the internet).
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 April 2022, 03:40:39 by Peytontyler »