Author Topic: Battle Of The Esc Keys  (Read 9106 times)

Offline wellington1869

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« on: Fri, 19 June 2009, 00:44:53 »
Well, it's time to devote a WHOLE post to the ESC key

its about freakin time, I say!

sweet pics btw.

My favorite has to be the topre's red escape key.  Filco's is nice but I'd rather have my escape key say 'esc' than a brand name I guess.

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline wellington1869

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 19 June 2009, 00:53:52 »
From top to bottom, and left to right, they're basically arranged in the order in which they would get 'beat up' if they could 'battle' each other.

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

Offline wellington1869

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 19 June 2009, 01:08:22 »

let the battle begin!

Offline wellington1869

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 19 June 2009, 01:29:39 »
Quote from: ripster;97563
My Dad drives a Hyundai - kinda looks like his old Buick.  When my son rented one in a trip we nicknamed our Sonata the "Snota".

lols

Boy Welly, you're all set to learn PhotoShop for real now!!

photoshop, shmotoshop.

Offline xsphat

• Enlightened
    • Dan Newman, Writer
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 19 June 2009, 02:51:57 »
I have to say I have bias since I only own one real keyboard. It does in fact have red Esc key, and thankfully it just took the win.

Offline ironcoder

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 19 June 2009, 03:00:20 »
Most Excellent thread. But no blue Esc keys?
In the office: Filco 87 Cherry Browns x 2 (one with coffee damage, recovered) ● Lexmark IBM Model M 52G9658 1993 & 1996

Offline Ulysses31

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 19 June 2009, 07:11:26 »
I'm surprised at how flimsy those Filco keys look.  Cherry G80 keyboards have thicker keys.  The Filcos look more like the ones off my Cherry rubber dome model.  Do they flex when pinched?

Offline jrib

• http://www.jrib.net
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 19 June 2009, 08:12:24 »
I have capslock as my escape key, I bet it could take those guys on

Offline itlnstln

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 19 June 2009, 08:26:04 »
The Filcos are appreciably thinner. The two piece cap is obviously the thickest. Now you would think that a heavier cap would indicate higher quality or a better key feel but it's probably not that simple.

One hypothesis is that you match the key mass to the switch. Majestouch said:

Quote:
I think the lightweight plastic used for FILCO keys compliment Cherry MX switches. Anything heavier would probably dull the tactility and fast action, but then I'm biased as always...
I think this is quite accurate.  This is also why I think the Cherry G80-3000 has a better key feel than even the Filco.  The caps on the Cherry feel lighter than those on the Filco and, thus transmitting the tactility of the switch better than heavier key caps.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 19 June 2009, 09:23:06 »
Another is the observation that MOST people can't tell the difference between a two piece IBM cap and a one piece. That would imply this is all idle speculation. I actually tend to lean to this hypothesis.

There definitely is a difference between the two, the two-piece keycap seems to "dampen" (can't think of a better word for it) some of the feeling of the mechanism. If you try a two-piece keycap on a keyboard you usually use with a one piece cap and vice versa, you'd see the difference.

Which is better? I compared my Model F versus a Model M I got a loan of. The single piece caps feel better on the F (it feels horrible to type on otherwise) and the double-piece suit the M (you get better tactility from the single piece key caps, but the double-piece ones seem to absorb some of the force or something, makes it less tiring to type on)
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 June 2009, 09:26:55 by ch_123 »

Offline itlnstln

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 19 June 2009, 10:14:17 »
IBM and Topre use a dye impregnation process.  It is extremely durable since it basically colors the key.  From your picture above, it looks like Costar did a standard silkscreen for the Das which is probably why people have been reporting that their lettering has faded.  I am not sure what process is used on the Filcos.  Chloe had mentioned something awhile back about laser printing/etching or a different method of silkscreening that is more durable.

Offline wellington1869

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 19 June 2009, 10:50:46 »
Quote from: ch_123;97596
There definitely is a difference between the two, the two-piece keycap seems to "dampen" (can't think of a better word for it) some of the feeling of the mechanism. If you try a two-piece keycap on a keyboard you usually use with a one piece cap and vice versa, you'd see the difference.

Which is better? I compared my Model F versus a Model M I got a loan of. The single piece caps feel better on the F (it feels horrible to type on otherwise) and the double-piece suit the M (you get better tactility from the single piece key caps, but the double-piece ones seem to absorb some of the force or something, makes it less tiring to type on)

this is interesting ch_123 - I think you're right that the main difference between them may be in how much tactility you feel. (as opposed to -- I've always compared them in terms of the difference in sound they make.)

Offline itlnstln

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 19 June 2009, 13:55:40 »
Majestouch just sent me a red Filco key for my 'board. It really looks great. Now that I see it in person, I think I might like the bright, candy red button over the blood red for the simple fact that it looks more like an emergency button. The color of the Topre buttont is nicer, but I like the "panic" feel of the Filco.

Offline itlnstln

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 19 June 2009, 14:46:47 »
Quote from: ripster;97681
I'm gonna be a troll and disagree.

Filco sounds like a gas station.

I'll call your troll and raise you a peacemaker: To Each His Own.

Yes, Filco does sound like a gas station.

Offline itlnstln

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 19 June 2009, 15:29:45 »
Quote from: ripster;97719
Show Image

I'd post a better pic of him but I don't think there is one.

F'Sho'.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 19 June 2009, 15:55:53 »
Quote from: webwit;97730
The pinacle of this type of music was Rick Ashley of course.

