Author Topic: Price Check- What's it Worth?  (Read 615345 times)

Offline Wingklip

• I am the one the one the one the one the one
Re: Price Check- What's it Worth?
« Reply #7400 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 16:55:08 »
Price check: alps clicky blues/heavy blues/locking creams
NEC PC 8801
Alps black pioneer apple 2 keyboard and some other similar one for apple 2162989-0
If you 1v1 me in a cage fight I will use an AK-74 for ranged and an IBM model F 122 for melee

Offline BSmith333

« Reply #7401 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 18:53:28 »
What would a Juicy Furt reborn go for? I don't think I've seen one for sale yet.

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #7402 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 10:01:22 »
What are these worth? The last two of my BBv2 I'm letting go. Only keeping my steel one. I'm essentially out of the keyboard hobby. Toxic Ooze (I think) and an MX gold ($125 originally).
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50942.0

Code 104 (MX Clear w/IMTSO PBT) | Ducky Shine III YOTS (MX Blue) | Code TKL (MX Green w/ IMTSO PBT) | GON Kittypad

Stand up! -->https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57987.msg1688881#msg1688881

Get a Greyhound! --> https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45894.msg1021030#msg1021030

My Artisan WTT/WTS thread --> https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=59814.0

Online iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Elevated Elder
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #7403 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 10:40:22 »
What are these worth? The last two of my BBv2 I'm letting go. Only keeping my steel one. I'm essentially out of the keyboard hobby. Toxic Ooze (I think) and an MX gold ($125 originally).

Show Image

Show Image

Toxic Ooze could probably grab $150-200 to the right person and the Gold should easily get $500+

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Cherry Pheasant
« Reply #7404 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 16:01:59 »

Show Image

Show Image

Toxic Ooze could probably grab $150-200 to the right person and the Gold should easily get $500+

I've personally never seen the Gold get that much, but there's a good chance I've missed some public sales of it or that you have info about private ones. Even though the Gold was $125 on sale, it was made-to-order so there were quite a few more made than with other earlier colorways.

Online Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #7405 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 14:35:15 »

Show Image

Show Image

I've personally never seen the Gold get that much, but there's a good chance I've missed some public sales of it or that you have info about private ones. Even though the Gold was $125 on sale, it was made-to-order so there were quite a few more made than with other earlier colorways.
Thanks for the info. I was just about to ask about this cap.

Offline hking0036

« Reply #7406 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 16:28:14 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 March 2017, 13:32:23 by hking0036 »

Offline Rob27shred

• I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #7407 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 02:26:51 »
What would you guys value the Kindred cap I won from JellyKey at?
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Afaik there were only 5 of these ever made & I am the only person outside of Joiha that has one. I have to be clear about this here, I am interested in a valuation of this cap because I'm thinking of possibly putting it up for trade. If I do go through with it, it will be only for trade as the guys at Johia asked that I do not resell the cap & I would like to respect their wishes.

It honestly has me torn because it is pretty awesome being the owner of such a rare cap, but the cap has just sat inside of it's container since I got it for the most part. I'm thinking I would rather trade it someone who would actually use the cap on one of their KBs for something I've been looking for, rather than just keep it hidden here with me. I'm still fairly new to the mech KB scene & have become much more interested in making & collecting custom KBs than artisan caps, so I figured I may be able to find a trade that would be worthwhile to me for it. Although before I go posting this for trade I would like to get a decent ideal of what the community values such a cap at. Thanks ahead of time for the input guys! :thumb:

One offs are impossible to price, as there is no precedent for them. Even from vendors that have multiple one offs like Jelly, not all of them have gone up for sale and not all of them are desired the same.

I would just put up a sale thread, set an end time, and say that any offers for it must also show the keeb it would be used on. If someone can't convince you they truly love the cap, you don't have to sell to them.

Thanks for the reply, I couldn't sell the cap since I had promised the JK guys it would not be re-sold for profit. I ended up trading it to a JK collector through r/mechmarket who seems to be someone who would truly love the cap & hopefully not resell it. I vetted him thoroughly about that so I'm pretty confident it will remain in his collection. I got a Tada68 with Gat clears & few other items in return. Probably could've gotten more for it if I had shopped it around but I'm happy with what I got for it & it went to someone who is a big collector of JKs so I can't complain.

