Author Topic: Post your watch!  (Read 416175 times)

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
Re: Post your watch!
« Reply #250 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 10:05:22 »
Wife bought me this on my B-Day. I ****in love it.
Show Image

Show Image

I love the Orient Disk. I have a SS rainbow marker version somewhere... Yes, I just admitted that I have a rainbow watch :eek:

Anyhow, dressy Orients always make me instantly want to hit the buy now button. Here is one (Orient Millennium). I'll post other ones when I get around to it... whenever that is. :p

Edit: Just noticed it has been about 3 months since I got my Precisionist. Accuracy update: Running just over 1second faster than time.is. Summer is here so it should slow down a bit. I'll check back in another 3 months.
Yeah i'm not too well versed in watches other than g-shocks (or was, not really anymore) so i didn't actually know anything about Orient but the brand sounded familiar so the fact that my wife literally chose this on her own for me surprised the hell out of me and i'm so extremely happy with it. (i'm a sucker for Japanese made things too)
I kinda wish this black disk one had the rainbow colors on it XD

Whoa that Millennium is pretty nice! i look forward to seeing the other ones!

Edit: Also laffindude, your avatar is pretty noticeable but i only see it here, do you literally only check/post in this thread?
Do you have a picture of your entire collection?
« Last Edit: Sun, 07 June 2015, 10:07:26 by Evo_Spec »
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #251 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 10:26:45 »
@Evo_Spec
One thing I love about Orients is that they're still assembled/cased in Japan. If lower end Orients impresses you... wait 'til you try on an Orient Star or Royal Orient. Overall, they're really a cut above their Seiko Cousins. I still love my Seikos of course ;)

I like taking pictures of what I am wearing at the time rather than photographing the entire collection. Time to savor each one ;) Some in the collection have only been wear may be 1 or 2 times, and they're back into the original box until I just have to wear it again (I have a pretty set watch rotation, and only squeeze in some other watches occasionally). It'll be a grand undertaking to do the entire collection.
I don't do G-Shocks anymore as well. Resin rot :( I only buy them if I just have to have it in the collection. You know like if it is orange ;)

PS, I don't venture outside of this particular thread much any more. I still like keyboards but I think I've own all that I want to own for now ;)

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #252 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 10:53:28 »
@Evo_Spec
One thing I love about Orients is that they're still assembled/cased in Japan. If lower end Orients impresses you... wait 'til you try on an Orient Star or Royal Orient. Overall, they're really a cut above their Seiko Cousins. I still love my Seikos of course ;)

I like taking pictures of what I am wearing at the time rather than photographing the entire collection. Time to savor each one ;) Some in the collection have only been wear may be 1 or 2 times, and they're back into the original box until I just have to wear it again (I have a pretty set watch rotation, and only squeeze in some other watches occasionally). It'll be a grand undertaking to do the entire collection.
I don't do G-Shocks anymore as well. Resin rot :( I only buy them if I just have to have it in the collection. You know like if it is orange ;)

PS, I don't venture outside of this particular thread much any more. I still like keyboards but I think I've own all that I want to own for now ;)

Yeah apparently that's one of the reasons my wife got this one because she knows that love to buy Japanese made things when possible and the guy at the watch place told her that this is the only one completely made in Japan as Seiko's cases are now made in China or something like that.

Well i guess that makes sense, i just remembered that i can go see your past posts so i'll definitely have to check that out to see the watches that you've already posted!