Damn you, now I have that ----ing song stuck in my head...

Offline jelly

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 20 June 2009, 00:24:18 »
nice review too bad my filco doesnt come with a red esc key ):

Offline jelly

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 20 June 2009, 01:01:58 »
cant.

nw im trying to find red esc key for my filco and blank keys ):

Offline wheel83

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 20 June 2009, 01:05:47 »
I <3 BS

Offline megarat

• (Not My Real Name)
    • http://www.megarat.com
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 20 June 2009, 18:41:28 »
This is quite petty, but I was annoyed when I found the red "FILCO" key included with my Filco Zero tenkeyless.

Because ...

... I wanted to install it on the keyboard.

But ...

... the key is for cherry switches, and the keyboard has grandson-of-Alps switches.

Grrr ...

So it's basically useless.  I even tried to use it to replace the Esc. key on my Filco numeric keypad (with brown cherries), but it's the wrong form-factor and looks out of place, like a crooked tooth.

Thanks for getting my hopes up, Filco.  Sheesh.

(So if anyone wants a red Filco key, I have two up for grabs.)

Home/Work:  Custom Filco FKBN87Z/EB and SGI 041-0136-001 chimera (original white ALPS, not simplified, rubber-dampened)
Gaming:  Wolfking Warrior with custom-colored layout, HHKB Lite 2 (Rubber dome)

Offline bigpook

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 20 June 2009, 18:44:49 »
too bad about the escape key but am looking forward to your thoughts on the Zero tenless.

First impressions?
HHKB Pro 2 : Unicomp Spacesaver : IBM Model M : DasIII    

Offline wellington1869

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 20 June 2009, 18:48:31 »
Quote from: megarat;97973
This is quite petty, but I was annoyed when I found the red "FILCO" key included with my Filco Zero tenkeyless.

Because ...

But ...

... the key is for cherry switches, and the keyboard has grandson-of-Alps switches.

Grrr ...

So it's basically useless.  I even tried to use it to replace the Esc. key on my Filco numeric keypad (with brown cherries), but it's the wrong form-factor and looks out of place, like a crooked tooth.

wow, thats really a tragedy!  Its like they're dangling the red esc in front of you and yanking it away. Bastards. :)

Offline majestouch

• * Commercial Vendor
    • http:///elitekeyboards.com
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 20 June 2009, 19:00:08 »
Quote from: megarat;97973

Because ...

But ...

Grrr ...

Hi Megarat,

I'm very sorry about the red Esc key, that shouldn't have been included with the Zero! If we ever are able to get Red Esc keys for the XM switches, you'll be the first to get one!.

Offline vils

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 20 June 2009, 19:04:08 »
I could have use for one...
It\'s the glass pipe fallacy. You can only believe that if you\'re on crack.

Offline bigpook

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 20 June 2009, 19:40:51 »
Quote from: vils;97980
I could have use for one...

same here.
HHKB Pro 2 : Unicomp Spacesaver : IBM Model M : DasIII    

Offline IBI

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 20 June 2009, 20:56:24 »
Quote from: ripster;97983
Do you have pierced ears?

Alternatively, stick em together to make a ten sided die (or a two-sided one if it falls over).

I'm surprised we haven't had a dice discussion on the forum yet, as they're so similar to keycaps and we've no shortage of geeks and creative people it seems like the subject should have come up before.
Owned: Raptor-Gaming K1 (linear MX)(Broken), IBM Model M UK, Dell AT102W, Left-handed keyboard with Type 1 Simplified Alps.

Offline jelly

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 21 June 2009, 11:26:11 »
a red esc key is always nice ):

ripster: read ur pm want to get both of it from u (:

Offline megarat

• (Not My Real Name)
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 21 June 2009, 23:41:37 »
Quote from: majestouch;97979
Hi Megarat,

I'm very sorry about the red Esc key, that shouldn't have been included with the Zero! If we ever are able to get Red Esc keys for the XM switches, you'll be the first to get one!.

Nice, thanks!

If anyone is seriously interested in these red Filco cherry key caps that seem to sub for escape keys, PM me.  Free w/shipping, basically.  Heck, you don't even need to pay shipping if I can send them with a first class stamp.

Home/Work:  Custom Filco FKBN87Z/EB and SGI 041-0136-001 chimera (original white ALPS, not simplified, rubber-dampened)

Offline watduzhkstand4

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 22 June 2009, 07:36:26 »
This is all that I'm waiting for,

1. Red esc key for Cherry
2. Blank purple keys for WASD for Cherry
3. Blank keys for Cherry.

I'm waiting for that e-mail newsletter Majestouch! =P
KEYBOARDS
Cherry Blue *Filco Tenkeyless w/ blank keys* w/ red ESC key thanks to Megarat
Cherry Red Noppoo Choc Mini
IBM Model M 1391401 12/15/88
Siig Minitouch w/ White Alps

SOLD
HHKB Pro 2 white w/ blank keys red ESC key and blank WASD keys
HHKB L-2
Cherry Brown Compaq mx11800
Dell AT101W
Cherry Red Leopold 104-key Otaku FC500RR/ABN

Offline cmr

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 22 June 2009, 18:40:10 »
mine's the best, it even matches geekhack

orange X%&#! key of unknown provenance on scorpius M10

Offline lowpoly

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 24 June 2009, 10:09:23 »
Size matters:

Miniguru thread at GH // The Apple M0110 Today

Offline cmr

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 25 June 2009, 17:44:38 »
is that from the symbolics board?