It was really nice having such a rare cap but I honestly wouldn't have used it much since it is very non functional & I use 60% & 65% keebs exclusively. Also I am really starting to get away from collecting artisans. I find building/modding/collecting mech KBs themselves to be more up my alley, especially since I finally got proper soldering equipment & a couple projects under my belt now.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 March 2017, 02:32:31 by Rob27shred »
Sentraq S60-X RGB custom, Cherry Black with 80g gold springs / Leopold FC660M, Cherry Black / Tada68, Gateron Clear / Vortex Pok3r, Cherry Clear / KBP V60, Gateron Green / XMIT 60%, Hall Effect 70g/ MK Disco, KBT Brown / Logitech diNovo Edge, Perfectstroke scissor switches (aka really nice rubber domes)

Offline Chronnoisseur

« Reply #7408 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 04:03:15 »
Noxious v2 is $250-300.

PC on mx scotopic clack skull? 

Online iamtootallforthis

• * Elevated Elder
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #7409 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 09:30:42 »
Noxious v2 is $250-300.

PC on mx scotopic clack skull?

I'd say noxious is on the lower end of the spectrum if not a bit under $250

You wanna use the clack valuation thread for clack prices.

Online Philister

« Reply #7410 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 09:36:58 »
*NIB* HP C1405B membrane keyboard - very beautiful with red / green legends and interesting cap shapes but rather mushy keyfeel.

Thanks!

163305-0
163307-1

Offline Redeemd

« Reply #7411 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 15:31:27 »
I traded up like 4 times to eventually get my end game sculpt which is a Otter. Now that I just won one, I'm only interested in keeping one. The one I'm thinking of getting rid of is a King Midas Otter. Anyone got a PC on that?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Online iamtootallforthis

• * Elevated Elder
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #7412 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 15:37:36 »
I traded up like 4 times to eventually get my end game sculpt which is a Otter. Now that I just won one, I'm only interested in keeping one. The one I'm thinking of getting rid of is a King Midas Otter. Anyone got a PC on that?

$70

Offline Redeemd

« Reply #7413 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 15:41:25 »

$70
That would be really unfortunate if I traded 200+ worth of caps for something that's worth only 70 huh?

Online iamtootallforthis

• * Elevated Elder
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #7414 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 15:46:41 »

$70
That would be really unfortunate if I traded 200+ worth of caps for something that's worth only 70 huh?

Binge likes his caps sold at what they originally cost in the sale, so I gave you that price. If you want to recoup cost, sell it for what you need to break even.

Offline Redeemd

« Reply #7415 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 15:51:24 »

$70

Binge likes his caps sold at what they originally cost in the sale, so I gave you that price. If you want to recoup cost, sell it for what you need to break even.
So i will probably try to trade it for something like a keyset and sell that then instead to recoup.. Thanks.

Online Puddsy

• Formerly TacticalStache
  • * Exalted Elder
  • "dude you're just like a john green character"
« Reply #7416 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 16:00:43 »
*NIB* HP C1405B membrane keyboard - very beautiful with red / green legends and interesting cap shapes but rather mushy keyfeel.

Thanks!

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

if the caps are compatible with something good, then $50-75

if not, like $20
QFR (62g blacks) | MJ2 TKL | MJ2 Camo TKL | Realforce 87U 40g uniform (modded, stop PMing me about this) | DK1087XM (weird fake green ALPS) | KUL ES-87 | LZ-CE (click this for build thread)

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Add me on Steam | Add me on Battle.net: Puddsy#1914

Offline Netdewt

« Reply #7417 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 22:02:33 »
I'm out of the loop so please help me out. What are 30 Cherry Browns plate mount worth here?

Offline bdtbinh

• In Geek I trust
« Reply #7418 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 04:56:46 »
Please help me with price of these kit:
1. GMK Hyperfuse, used, good condition
2. GMK Purple Mod, used, like new condition
3. GMK CMYK, used, good condition

Online Philister

« Reply #7419 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 11:40:14 »
if the caps are compatible with something good, then $50-75

if not, like $20

Rather disappointing, but thanks for lending your expertise.

Offline Kafka

« Reply #7420 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 09:41:10 »
How much would my R1 grey aluminum Tada68 be? Gateron clears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline trexous

• ~.~
« Reply #7421 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 22:02:49 »
How much would a jane ce be worth? Looking to pick one up

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Offline PharaoRamsesII

« Reply #7422 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 04:58:02 »
What is a G80-1501 HAD and G80-3001 HAD worth? (with the doubleshot keycaps - both mint condition)

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Enthusiast
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #7423 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 08:57:03 »
What is a G80-1501 HAD and G80-3001 HAD worth? (with the doubleshot keycaps - both mint condition)

I 'm not expert about German layout. But I think it's around 100$ or below.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Exalted Elder
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7424 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 17:23:27 »
His much is a corsair strafe worth with no switches?