Judging by your watch taste and knowing how expensive watches get, i guess that's a good thing that you don't feel the need to purchase more keyboards and such on top of your watch addiction XD

Also i wanted to ask: should i get a watch winder? 
Reason i ask is because i'm kind of a rough guy from day to day as i randomly sometimes do things like work on my car such and just kind of randomly end up in situations where i'm trying to shove my hand in small places (insert dirty joke here) so that's why i've been rocking the G-shock up onto now and although this is a low end watch it's actually one of my nicer watches i've ever had (quality as well as style) so i don't really know if i'm wanting to wear it day to day but more on the weekends type idea.
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #253 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 11:46:21 »
I'd put on a G-Shock when working on the car. The finish and the Hardlex crystal won't stand up to that kind of abuse. That is if you want to keep it looking new of course. Gift from the wife... I think it is better keeping it looking presentable ;)

I do have a watch winder that I rarely use, since I don't wear most of my watches that much. Keeping them running is just extra wear and tear. If you're going to wear it everyday, and only taking it off on the weekends.... I'd say a watch winder is fine so you don't need to worry about setting your watch on monday mornings. Other way around... I would skip the winder. Just set it when you put it on. I don't bother with setting day/dates/AM/PM. Set the time and go. Unless of course, you need precise day/dates on the weekend.

I believe Seiko cases are cast and stamped out in China, and final finishing at the place of assembly (Japan or Malaysia). Most of the work is done by same machines, so I am not particularly obsessed with MIJ label. I have had QC problems with MIJ watches too.

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #254 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 18:43:36 »
I'd put on a G-Shock when working on the car. The finish and the Hardlex crystal won't stand up to that kind of abuse. That is if you want to keep it looking new of course. Gift from the wife... I think it is better keeping it looking presentable ;)

I do have a watch winder that I rarely use, since I don't wear most of my watches that much. Keeping them running is just extra wear and tear. If you're going to wear it everyday, and only taking it off on the weekends.... I'd say a watch winder is fine so you don't need to worry about setting your watch on monday mornings. Other way around... I would skip the winder. Just set it when you put it on. I don't bother with setting day/dates/AM/PM. Set the time and go. Unless of course, you need precise day/dates on the weekend.

I believe Seiko cases are cast and stamped out in China, and final finishing at the place of assembly (Japan or Malaysia). Most of the work is done by same machines, so I am not particularly obsessed with MIJ label. I have had QC problems with MIJ watches too.
Yeah it's not even that i "put on" the watch to work on the car it's just that i randomly decide it's a good idea to shove my hand in the engine bay to do some random **** that doesn't really need to be done lol

I never thought about it being extra wear and tear but it does make sense so i'll just set it on the weekends =)

It's not even necessarily QC issues i'm concerned with when buying MIJ it's more supporting businesses/economy since everyone makes a mistake and there'll always be QC issues.

Thanks for the info!
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #255 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 12:30:17 »
;D

Here is what I was wearing today. Dial have most of the specs on it...
42mm
This thing is as light as a plastic toy watch.
The coating is likely to be TiC based on the color. It is really durable. Not a scratch on the polished parts.

This one has been hanging out by the window for the past 6-7 months. Kinda forgot it was there.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #256 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 13:02:05 »
damn, got me wanting an orient disk... the price is pretty good
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline maddingo

« Reply #257 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 14:16:12 »
had to go chase the postman down to get it ..as they left delivery attempt notice without actually knocking?

meh.. got this today

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #258 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 14:35:33 »
I preordered an MVMT today.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #259 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 15:43:02 »
"New Old Stock" Tissot Chronograph (roughly circa 1942, there is some ambiguity). I am its first and only owner. It had been sitting in this bag until I found it!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #260 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 21:09:27 »

"New Old Stock" Tissot Chronograph (roughly circa 1942, there is some ambiguity). I am its first and only owner. It had been sitting in this bag until I found it!
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow, that is so cool!  How did you find it?  How much did it set you back?  I want a story!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #261 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 21:11:22 »
Here's my Father's Day present (Techne Goshawk with Horween strap):

I'm back.

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #262 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 21:24:35 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow, that is so cool!  How did you find it?  How much did it set you back?  I want a story!