Offline lowpoly

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 26 June 2009, 07:25:39 »
Yes.

Offline cmr

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 03 August 2009, 16:47:05 »
yeah, the red escape key is by no means the thing of a particular brand

Offline Rajagra

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 03 August 2009, 17:01:06 »
May as well go the whole hog:

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 03 August 2009, 19:00:41 »
I would rather have a gray Esc key instead of the one I have with green handwritten lettering on the keystem.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline o2dazone

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #36 on: Mon, 03 August 2009, 21:33:58 »
Quote from: webwit;106671

lol

Offline rdjack21

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 04 August 2009, 22:50:11 »
I really like this dyed red escape key I got on the HHKB Pro I got from megarat.

It is a little darker than the one that comes with the 87U.
Keyboards
Topre Capacitive: Realforce 87U, Realforce 86U, HHKB Pro 2, Topre MD01B0, Topre HE0100, Sun Short Type, OEM NEO CS (x2), NISSHO Electronics KB106DE
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M Space Saver (1291472), Unicomp Customizer x 2
Cherry Brown: Filco FKBN87M/EB, Compaq MX11800
Black Alps: ABS M1
Not so great boards Rare Spring over dome OKI, Sun rack keyboard

Trackballs - Trackman Wheel (3), Trackman marble (2)
Keyboards I still want to get - Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 the White version, Realforce 23U number pad in black and maybe white, μTRON ergo board with Topre switches.
Previously owned - [size=0]SiiG MiniTouch (White Alps), Scorpius M10 (Blue Cherry), IBM Model M13[/size]

Offline timw4mail

• https://timshomepage.net
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 05 August 2009, 06:33:15 »
Three Cherry, 1 ALPS, and 2 BS Red Escape keys...that's what I don't have...where could I get them, though?
Buckling Springs IBM Model F AT, New Model F 77, Unicomp New Model M
Clicky iOne Scorpius M10, OCN-branded Ducky DK-9008-C, Blackmore Nocturna, Redragon Kumara K552-1, Qtronix Scorpius Keypad, Chicony KB-5181(Monterey)
Tactile Apple AEKII (Cream damped ALPS), Filco FKBN91M/JB (Japanese Tenkeyless), Cherry G84-5200, Cherry G84-4100LPAUS, Datalux Spacesaver(Cherry ML), Redragon Devarajas K556 RGB, Newmen GM711, Poker II (Cherry MX Clear), Logitech G910 Orion Spark, Logitech K840
Linear Lenovo Y (Gateron Red), Aluminum kiosk keyboard (Cherry MX Black)

Offline itlnstln

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 05 August 2009, 08:04:35 »
Quote from: timw4mail;107089
Three Cherry, 1 ALPS, and 2 BS Red Escape keys...that's what I don't have...where could I get them, though?

Majestouch can probably help you out on the red Cherry caps, but they might be Filco-branded.  The other two you might have to dye.  There are also caps similar to the second piece on the IBM keycaps that just fit over your existinsg key that you could also use on the Alps and BS.

Offline itlnstln

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 05 August 2009, 09:12:59 »
Let me look for them.  I had a link in the Modifications forum at one time, but I'll be d*mned if I know where it is.

Offline itlnstln

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 05 August 2009, 09:20:44 »
Quote from: ripster;107126
I've only seen those cheapo stick ons - where have you seen these? I just checked Hooleon and Fentek - only custom runs.

You know what, that was it.  I remember I was looking for a "Panic" button.  I think bhtooefr has one that was a Cherry replacement key, or something, and I went to search Google to fime something similar.  The ones I had originally found were adhesive (not stickers like Hooleon's, though).  Nevermind.

iFail.

Offline itlnstln

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 05 August 2009, 10:02:06 »
Quote from: ripster;107137
NP. Just making sure when I corner the market for Red Esc keys I don't have any competition.

So far, your only competition is majestouch, but he doesn't sell them... yet.  As soon as he does, I am buying one for my Cherry 'board.

Offline rdjack21

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 05 August 2009, 10:05:03 »
Quote from: ripster;107137
NP.  Just making sure when I corner the market for Red Esc keys I don't have any competition.
The only problem is that as soon as you corner the market someone will break out the dye and starting making some.

I do have to say that the Red Esc keys do look nice on a black board. Not so sure if I like them on white boards though.
Keyboards
Topre Capacitive: Realforce 87U, Realforce 86U, HHKB Pro 2, Topre MD01B0, Topre HE0100, Sun Short Type, OEM NEO CS (x2), NISSHO Electronics KB106DE

Keyboards I still want to get - Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 the White version, Realforce 23U number pad in black and maybe white, μTRON ergo board with Topre switches.
Previously owned - [size=0]SiiG MiniTouch (White Alps), Scorpius M10 (Blue Cherry), IBM Model M13[/size]

Offline timw4mail

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 05 August 2009, 10:11:49 »
Quote from: rdjack21;107150
The only problem is that as soon as you corner the market someone will break out the dye and starting making some.

I do have to say that the Red Esc keys do look nice on a black board. Not so sure if I like them on white boards though.

I don't know of many actually white keyboards...but it is true that it might look a little more strange with the beige.