Offline Fii

« Reply #7425 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 18:21:37 »
I have an open but unused GMK 3Run + Standard extras kit (put on keyboard, but then decided to sell that keyboard so took it back off). I've only seen like 2 or 3 listings for 3Run around so far, and I'm not sure how much opening the kit devalued it. What could I list it for?

Offline Wingklip

• I am the one the one the one the one the one
« Reply #7426 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 23:55:59 »
163645-0

Topre ML0100 IBM Model M layout variforce?
I heard it was from 2003 and quite rare being the first series ever made by topre
If you 1v1 me in a cage fight I will use an AK-74 for ranged and an IBM model F 122 for melee

Online romevi

• Crash Man
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #7427 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 12:01:26 »
(Attachment Link)

I heard it was from 2003 and quite rare being the first series ever made by topre

Dude, you gotta fix your monitor or camera. Like,

c'mon.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Exalted Elder
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7428 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 12:05:24 »
(Attachment Link)

I think it's worth ~$95 and the left shift looks a little crooked.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #7429 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 13:31:48 »
(Attachment Link)

Dude, you gotta fix your monitor or camera. Like,

c'mon.
Hard pink Topre: Awesome.

White balance so bad it looks pink... Not so much.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline _Tobias

« Reply #7430 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 16:20:40 »
I bought a dead CM Storm Novatouch TKL with Topre switches from another geekhack member. I believe the microcontroller or another chip is defective. I've tested the basic stuff: no broken wires, voltage all across the board, no loose components or dried soldering. I've tried starting it in BSL mode, but no luck there. I've tried connecting it to my Linux Mint desktop and Windows laptop, both through a hub and directly. The device simply does not show up. The microcontroller heats up though. TL;DR not a trivial problem. It has original caps on it.

I would like to try to rewire the keys using a Teensy, however, before I attempt this, I'd also like to know what I could get for the keyboard if it were functional AND programmable. There is quite some information available on this keyboard: http://vekkt0r.github.io/articles/novatouch-tkl-reverse-engineering-part-1/ Writing or modifying software shouldn't be an issue since I'm quite familiar with programming.

So my questions are:
- How much could I still get for the keyboard in this state?
- How much could I get for it if it were functional and programmable?

Thank you in advance!

Online cribbit

« Reply #7431 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 19:36:01 »
I bought a dead CM Storm Novatouch TKL with Topre switches from another geekhack member. I believe the microcontroller or another chip is defective. I've tested the basic stuff: no broken wires, voltage all across the board, no loose components or dried soldering. I've tried starting it in BSL mode, but no luck there. I've tried connecting it to my Linux Mint desktop and Windows laptop, both through a hub and directly. The device simply does not show up. The microcontroller heats up though. TL;DR not a trivial problem. It has original caps on it.

I would like to try to rewire the keys using a Teensy, however, before I attempt this, I'd also like to know what I could get for the keyboard if it were functional AND programmable. There is quite some information available on this keyboard: http://vekkt0r.github.io/articles/novatouch-tkl-reverse-engineering-part-1/ Writing or modifying software shouldn't be an issue since I'm quite familiar with programming.

So my questions are:

Thank you in advance!

If you do this do it for the fun and experience, don't expect to make any money. You're not going to be able to get more than retail price and will spend a ton of time on it.

The value of it as-is will be just about 30% less than the price of selling the switches in it on their own, desoldered. Shipping cost eats into this greatly, especially being a TKL and thus fewer switches.

Programming the teensy won't be your issue, getting the wiring working will be. You'll need to figure out how the PCB routes the rows and col and then figure out a way to intercept these paths to wire to your teensy instead. Fun as a project, but it'll be a lot of work. There's also no guarantee it will work. If this fails the only way to get it working will be to desolder the PCB and either put your own on or handwire it. Extensive use of a multimeter to verify the integrity of the PCB is going to be required.

In terms of creating a working board, you'll find it more time efficient to mow lawns, buy a plate, switches, PCB and case and build one from scratch.
I typed this post on my Slanck. I also developed a stronger, cleaner, easier handwiring method.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Exalted Elder
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7432 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 21:19:31 »

So my questions are:

Thank you in advance!

If you do this do it for the fun and experience, don't expect to make any money. You're not going to be able to get more than retail price and will spend a ton of time on it.

