Author Topic: Price Check- What's it Worth?  (Read 2373536 times)

Offline cribbit

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Price Check- What's it Worth?
« Reply #7400 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 01:37:55 »
What would you guys value the Kindred cap I won from JellyKey at?
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Afaik there were only 5 of these ever made & I am the only person outside of Joiha that has one. I have to be clear about this here, I am interested in a valuation of this cap because I'm thinking of possibly putting it up for trade. If I do go through with it, it will be only for trade as the guys at Johia asked that I do not resell the cap & I would like to respect their wishes.

It honestly has me torn because it is pretty awesome being the owner of such a rare cap, but the cap has just sat inside of it's container since I got it for the most part. I'm thinking I would rather trade it someone who would actually use the cap on one of their KBs for something I've been looking for, rather than just keep it hidden here with me. I'm still fairly new to the mech KB scene & have become much more interested in making & collecting custom KBs than artisan caps, so I figured I may be able to find a trade that would be worthwhile to me for it. Although before I go posting this for trade I would like to get a decent ideal of what the community values such a cap at. Thanks ahead of time for the input guys! :thumb:

One offs are impossible to price, as there is no precedent for them. Even from vendors that have multiple one offs like Jelly, not all of them have gone up for sale and not all of them are desired the same.

I would just put up a sale thread, set an end time, and say that any offers for it must also show the keeb it would be used on. If someone can't convince you they truly love the cap, you don't have to sell to them.

Just want to point out that if you want to sell on Geekhack, you can't ask for offers, you must have a listed price.

Same with mechmarket.

Both of them have the rule,

"Trade-only threads/items do not require an explicit listed price."
I typed this post on my Slanck. I also developed a stronger, cleaner, easier handwiring method.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #7401 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 10:14:57 »
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Afaik there were only 5 of these ever made & I am the only person outside of Joiha that has one. I have to be clear about this here, I am interested in a valuation of this cap because I'm thinking of possibly putting it up for trade. If I do go through with it, it will be only for trade as the guys at Johia asked that I do not resell the cap & I would like to respect their wishes.

It honestly has me torn because it is pretty awesome being the owner of such a rare cap, but the cap has just sat inside of it's container since I got it for the most part. I'm thinking I would rather trade it someone who would actually use the cap on one of their KBs for something I've been looking for, rather than just keep it hidden here with me. I'm still fairly new to the mech KB scene & have become much more interested in making & collecting custom KBs than artisan caps, so I figured I may be able to find a trade that would be worthwhile to me for it. Although before I go posting this for trade I would like to get a decent ideal of what the community values such a cap at. Thanks ahead of time for the input guys! :thumb:

One offs are impossible to price, as there is no precedent for them. Even from vendors that have multiple one offs like Jelly, not all of them have gone up for sale and not all of them are desired the same.

I would just put up a sale thread, set an end time, and say that any offers for it must also show the keeb it would be used on. If someone can't convince you they truly love the cap, you don't have to sell to them.

Just want to point out that if you want to sell on Geekhack, you can't ask for offers, you must have a listed price.

Same with mechmarket.

That's correct, but you said a sale thread and I just wanted to clarify. In-context, everything's absolutely fine, I just wanted to clarify for the benefit of anyone skimming the thread at a later date. Sorry for any misunderstanding!
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline cribbit

« Reply #7402 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 13:04:56 »
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Same with mechmarket.

That's correct, but you said a sale thread and I just wanted to clarify. In-context, everything's absolutely fine, I just wanted to clarify for the benefit of anyone skimming the thread at a later date. Sorry for any misunderstanding!

I figured it was that! Normally I would have specified too, except that his original comment was very clear that he was only trading. I can see why my comment was unclear.
I typed this post on my Slanck. I also developed a stronger, cleaner, easier handwiring method.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7403 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 15:57:39 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:04:14 by alienman82 »

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #7404 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 01:02:04 »
What would a wasd 104-key V2 keyboard with MX brown be worth without keycaps?  Condition is used - it was my daily driver for about a year.

thanks!

