Author Topic: Anyone with a sentimental attachment to their keyboard(s)?  (Read 2552 times)

Offline Index

Anyone with a sentimental attachment to their keyboard(s)?
« on: Fri, 05 August 2011, 15:02:50 »
I was wondering if anyone else here has any sentimental attachments to their keyboard(s), and if you do list the keyboard(s) and the reason(s) why.

My Leopold FC200RT/ABN (tenkeyless otaku w/ browns) is my 2nd mechanical keyboard (had the das first, didn't like it very much). As soon as I saw pictures of it back in late 2010, I knew I had to get one. The clean look and tenkeyless factor is what sold me. Additionally, it was also my first keyboard with blank keycaps, and so it forced me to learn how to touch type. I will never give up this keyboard. I also had it signed by DongRaeGu (Korean Starcraft II Pro) at MLG Anaheim 2011 (last weekend).
Gaming Keyboard: Leopold FC200RT/ABN
Work Keyboard: HHKB Pro 2 PD-KB400B

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 05 August 2011, 15:07:39 »
I'm emotionally attached to my KL Kustom boards.

Offline Culinia

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 05 August 2011, 15:09:39 »
Well since my Majestouch blues is my first keyboard and the one that I learned to touch type with it. I do feel some 'attachment,' I guess I wouldn't give it away or sell it any time soon, nor let anyone write on it, LOL :P

Offline RiGS

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 05 August 2011, 16:01:47 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;393698

Yet you sold one of them.
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 05 August 2011, 16:13:31 »
My tenkeyless brown Filco with engraved white PBT caps. I've formed an unhealthy attachment to it.

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 05 August 2011, 16:29:25 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;393698

I will be too  :becky:

I have a framed picture of my keyboard on my desk.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 23377[/ATTACH]
Keyboardless

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 05 August 2011, 16:30:15 »
I'm emotionally attached to my M's.

Off the record, I was also emotionally attached to my Tilley hat.
Which died recently after 20 years of good service.
Since they are supposed to be good for life...
Tilley replaced it for free.
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline RiGS

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 05 August 2011, 16:36:46 »
I really try to be not, but I will be emotionally attached to my blue RF87U 55g when it arrives on Tuesday/Wednesday from the mighty Topre Kingdom in Korea.
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 05 August 2011, 17:01:13 »
Quote from: mmmty;393768

Are those Commodore keys on that? :wink:

Offline TexasFlood

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 05 August 2011, 17:04:01 »
Quote from: mmmty;393768

Are those Commodore keys on that? :wink:

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 05 August 2011, 17:15:31 »
Yes, commodore keys came with doubleshot set I got from Lpb45.
Keyboardless

Offline Merlin

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 05 August 2011, 18:09:50 »
I have a usb attachment to my board

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 05 August 2011, 18:27:04 »
Quote from: Index;393696
I was wondering if anyone else here has any sentimental attachments to their keyboard(s), and if you do list the keyboard(s) and the reason(s) why.

I have a few..

- First and foremost, it's probably my first "official" mech keyboard ever, a Filco "Otaku" browns.  If it wasn't for that board, I guess I wouldn't be here.
- IBM Model M SSK because it took me a while to acquire one NIB.
- Probably the 87UB since it came all the way from Japan and you'll just have to type on it to know why.
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 August 2011, 12:35:22 by reaper »
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline N8N

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 05 August 2011, 18:32:59 »
Only keyboards I'm really attached to are my Model Ms.  But if I lost one I could easily buy another - no real sentimental attachment to any one particular board.  I recently got a Dell AT101W and I have to say that it isn't nearly as good as I remembered - I used one for years at my last job, mostly because it was what was on my desk when I started there, and every time I got a new PC I would give the new keyboard a try for a few days and then ask for my old one back.  (this was before I really knew anything about keyboards;  I just knew that my old one was easier to type on than the new POS that they tried to pawn off on me.)  Now that I actually put some research and experimentation into it, I find that I don't like the high activation point of the Alps switches compared to the other options out there.  Alps = too high; rubber dome = too low; Cherry MX or buckling springs = just right.

I have a feeling that I will become attached to the board on which I'm typing this, but it just came in the mail today so it's too soon to really tell.  WASD w/ blues, but it may not stay that way (I have a thing for clears.)
Filco Majestouch-2 with Cherry Corp. doubleshot keys - Leopold Tenkeyless Tactile Force with Wyse doubleshots - Silicon Graphics 9500900 - WASD V1 - IBM Model M 52G9658 - Noppoo Choc Pro with Cherry lasered PBT keycaps - Wyse 900866-01 - Cherry G80-8200LPBUS/07 - Dell AT101W - several Cherry G81s (future doubleshot donors) (order of current preference) (dang I have too many keyboards, I really only need two)

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 06 August 2011, 12:04:18 »
My work 1391401; it's red-painted, red-dyed leys, trimmed with fake suede, and with blinding white LEDs.  I had to put the LEDs behind limo tint.

it won me a prize in a PC-modification site contest; a Core 2 E7200.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline Lolcakes

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 06 August 2011, 15:57:19 »
Quote from: Index;393696
I also had it signed by DongRaeGu (Korean Starcraft II Pro) at MLG Anaheim 2011 (last weekend).

Ahhh, thats awesome! Any chance you could post any pics? (: In England we dont get any of this esports awesomeness. I want to go to Sweden for the next Dreamhack...

Edit:

On the topic.. yes, I love my keyboard. It is a Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Blues. But I have loved every keyboard that I have ever had, even though all those before were cheap membrane ones... just because it is something i get to touch all day, every day. I kinda like the feel of buttons, even if they weren't the best out there. I really wanted to get a white Filco because It feels even more cozy on the hands but I couldnt find it with blues..

Also you know when keys start becoming shiny... its supposed to be bad but I kinda love that too. Mostly because it is something I have done, with my fingers, making it more unique according to where I like pressing on the keys ^^
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 August 2011, 16:04:41 by Lolcakes »

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 07 August 2011, 11:42:29 »
I name my keyboards after the worlds most incredibly hottest women.

I'm tempted to shove a pair of panties from one of my conquests in my Kinesis since there is so much room in the case.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 07 August 2011, 11:44:13 »
Quote from: ripster;394631
How about a thread on Keyboard Masochism?

Sounds like something you'd see on OCN.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 07 August 2011, 11:47:54 »
I have 3 and I hardly post there, lol.

What do you have an RSS feed turned on for me or something?