It doesn't look too bad on that picture of the M Ripser posted earlier, though.
Clicky iOne Scorpius M10, OCN-branded Ducky DK-9008-C, Blackmore Nocturna, Redragon Kumara K552-1, Qtronix Scorpius Keypad, Chicony KB-5181(Monterey)
Tactile Apple AEKII (Cream damped ALPS), Filco FKBN91M/JB (Japanese Tenkeyless), Cherry G84-5200, Cherry G84-4100LPAUS, Datalux Spacesaver(Cherry ML), Redragon Devarajas K556 RGB, Newmen GM711, Poker II (Cherry MX Clear), Logitech G910 Orion Spark, Logitech K840

Offline rdjack21

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 05 August 2009, 12:33:38 »
Quote from: ripster;107182
I think it looks great!

Show Image

Unfortunately Topre and Filco have a different profile so it's not as easy as modding a key to fit on a key stem.  Also, I only have Unicomp Grey keys and I bet those would be tuff to Rit dye.  Megarat sure got close though with the Topre's.

On that board it does look good. But then again you also replaced all the other keys with black ones. If those other keys had been the original color I'm not so sure it would look as good.
Keyboards

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
    • John Savard's Home Page
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #46 on: Sun, 09 August 2009, 16:37:21 »
I saw this topic discussed in the section on keyboard pictures. (I really must take pictures of my keyboards; I'm scared, though, that they might be used to defraud people on eBay.)

The ATTN key on a 2741 was not red, and IBM usually didn't go in for colorful keys, so most 3277 and 3278 display stations didn't do that either as far as I know. But I have seen ASR 33 and ASR 35 Teletypes with a red Break key.

Since the red key is used to interrupt a running program, I would think you would want a red Pause/Break key on a PC keyboard, not a red Esc key.

Of course, I do have some pretty strange ideas of the color scheme I would like to see on a keyboard, as a drawing on my web site illustrates:

Since it's only a drawing and not a picture, I figure this is the better thread for it.
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 August 2009, 16:40:54 by quadibloc »

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #47 on: Sun, 09 August 2009, 17:17:38 »
Quote from: quadibloc;108483
Of course, I do have some pretty strange ideas of the color scheme I would like to see on a keyboard, as a drawing on my web site illustrates:

Show Image

Since it's only a drawing and not a picture, I figure this is the better thread for it.

Ah, so you're the man behind that mad keyboard layout site... You'd probably hate the Happy Hacking keyboard =P

Offline watduzhkstand4

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 10 August 2009, 01:00:19 »
in desperate needs of some purple WASD keys and a red ESC key for my HHKB! PM me if you have some!
KEYBOARDS
Cherry Blue *Filco Tenkeyless w/ blank keys* w/ red ESC key thanks to Megarat
Cherry Red Noppoo Choc Mini
IBM Model M 1391401 12/15/88
Siig Minitouch w/ White Alps

SOLD
HHKB Pro 2 white w/ blank keys red ESC key and blank WASD keys
HHKB L-2
Cherry Brown Compaq mx11800
Dell AT101W
Cherry Red Leopold 104-key Otaku FC500RR/ABN

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 12 August 2009, 21:40:33 »
I should note, though, that while I do have several keyboards, I don't have much that is all that impressive. While my first Model M was purchased new in an "Easy Options" box from an IBM Home Computing outlet, my other Model Ms, and most of my other keyboards, just came from thrift shops, although I did have a few lucky finds, and a few older items.

I do have a digital camera, and have made some initial attempts; when I get pictures that I'm ready to make a permanent part of my website, I will also link them here.

Quote from: ch_123;108490
You'd probably hate the Happy Hacking keyboard =P

I would have to admit that I'd be unlikely to choose the version with blank keycaps. And having to shift in order to use the backspace key does strike me as odd; why do pencils have erasers?
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 August 2009, 21:45:56 by quadibloc »

Offline rdjack21

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 12 August 2009, 22:21:27 »
Quote from: quadibloc;109328
I would have to admit that I'd be unlikely to choose the version with blank keycaps. And having to shift in order to use the backspace key does strike me as odd; why do pencils have erasers?

Well actually it has a dip switch where you can change that. You can either have Backspace or delete as the primary. I flipped that switch on mine because I use it more than the delete key.
Keyboards

Offline rdjack21

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 12 August 2009, 23:58:41 »
Quote from: ripster;109366
I use a kinda weird variation of the HHKB layout but it makes sense to me. \ becomes Backspace, BS becomes Delete.  That way I have easy access to both.   It corresponds to the HHKB layout when FCN key is used as a modifier.  The rest of the FCN Key HHKB layout is garbage to me because I want to use my right hand less not more so I shift it over to Raj's left handed WASD layout.

Show Image

I'm the opposite I use my left hand quite a bit (Alt/Control combo keys) in the code editors I use all day. So the right hand Fn key actually moves some of the work over to my right hand which helps balance things a little better. Even though it would be nice to have a Fn key on the other side of the board. I actually figure that is why they put the Fn key on the right to begin with. It is called the Happy Hacking Keyboard for a reason. It was orginally layed out for coders who heavily use Ctrl and Alt all the time. And to be honest the more I use it the more I like it. But I would swap Home/End with PgUp/PgDn mostly because I use them more and where they are at is a streach.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 August 2009, 00:00:54 by rdjack21 »
Keyboards

Offline megarat

• (Not My Real Name)
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 14 August 2009, 15:34:29 »
I just posted about this in the eBay finds forum, but here's another (presumably) unmodded, wild-type keyboard with a red escape key.