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #7405 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 16:26:03 »
Price check on an Interstellar Pink Stump V1?

Offline Chronnoisseur

« Reply #7406 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 16:36:23 »
Still available?

One sold on ebay recently for about $100

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #7407 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 17:49:46 »
Still available?

That was a Celestial Pink V1

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #7408 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 18:02:08 »
Still available?

That was a Celestial Pink V1

Still a good benchmark for your stump though.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7409 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 21:32:09 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:04:00 by alienman82 »

Offline Luke

• My Technology Blog
« Reply #7410 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 11:03:53 »
Having a clear out of my office the other day, and came across my Silver 60% Hammer aluminium case still in the packaging. What price would it fetch if I put it in the classifieds?

TIA

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7411 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 11:31:27 »
Having a clear out of my office the other day, and came across my Silver 60% Hammer aluminium case still in the packaging. What price would it fetch if I put it in the classifieds?

TIA
I bought one for 190$ shipped on January 5th, I am not sure how much more you can get (I think that may be the original price)

Offline Chronnoisseur

« Reply #7412 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 12:15:43 »
pc on these BBv2s pls.  Gold (Metal), Toxic Ooze, THC.  Thanks :)

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #7413 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 12:19:39 »

Show Image

There is a THC on ebay ending in a couple of days. That should give you an accurate price.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #7414 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 13:59:14 »

Show Image

There is a THC on ebay ending in a couple of days. That should give you an accurate price.

Minus fees. Don't forget eBay takes a good chunk.

Offline Chronnoisseur

« Reply #7415 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 15:15:01 »

Show Image

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on that.  I was more interested in the gold BBv2.  Anyone have more information on it?  How many were made, etc.  Been searching but cant find much.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #7416 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 15:17:15 »

Show Image

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on that.  I was more interested in the gold BBv2.  Anyone have more information on it?  How many were made, etc.  Been searching but cant find much.

Check The Athaneum in Bro Artisan Forum

Offline maltedsoyamilk

« Reply #7417 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 16:06:55 »
pc for a shimmery blue clack topre, also a electric marmalade fugu and watermelon fugu
OTD 356 Mini V1 Black | OTD 356.2 | KMAC Happy | Kmac 2 | TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | Matrix v2.0 | TGR-910 SE | Keycult No.1 Alu Silver & Blue | Keycult No.1 Rev 1 Navy | Keycult No.2 Rev 1| Volcano V660|

Offline Chronnoisseur

« Reply #7418 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 16:33:29 »

Show Image

Thanks, I found the original sale thread https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50942.0.  Seems 25 were made.  At least 16 were mx.  Anyone have an idea what a gold mx one would be worth today?

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #7419 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 20:02:05 »
pc for a shimmery blue clack topre, also a electric marmalade fugu and watermelon fugu

$350ish for the blue topre clack, ~$125 for the electric marmalade and the same for the waterlemon fugu if they are the sets.

Show Image

Thanks, I found the original sale thread https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50942.0.  Seems 25 were made.  At least 16 were mx.  Anyone have an idea what a gold mx one would be worth today?

I couldn't give you a price as I haven't seen one sell publicly or heard of one selling privately. I think I heard of a Sterling Silver one sell for $500 but I am not sure.

Offline Luke

• My Technology Blog
« Reply #7420 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 07:12:13 »

TIA
I bought one for 190$ shipped on January 5th, I am not sure how much more you can get (I think that may be the original price)

Cheers, that would be great if I could get back what I paid, now I just need to decide if I want to part with it.

While I'm here, Blue F2 Clack MX?