The value of it as-is will be just about 30% less than the price of selling the switches in it on their own, desoldered. Shipping cost eats into this greatly, especially being a TKL and thus fewer switches.

Programming the teensy won't be your issue, getting the wiring working will be. You'll need to figure out how the PCB routes the rows and col and then figure out a way to intercept these paths to wire to your teensy instead. Fun as a project, but it'll be a lot of work. There's also no guarantee it will work. If this fails the only way to get it working will be to desolder the PCB and either put your own on or handwire it. Extensive use of a multimeter to verify the integrity of the PCB is going to be required.

In terms of creating a working board, you'll find it more time efficient to mow lawns, buy a plate, switches, PCB and case and build one from scratch.

The novatouch is a topre board so no desoldering just disassembly to part it out and the topre mechanism is more a sandwiched assembly and not a discrete switch like mx.

That being said some people might still be interested in buying just the MX compatible topre stems. Not sure what they go for price wise though.

Online Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #7433 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 00:53:40 »
Three Kings Brobot?

Offline foxtrott

« Reply #7434 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 14:36:39 »
very good conditions; very heavy; but NO working cable  :blank:

What is this Triumph Adler worth?

« Last Edit: Thu, 23 March 2017, 14:38:36 by foxtrott »

Offline alienman82

• 안젤로 루체티
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7435 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 14:50:37 »
never even seen that one before ^-^

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #7436 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 17:19:20 »
Price check on my Filco Zero pretty please? Some shine on keys with the manufacturer seal intact

« Last Edit: Thu, 23 March 2017, 17:21:26 by Venatorious »

Offline ghostdeini

« Reply #7437 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 17:44:51 »
Duck Pie Skullthulu anyone? I like the color, but do I have <0% chance of hunting one down?
| Instagram |

Online iamtootallforthis

• * Elevated Elder
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #7438 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 18:18:05 »
Duck Pie Skullthulu anyone? I like the color, but do I have <0% chance of hunting one down?

I believe there is only one or two of them.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Elevated Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #7439 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 18:22:52 »
Price check on slightly used blue lettered Realforce 104 set they used to sell on EK years ago. Are people still looking for these?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Exalted Elder
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7440 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 18:27:55 »
Price check on slightly used blue lettered Realforce 104 set they used to sell on EK years ago. Are people still looking for these?
At least $100 maybe more, topre sets are hard to come by.

Offline ghostdeini

« Reply #7441 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 19:01:23 »

Ah thank you, I'd heard this but wanted to know if it was really that low. I'll cross my fingers that it winds its way across my desk in its great journey through the cosmos.
| Instagram |

Online KnivesM

« Reply #7442 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 20:19:30 »

Just the Skullthulus though as they're usually the pretty limited right?
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M                    TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, TGR-Tris Coming Soon™, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Online iamtootallforthis

• * Elevated Elder
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #7443 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 20:21:37 »

All caps in that colorway are 1 or 2 of IIRC

Online KnivesM

« Reply #7444 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 20:24:33 »

Cool, didn't know that colorway was that rare.
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M                    TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, TGR-Tris Coming Soon™, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Online iamtootallforthis

• * Elevated Elder
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #7445 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 20:25:37 »

Cool, didn't know that colorway was that rare.

Yep it was really limited.

Offline zooksman

« Reply #7446 on: Sat, 25 March 2017, 01:38:26 »
Looking for a price check on a silver logo 88 Model M (1390131). I haven't opened it up to check for any broken rivets, but otherwise everything is in good condition, except a few scratches on the housing. It hasn't been cleaned yet, though :P Also, is it plausible that someone would trade this for a Model F PC/AT (or even the terminal one)? I'd like to try the capacitive buckling springs, and the 2KRO on this one gets to me sometimes.

Offline Serendipity

• Formerly Meiosis
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Cherophobia
« Reply #7447 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 21:28:05 »
DKSaver with Green Alps?
lf miracle

Online ArchDill

• HHKB Layout Master Race
« Reply #7448 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 22:34:01 »
FMJ case with Poker inserts?

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #7449 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 07:07:29 »
I dont recall what I paid for it, it wasn't with the original group buy.

GirlDC gold punisher

Code 104 (MX Clear w/IMTSO PBT) | Ducky Shine III YOTS (MX Blue) | Code TKL (MX Green w/ IMTSO PBT) | GON Kittypad

Stand up! -->https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57987.msg1688881#msg1688881

Get a Greyhound! --> https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45894.msg1021030#msg1021030

My Artisan WTT/WTS thread --> https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=59814.0