Here's the item photo, transplanted:

Offline cmr

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 14 August 2009, 17:09:27 »
Quote from: itlnstln;107130
You know what, that was it.  I remember I was looking for a "Panic" button.  I think bhtooefr has one that was a Cherry replacement key, or something, and I went to search Google to fime something similar.  The ones I had originally found were adhesive (not stickers like Hooleon's, though).  Nevermind.

iFail.

my 'X%&#!' key had an adhesive pad on the bottom, but when i peeled it away, behold, it was merely a cherry key cap.

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 14 August 2009, 20:44:55 »
Quote from: megarat;109774
another (presumably) unmodded, wild-type keyboard with a red escape key.

I see that your link reveals what I was going to mention - that this keyboard is from the EPSON QX-10 computer, the one with the VALDOCS operating system to protect your valuable documents.

In the meantime, I took another look at the Happy Hacking keyboard, thought about it, and came up with a suggestion for something more moderate with wider appeal. Remember that the original PC keyboard combined the numeric keypad with the cursor keypad? That would be one way of "getting rid of" most of the space the numeric keypad takes up without losing it entirely.

Well, why not take it one step further, and also use the numeric keypad as a substitute for the function keys?

Offline nanu

• http://T-T.be/portal
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 15 August 2009, 07:37:49 »
Quote from: ripster;109796
guy took a dremel tool, sacraficed a Cherry Key and epoxied on the stem.  That is a lot of work and requires more precision than it first looks.

I'm thinking I must do this now, to use arbitrary keycaps with a cherry stem.  It beats molding and casting which some kbdmaniacs are doing, since I'm reluctant to get all the stuff needed for that..

What I first tried for stem conversion is epoxying aquarium tubing, but it's flexible material.  The current revision is to use a straight pin through the tubing as an anchor so it stays on longer.

It is noticeably wobbly—if you strike the key oddly, it will twist; a good sign to take a break, maybe.

Offline rdjack21

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 17 August 2009, 11:13:59 »
Quote from: nanu;109850
I'm thinking I must do this now, to use arbitrary keycaps with a cherry stem.  It beats molding and casting which some kbdmaniacs are doing, since I'm reluctant to get all the stuff needed for that..

I may have to look that up. I keep thinking I want to try molding my own keys mostly so I can get some cupped keys on a modern keyboard. But also so I can play with different materials as well. Do you have a link to the thread for this?
Keyboards

Offline Bollwerk

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 17 August 2009, 16:16:57 »
Quote from: ripster;110195
EliteKeyboards now advertises the Red ESC key as a included item with their Filco Cherry Switch keyboards (he generally shipped them depending on availability gratis).

What? I ordered just recently, but befor that. I hope, I'll get one as well...^^
hope hope hope hope... xD
\\Cherry:
*G80-1800, G80-3700, G80-1000, G80-1501, G80-2550,
*G81-8308, G81-1800, G81-1000, G84-4100, G84-4700

\\Others:
*Chicony E8H5IKKB-5162
*Mtek FKF456K-104
*Filco FKBN87M/EB

Offline ohdh2003

metal esc keycap
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 21 August 2009, 08:43:00 »
Here are two examples of metal (aluminium) keycaps.

How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose understanding rather than silver! [Proverbs 16:16]

Offline timw4mail

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 21 August 2009, 08:52:29 »
I want aluminum keycaps!

How do those feel in comparison to the plastic keycaps around them?

Offline sixty

• http://deskthority.net
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 21 August 2009, 09:10:29 »
Quote from: ohdh2003;111022
Here are two examples of metal (aluminium) keycaps.
Show Image

Show Image

Wow this is totally awesome. Did the poster say how much one cost to make and how long it took?

Thanks for posting this!

Offline ohdh2003

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 21 August 2009, 09:37:58 »
Quote from: sixty;111031
Wow this is totally awesome. Did the poster say how much one cost to make and how long it took?

Thanks for posting this!

I don't know the cost and time for making. They're maniatic production so, you may not buy them. I guess makers of them may not make anymore.
How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose understanding rather than silver! [Proverbs 16:16]

Offline ohdh2003

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 21 August 2009, 09:44:18 »
Quote from: timw4mail;111028
I want aluminum keycaps!

How do those feel in comparison to the plastic keycaps around them?

I have chance to touch an aluminum keycap, the red one. The weight was similar to plastic one. It was not much cold as I thought.

Offline lowpoly

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 21 August 2009, 09:46:10 »
Quote from: ohdh2003;111041
It was not much cold as I thought.

That's what I wondered. Thanks for posting these.

Offline keyb_gr

• Cherrified user
    • My keyboard page (German)
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 21 August 2009, 10:58:49 »
I'd guess keeping the keycap mass down helps.
Hardware in signatures clutters Google search results. There should be a field in the profile for that (again).

This message was probably typed on a vintage G80-3000 with blues. Double-shots, baby. :D

Offline ohdh2003

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #65 on: Sat, 22 August 2009, 05:30:44 »
Quote from: ripster;111039
That is just awesome.  Check around KBDmania for details.

That PS/2 cord looks like it has been RitDyed!