Offline skuko

« Reply #7421 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 05:53:16 »
hey guys,

no photos yet, because i'm at work, but i figured i'd ask anyway...

i have a TKL set of SA solarized which never left the shipping bag (well, except for the photo which i have in my phone and will post later in my thread)

also, a full skidata+ with extra spacebars, which never left the bags (figured i have enough GMK sets as is and would never use it anyway)

Leopold FC750RT with browns and black case (original PBT side printed caps never used)

Varmilo 87 TKL (the older one with MX reds and costar stabs)

how much would you reckon i could ask for the above things?

Offline maltedsoyamilk

« Reply #7422 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 11:44:07 »
Pc for a ETF fire guppy fugu v1 and ETF big sky facedip fugu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OTD 356 Mini V1 Black | OTD 356.2 | KMAC Happy | Kmac 2 | TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | Matrix v2.0 | TGR-910 SE | Keycult No.1 Alu Silver & Blue | Keycult No.1 Rev 1 Navy | Keycult No.2 Rev 1| Volcano V660|

Offline Encabulator

« Reply #7423 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 13:47:37 »
Know it's worth near to nothing but what could a magicforce 68 With outemu back switches go for.
relax bro.. no one will bite ur head off on geekhack.. this is not that kind of community...   hahahahahahaha

Though tp4 will personally chew you out if you start selling $60 orings.

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7424 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 14:03:54 »
What would be a reasonable price for HyperFuse DSA everything but ergodox and iso kit? Used with no shine.

I've read group buy price buy don't know what that would have been since its been so long.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline Wingklip

• I am the one the one the one the one the one
« Reply #7425 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 16:55:08 »
Price check: alps clicky blues/heavy blues/locking creams
NEC PC 8801
Alps black pioneer apple 2 keyboard and some other similar one for apple 2162989-0
If you 1v1 me in a cage fight I will use an AK-74 for ranged and an IBM model F 122 for melee

Offline BSmith333

« Reply #7426 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 18:53:28 »
What would a Juicy Furt reborn go for? I don't think I've seen one for sale yet.

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #7427 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 10:01:22 »
What are these worth? The last two of my BBv2 I'm letting go. Only keeping my steel one. I'm essentially out of the keyboard hobby. Toxic Ooze (I think) and an MX gold ($125 originally).
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50942.0

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #7428 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 10:40:22 »
What are these worth? The last two of my BBv2 I'm letting go. Only keeping my steel one. I'm essentially out of the keyboard hobby. Toxic Ooze (I think) and an MX gold ($125 originally).

Show Image

Show Image

Toxic Ooze could probably grab $150-200 to the right person and the Gold should easily get $500+

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #7429 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 16:01:59 »

Show Image

Show Image

Toxic Ooze could probably grab $150-200 to the right person and the Gold should easily get $500+

I've personally never seen the Gold get that much, but there's a good chance I've missed some public sales of it or that you have info about private ones. Even though the Gold was $125 on sale, it was made-to-order so there were quite a few more made than with other earlier colorways.

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #7430 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 14:35:15 »

Show Image

Show Image

I've personally never seen the Gold get that much, but there's a good chance I've missed some public sales of it or that you have info about private ones. Even though the Gold was $125 on sale, it was made-to-order so there were quite a few more made than with other earlier colorways.
Thanks for the info. I was just about to ask about this cap.

Offline hking0036

« Reply #7431 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 16:28:14 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 March 2017, 13:32:23 by hking0036 »
Realforce RF87UB 45g Uniform | Leopold FC660C w/ TMK | IBM Model M - 3/24/1997 | IBM Model F 122 - 11/25/1985 ANSI'd w/ TMK | IBM Model F XT in a box

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #7432 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 02:26:51 »
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Thanks for the reply, I couldn't sell the cap since I had promised the JK guys it would not be re-sold for profit. I ended up trading it to a JK collector through r/mechmarket who seems to be someone who would truly love the cap & hopefully not resell it. I vetted him thoroughly about that so I'm pretty confident it will remain in his collection. I got a Tada68 with Gat clears & few other items in return. Probably could've gotten more for it if I had shopped it around but I'm happy with what I got for it & it went to someone who is a big collector of JKs so I can't complain.

It was really nice having such a rare cap but I honestly wouldn't have used it much since it is very non functional & I use 60% & 65% keebs exclusively. Also I am really starting to get away from collecting artisans. I find building/modding/collecting mech KBs themselves to be more up my alley, especially since I finally got proper soldering equipment & a couple projects under my belt now.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 March 2017, 02:32:31 by Rob27shred »

Offline Chronnoisseur

« Reply #7433 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 04:03:15 »
Noxious v2 is $250-300.

PC on mx scotopic clack skull? 

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #7434 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 09:30:42 »
Noxious v2 is $250-300.

PC on mx scotopic clack skull?

I'd say noxious is on the lower end of the spectrum if not a bit under $250

You wanna use the clack valuation thread for clack prices.

Offline Philister

« Reply #7435 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 09:36:58 »
*NIB* HP C1405B membrane keyboard - very beautiful with red / green legends and interesting cap shapes but rather mushy keyfeel.

Thanks!

163305-0
163307-1

Offline Redeemd

« Reply #7436 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 15:31:27 »
I traded up like 4 times to eventually get my end game sculpt which is a Otter. Now that I just won one, I'm only interested in keeping one. The one I'm thinking of getting rid of is a King Midas Otter. Anyone got a PC on that?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #7437 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 15:37:36 »
I traded up like 4 times to eventually get my end game sculpt which is a Otter. Now that I just won one, I'm only interested in keeping one. The one I'm thinking of getting rid of is a King Midas Otter. Anyone got a PC on that?

$70

Offline Redeemd

« Reply #7438 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 15:41:25 »

$70
That would be really unfortunate if I traded 200+ worth of caps for something that's worth only 70 huh?

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #7439 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 15:46:41 »

$70
That would be really unfortunate if I traded 200+ worth of caps for something that's worth only 70 huh?

Binge likes his caps sold at what they originally cost in the sale, so I gave you that price. If you want to recoup cost, sell it for what you need to break even.

Offline Redeemd

« Reply #7440 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 15:51:24 »

$70

Binge likes his caps sold at what they originally cost in the sale, so I gave you that price. If you want to recoup cost, sell it for what you need to break even.
So i will probably try to trade it for something like a keyset and sell that then instead to recoup.. Thanks.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #7441 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 16:00:43 »
*NIB* HP C1405B membrane keyboard - very beautiful with red / green legends and interesting cap shapes but rather mushy keyfeel.

Thanks!

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

if the caps are compatible with something good, then $50-75

if not, like $20
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Netdewt

• OLKB
« Reply #7442 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 22:02:33 »
I'm out of the loop so please help me out. What are 30 Cherry Browns plate mount worth here?

Offline bdtbinh

• In Geek I trust
« Reply #7443 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 04:56:46 »
Please help me with price of these kit:
1. GMK Hyperfuse, used, good condition
2. GMK Purple Mod, used, like new condition
3. GMK CMYK, used, good condition

Offline Philister

« Reply #7444 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 11:40:14 »
if the caps are compatible with something good, then $50-75

if not, like $20

Rather disappointing, but thanks for lending your expertise.

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #7445 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 09:41:10 »
How much would my R1 grey aluminum Tada68 be? Gateron clears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline trexous

• ~.~
« Reply #7446 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 22:02:49 »
How much would a jane ce be worth? Looking to pick one up

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Offline PharaoRamsesII

« Reply #7447 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 04:58:02 »
What is a G80-1501 HAD and G80-3001 HAD worth? (with the doubleshot keycaps - both mint condition)

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #7448 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 08:57:03 »
What is a G80-1501 HAD and G80-3001 HAD worth? (with the doubleshot keycaps - both mint condition)

I 'm not expert about German layout. But I think it's around 100$ or below.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7449 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 17:23:27 »
His much is a corsair strafe worth with no switches?