Good observation:) that chord painted by sort of spray like this http://itempage3.auction.co.kr/DetailView.aspx?itemNo=a520189843&frm3=V2

Offline clickclack

• * Maker
  • Board Chow EXTRAORDINAIRE
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 25 August 2009, 16:46:04 »
This thread is really unhealthy :(

now all I want to do is mod the crap out of stuff (more so than I already do)
*smacks forehead*

I really need to find out which keyboards have what stem and what tolerances/heights so I can figure out what's compatible with what I have.

hmm.... *scurries off*...
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 August 2009, 16:47:14 by clickclack »
862+ keyboards and counting!   R.I.P.ster          Vendor link ->Clack Factory

Offline timw4mail

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 25 August 2009, 17:52:25 »
Anyone know of a way to get a set of blue aluminum keycaps?

Offline timw4mail

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 25 August 2009, 22:05:46 »
The double-shot molding on the Next keyboard certainly seems to be more precise than on the Cherry key, though.

Offline ohdh2003

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 26 August 2009, 07:05:59 »
Quote from: webwit;111845
More from those maniacs:

Show Image

The more I see colored keys, the less I want them. Well, that's probably not entirely true. But that korean photo forum manages to make them look tired.

That's truly awesome. Because that was made with "gold". (You may know the gold protect for the teeth.) So that gold keycap is  very experimental and very expansive.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 August 2009, 07:08:46 by ohdh2003 »

Offline Rajagra

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 26 August 2009, 08:00:30 »
Quote from: webwit;111845
The more I see colored keys, the less I want them. Well, that's probably not entirely true. But that korean photo forum manages to make them look tired.

Don't mean a thing if it ain't got that bling:

(doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah)

Offline itlnstln

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 26 August 2009, 08:06:56 »
Quote from: ripster;111908
Actually I think that's an optical illusion because of the different texture (the Cherry is pretty textured). If you look at the extreme closeup you can see the lines where the plastics meet.

That, and Cherry uses a goofy, bubbly font where NeXT, and everyone else, uses fonts with crisper edges.

Offline itlnstln

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 26 August 2009, 09:29:42 »
Quote from: ripster;112019
Bubbly font is an apt description. Any of our German members ever figure out what this font is??

Fugly Sans-Serif Bold

Offline Bollwerk

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 26 August 2009, 09:33:45 »
We've got something here called "Normschrift". It would be sort of standard lettering.

We use it for traffic signs, technical drawings and other stuff. It looks a lot like that.

EDIT: Maybe DIN ISO 3098
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 August 2009, 09:39:16 by Bollwerk »
\\Cherry:

\\Others:
*Chicony E8H5IKKB-5162
*Mtek FKF456K-104
*Filco FKBN87M/EB

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 26 August 2009, 10:02:36 »
The sign in your photo appears to show printing in Copperplate Gothic.

I don't recognize the font in which the letter R is on the key in your photograph.

As to the letters on many computer keyboards in the old days, they are indeed drafting-style letters, made with a particular tool, about which information is available here:

http://www.mccoys-kecatalogs.com/KELeroy/1960Brochure/1960KELeroyBroch.htm

Because you can choose the diameter of the pen used in this, you can produce letters made from thin lines, or letters made from thick lines the rounded ends of which are obvious.

It's difficult to find photos of old-style computer terminals quickly on the Web, but in addition to my 122-key keyboard from Memorex-Telex, another example is at:

http://world.std.com/~jdostale/kbd/SpaceCadet.html

the famous Space Cadet keyboard. One recognizable thing about the font is the very wide % sign.

Offline itlnstln

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 26 August 2009, 10:21:46 »
Quote from: quadibloc;112033
The sign in your photo appears to show printing in Copperplate Gothic.

This was in reference to a running joke.  The pic is from a show in the US called New Yankee Workshop where the host (in the pic), Norm, builds incredible furniture.  Ripster was playing on words using the host's name, Norm, as the joke.

Offline Bollwerk

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 26 August 2009, 10:24:31 »
Maybe it isn't standard lettering. Or an older one than the current. Frankly, I'm not sure, what the hell it could be...
\\Cherry:

\\Others:
*Chicony E8H5IKKB-5162
*Mtek FKF456K-104
*Filco FKBN87M/EB

Offline clickclack

• * Maker
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 26 August 2009, 14:27:06 »
Quote from: ripster;112029

Show Image

My family and I call him the anal retentive carpenter (everything he uses is like laser guided, screwdriver, ruler, bandsaw...haahaa)

Anywho.... moving on...
I just thought I would mention that I have seen many more rubber dome keyboards that have double shot keys than mechnaical boards. I just figured that was an interesting tid bit.
:)

Offline o2dazone

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #78 on: Thu, 27 August 2009, 13:39:13 »
Quote from: webwit;112321
This guy just the Internet:
http://www.kbdmania.net/xe/photo/860813

he just my Internet as well...damn

Offline wellington1869

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 01 September 2009, 20:09:51 »
It looks like wet paint. Nice.

never mind which keyboard it came from, which keyboards will it fit?! :)

Offline msiegel

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 01 September 2009, 20:15:12 »
Quote from: ripster;113819
I'll post tomorrow the keyboard it came from.

that thing looks amazing :)

is there a good source of double-shot alps keycaps, anywhere?

Filco Zero (Fukka) AEKII sliders and keycaps * Filco Tenkeyless MX brown * IBM F/AT parts: modding
Model F Mod Log * Open Source Generic keyboard controller

Offline rdjack21

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 02 September 2009, 01:40:56 »
Nice... Looks like you put it on your Filco tenkeyless board. So I'm guessing that key cap came from some cherry board.
Keyboards

Offline AndrewZorn

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 02 September 2009, 01:57:48 »
if you want smooth, why not just polish an already famous/good/owned double-shot key?

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 02 September 2009, 08:12:10 »
Isn't plastic too soft to really allow itself to be polished well?

Offline itlnstln

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 02 September 2009, 08:16:35 »
That key is from a Cherry keyboard.  The font is a dead giveaway.  It would either be a G80 or G81 series model.

Offline rdjack21

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 02 September 2009, 11:42:59 »
Oh man no bonus points for guessing that you put it in your Filco Blue Cherry Tenkeyless board.
Keyboards

Offline wellington1869

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #86 on: Wed, 02 September 2009, 12:26:03 »
Quote from: rdjack21;113968
Oh man no bonus points for guessing that you put it in your Filco Blue Cherry Tenkeyless board.

rdjack - the t-shirt in your avatar is Da bomb. I havent attempted to make one yet. One day it'll be avail on cafe press though, for sure, lol. I'll see to it ;)

Offline rdjack21

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 02 September 2009, 13:10:10 »
Quote from: wellington1869;113977
rdjack - the t-shirt in your avatar is Da bomb. I havent attempted to make one yet. One day it'll be avail on cafe press though, for sure, lol. I'll see to it ;)

I just hope webwit doesn't throw a fit when he sees it :) He is the one that photo shopped it. But even if he does I just needed a little soft landing today.
Keyboards

Offline wellington1869

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 02 September 2009, 13:48:45 »
Quote from: rdjack21;114014
I just hope webwit doesn't throw a fit when he sees it :) He is the one that photo shopped it. But even if he does I just needed a little soft landing today.

thats a soft landing alright

Offline MsKeyboard

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 02 September 2009, 13:56:41 »
webwit,

You owe me.. ONE MILLION DOLLARS

I hope you had the accent right!

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #90 on: Fri, 04 September 2009, 21:45:26 »
Quote from: nanu;109850
Show Image

The keycap you're converting from happens to be exactly the same style as is on my Memorex-Telex 122-key keyboard.

Offline sixty

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #91 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 09:10:55 »

almost!

Offline Shawn Stanford

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 16:17:53 »
The best four minutes of Python's best movie. You are my hero...
The Brat Prince of COBOL

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 20:29:15 »
I want a Commodore-style Run-Stop key.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline msiegel

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 22:37:18 »
Quote from: Hak Foo;115971
I want a Commodore-style Run-Stop key.

how about an atari-style reset key, that makes a farty sound? XD

you guys must remember that :)

Filco Zero (Fukka) AEKII sliders and keycaps * Filco Tenkeyless MX brown * IBM F/AT parts: modding
Model F Mod Log * Open Source Generic keyboard controller

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 22:40:17 »
Well, the VIC 20 and 64 had those gorgeous cupped keys.... did the Atari 800?  I know the XL series had non-cupped keys (I've got a 600XL and 800XL)
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 08 September 2009, 22:47:11 »
Quote from: Hak Foo;115993
did the Atari 800?

Yes, definitely. It was only after the IBM PC started the trend, by noting that cylinder keys were almost as good - and lent themselves much better to stickers on the top face of the keys - that everyone else switched too, because suddenly cupped keys looked old-fashioned.

Offline itlnstln

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 05 November 2009, 12:27:55 »
Nice comparison, ripster.

Offline itlnstln

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 05 November 2009, 12:55:06 »
The Cherry ones don't look dirty, but they are more of a cream color than stark white.

Offline clickclack

• * Maker
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 09 November 2009, 03:41:27 »
Quote from: ripster;130707

And although it is a repost I just want to show this one to the KBDMania guys because, well, if you're American you might as well be obnoxious since everyone expects you to be.

Haahaaa, living the dream! =P

Offline sixty

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 02 January 2010, 10:21:48 »
Oh my god!

From kbdmania. God knows where these are from, but they are official Cherry Corp for sure. The rounded Arial Bold and the molding artifacts on the bottom are a dead giveaway.

Absolutely brilliant.

Offline sethstorm

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #101 on: Sat, 02 January 2010, 11:26:06 »
Quote from: ripster;97563
My Dad drives a Hyundai - kinda looks like his old Buick.  When my son rented one in a trip we nicknamed our Sonata the "Snota".

Boy Welly, you're all set to learn PhotoShop for real now!!

Well, there isn't a car in that company's stable that doesn't look oddly close to something else, and with a lower-spec engine.

Now where's the keycap from a fake Alps / fake Cherry so that Hyundai label could be put to good use?
Current:
IBM: Model M: 1391401, 1386887 Terminal 122 Key 
IBM: Model F: 6110668 Terminal 122 key with Trackpoint and M13 blacks
IBM: Specialty: Wheelwriter 5, Boltmodded.  AT F layout, M technology. 
Lexmark/IBM: M13 Black Trackpoint
NCR:HO150-STD1-01-17 Decision Mate V - The other Gray NCR linear.

Offline sethstorm

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #102 on: Sat, 02 January 2010, 11:30:39 »
Quote from: ripster;130549
I'm bumping this because Das is now shipping Laser etched White Lettering on Black keys so there is more buzz about that technology.   Surprisingly, I found out that the Kinesis keys on my keypad (see sig for link) are laser etched.  

So we have from left to right - all essentially new keys and all have been cleaned:

No M13 Black just as a comparison, or do you not have one of those?
Current:
IBM: Model M: 1391401, 1386887 Terminal 122 Key 
IBM: Model F: 6110668 Terminal 122 key with Trackpoint and M13 blacks
IBM: Specialty: Wheelwriter 5, Boltmodded.  AT F layout, M technology. 
Lexmark/IBM: M13 Black Trackpoint
NCR:HO150-STD1-01-17 Decision Mate V - The other Gray NCR linear.

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #103 on: Sun, 03 January 2010, 02:02:40 »
Are double shot keys supposed to feel different? I've substituted Cherry double-shots on a keyboard that had Kinesis laser etched for three years, and the feel seems a bit more tight, perhaps less wobble in the key,
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #104 on: Sun, 03 January 2010, 15:07:18 »
thx for the reference. Time to put on my thinking cap.

Offline ohdh2003

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 03 January 2010, 16:08:04 »
In my knowledge they came from China. Maybe Cherry China made them.

Offline ohdh2003

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #106 on: Sun, 03 January 2010, 16:12:52 »
In my knowledge, they came from China. Cherry China made them, maybe.

Offline ohdh2003

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #107 on: Sun, 03 January 2010, 16:21:35 »
It is a 356cl dark gray edition (DGE), special release of 356 line. DGE has a very crazy controller, so it shows awesome repeating rate. I think it may be comparable with keyboards of Omnikey line.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #108 on: Thu, 28 January 2010, 11:18:24 »
Does it actually work with the buckling spring?

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
    • http://kishy.ca/
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #109 on: Thu, 28 January 2010, 11:27:23 »
Quote from: ch_123;154388
Does it actually work with the buckling spring?

That's the ONE two-piece key on the SmarTrex board.
Enthusiast of springs which buckle noisily: my keyboards
Want to learn about the Kishsaver?
kishy.ca

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #110 on: Wed, 17 February 2010, 10:13:57 »
Might as well join the fray, since I posted the pic anyway.

Offline itlnstln

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #111 on: Wed, 17 February 2010, 10:16:27 »
Nice.  It would be even cooler if it said "Big Blue."

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #112 on: Wed, 17 February 2010, 10:19:03 »
Makin' me hungry...

Imagine decorating an entire keyboard with those things (the funny caps, not Big Mac ones specifically).
kishy.ca

Offline itlnstln

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 17 February 2010, 10:35:28 »
HAHAHA! I love that pic. Before I used my super-secret Websense buster to see that pic, I already had it in my head to post it in response to your post. You beat me to it.

That kid sorta looks like this guy:

Offline itlnstln

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #114 on: Wed, 17 February 2010, 10:51:20 »
Only if the kid is alive by 18. I would imagine that heart disease, diabetes, and a world food shortage* would take him down in about the next 5 minutes (if he's still alive).  He'll need a quadruple bypass just for his stomach.  I wonder if he needs help wiping his ass? I'm sure he can't reach it; hell, I'm suprised he can reach his mouth.

*You know, 'cause he all the food.

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #115 on: Wed, 17 February 2010, 10:53:15 »
Less hungry, sure...but now I'm laughing.
kishy.ca

Offline itlnstln

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 17 February 2010, 11:03:29 »
Then you'll be hungry.

I am having lasagna right now.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #117 on: Sat, 17 April 2010, 11:38:00 »
I have a blank red one that Webwit sent me on my M13. Goes well with the Trackpoint cap.

Offline TheSoundofTyping

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #118 on: Sat, 28 August 2010, 07:55:12 »
Sorry for bumping this thread, but I thought it'd be the best place to ask rather than starting a new thread - where (and why) did the whole red esc key thing come from?  Was it used on old terminal boards for emergencies, or what?
"To my loyal butler, You There, for his decades of service, I leave a pittance, to be paid in twenty equal installments of one-twentieth of a pittance each."

Offline kidchunks

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #119 on: Thu, 02 December 2010, 10:18:18 »
Quote from: ripster;255603
Gotta get my key in before all the ClickClack showoff pics appear.

My Sandblasted Aluminum Scarface response to the ever popular  "PANIC" Red Esc key.
Show Image

LOL going to be awhile before those from clickclack show up. Unless some folks live right next to EKB.
Topre || BS > *
my root : kidchunks[dot]com

Offline RiGS

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #120 on: Tue, 19 July 2011, 14:36:01 »
It seems that all those esc kesy share the same texture on your picture.
That cherry doubleshot one is closer to orange than the rest.
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011

Offline RiGS

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #121 on: Tue, 19 July 2011, 14:39:11 »
Lol  I realized that sounded quite racist.
Last edited by RiGS; Jan 2011

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #122 on: Tue, 19 July 2011, 14:46:20 »
racism?
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #123 on: Tue, 19 July 2011, 19:04:42 »
Is there any difference at all between the Fentek Esc key and SP's?

Offline Atenacius

Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #124 on: Tue, 09 August 2011, 13:06:26 »
Does Signature Plastics have trouble getting that Cherry Corp red? I'm still dying for one even if it isn't the original

Keychron Q6 GATERON G PRO YELLOW
Vortex Pok3r CHERRY MX RED
Das Keyboard Model S CHERRY MX BLUE
IBM Model M
1391401 09 MAR 93

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #125 on: Tue, 09 August 2011, 13:23:22 »
the racism on geekhack is getting out of hand. Someone needs to put a stop to it.
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
Battle Of The Esc Keys
« Reply #126 on: Tue, 09 August 2011, 15:02:52 »
quack, duckyyyyy shine
AF | Ducky YOTD |