Back around 1990 my father (who owns one of the largest restorers of vintage clocks and watches) bought a significant amount of parts from a company that foreclosed on one of Tissot's old factories. They separate much of the parts into a kind of "blind box" and auction/sell them to make some small profits. Being in the business of repairing vintage time pieces, having old parts straight from the factory is much more preferable to machining new parts or using somewhat new condition used parts. After buying a few lots, one of our watch makers noticed the cloth sack which contained the fully assembled chronograph inside. After opening it up it became apparent it had never been run and was probably intended to be sold before the factory closed. Since then it sat in our safe for a few decades. After me happening upon it, my father decided to give it to me (after a hasn't-been-used-in-50-years tune up). He gave it to me for my 21st birthday and told me that there was nothing better a watchmaker could give his own son.
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 June 2015, 21:26:19 by ImpendingxDoom »

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #263 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 21:28:54 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Back around 1990 my father (who owns one of the largest restorers of vintage clocks and watches) bought a significant amount of parts from a company that foreclosed on one of Tissot's old factories. They separate much of the parts into a kind of "blind box" and auction/sell them to make some small profits. Being in the business of repairing vintage time pieces, having old parts straight from the factory is much more preferable to machining new parts or using somewhat new condition used parts. After buying a few lots, one of our watch makers noticed the cloth sack which contained the fully assembled chronograph inside. After opening it up it became apparent it had never been run and was probably intended to be sold before the factory closed. Since then it sat in our safe for a few decades. After me happening upon it, my father decided to give it to me (after a hasn't-been-used-in-50-years tune up). He gave it to me for my 21st birthday and told me that there was nothing better a watchmaker could give his own son.

That. Is. Awesome.

You have an amazing functional tangible symbol of your fathers' love for you.  What a gift.

Sorry if that was cheesy
I'm back.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #264 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 21:35:48 »
Do you really want to look at my arm hair? Either way, look at someone else's.

Moto 360:

Anyone got the Apple Watch? That will be my next watch.

I had a Jacques Cousteau watch a long, long time ago...it has since been lost under the sea (figuratively unfortunately).

Offline wupi

« Reply #265 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 07:12:12 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Really wonderful clock. Im jealous.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #266 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 10:09:43 »
Do you really want to look at my arm hair? Either way, look at someone else's.

Moto 360:

Show Image

Anyone got the Apple Watch? That will be my next watch.

I had a Jacques Cousteau watch a long, long time ago...it has since been lost under the sea (figuratively unfortunately).
I had moto 360 for a week before returning it. I'll be replacing it with a pebble at some point.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #267 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 11:45:55 »

I had moto 360 for a week before returning it. I'll be replacing it with a pebble at some point.

The new software update makes the watch a lot more useful, but after playing with the Apple watch it leaves a lot to be desired. Looking forward to the 2nd model though. Only paid $150 so I think I got a decent deal.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #268 on: Wed, 24 June 2015, 11:49:56 »

The new software update makes the watch a lot more useful, but after playing with the Apple watch it leaves a lot to be desired. Looking forward to the 2nd model though. Only paid $150 so I think I got a decent deal.
I got the metal one for $200 so the price was OK. My biggest issue with Apple's watch is the price but other than that its really comfy and pretty useful.

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #269 on: Thu, 02 July 2015, 22:48:21 »
Is it easy to swap the case on a g-shock?
The rubber leaves a noticeable gap there and I don't really like it...

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #270 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 00:10:53 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Dude this watch is awesome with an awesome story. Thanks for sharing!
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #271 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 00:37:05 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Dude this watch is awesome with an awesome story. Thanks for sharing!

Ha! Thanks. I only wear it for special occasions, so I'm glad to share pictures with friends.

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #272 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:29:03 »
asus zenwatch with seiko metal band. yep i'm one of those *******s with a smartwatch :) haters gonna hate

20150708_132150 by almightyglod, on Flickr

Offline atarione

« Reply #273 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 20:13:55 »
Behold my Purple (THE COLOR OF KINGS YO!  :) ) Seiko 7002-700A (yes I know the purple dial is aftermarket...don't care quit inexpensive (under $100) so yeah...

« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2015, 20:37:14 by atarione »

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #274 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 20:30:40 »

asus zenwatch with seiko metal band. yep i'm one of those *******s with a smartwatch :) haters gonna hate

Show Image

Did you do an online review of it?  Your picture and the LCARS skin look familiar
I'm back.

Offline mdszy

• ayy lmao
    • mdszy
« Reply #275 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 20:40:25 »
Currently rocking the Samsung Gear Live I've had for a few months now, love it so much.

Das Keyboard Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition | Pok3r

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #276 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 05:41:18 »

Show Image

LCARS interface included? :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #277 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 01:50:42 »
My kinda smart watch.

Offline lolpes

« Reply #278 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 04:58:32 »
Here is my daily driver ;) Seiko SNK803K2 with limited edition leather strap from natostrapsco ;)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #279 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 05:21:37 »

I got the metal one for $200 so the price was OK. My biggest issue with Apple's watch is the price but other than that its really comfy and pretty useful.

Whats useful about the apple watch? I found it to be incredibly slow, unintuitive and astronomically expensive, for one that looks nice, it costs more than my 120gb iPhone 6, which it needs to work anyway... madness

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #280 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 06:58:16 »

Whats useful about the apple watch? I found it to be incredibly slow, unintuitive and astronomically expensive, for one that looks nice, it costs more than my 120gb iPhone 6, which it needs to work anyway... madness

iPhone 6 128GB is $849, and the watch is at $399. So the phone is still more expensive  ;)
But no way in hell am I going to put $399 into their first version of that watch

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #281 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 07:11:02 »

iPhone 6 128GB is $849, and the watch is at $399. So the phone is still more expensive  ;)
But no way in hell am I going to put $399 into their first version of that watch

Like I said, I'm using UK money and an Apple Watch that actually looks nice, not the small cheapo one with the nasty rubber band (really who the **** pays £300 for a watch with a rubber strap)

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #282 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 07:20:04 »

Like I said, I'm using UK money and an Apple Watch that actually looks nice, not the small cheapo one with the nasty rubber band (really who the **** pays £300 for a watch with a rubber strap)

You could get the Apple sports watch (£399), and then get a different wristband (£129) for a total of £468. That is still a lot cheaper than a £699 128GB iPhone. But I can understand that you would want nothing but the best (we are mechanical keyboard users) and could only settle for the £12000 model  ;)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #283 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 07:31:32 »

You could get the Apple sports watch (£399), and then get a different wristband (£129) for a total of £468. That is still a lot cheaper than a £699 128GB iPhone. But I can understand that you would want nothing but the best (we are mechanical keyboard users) and could only settle for the £12000 model  ;)

You can also get an iPhone 6 for less than £700 ;)

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #284 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 07:35:33 »

Whats useful about the apple watch? I found it to be incredibly slow, unintuitive and astronomically expensive, for one that looks nice, it costs more than my 120gb iPhone 6 which it needs to work anyway... madness

Only if you get in with a service plan, and in the end it will cost you even more than £700.

But lets back to watches  :D
I'm not sure if I should just go ahead and treat myself to a nice Seiko or wait for a good looking smart watch
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 July 2015, 08:43:32 by MAR82 »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #285 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 08:33:11 »

Only if you get in with a service plan, and in the end it will cost you even more than £700.

But lets back to watches  :D
I'm not sure if I should just go ahead and treat myself to a nice Seiko or wait for a good looking smart watch

iPhone 6's cheapest price is £540(16gb), only the 128gb version is £700

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #286 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 10:57:29 »
Here is my daily driver ;) Seiko SNK803K2 with limited edition leather strap from natostrapsco ;)

Show Image

Show Image

What size is your wrist? That watch looks tiny on my wrist ;(

Offline lolpes

« Reply #287 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 10:59:40 »
Yeah i have small wrists :/ the bigger watches just look awfull on me, last year i tried to back the type 50 from division furtive on kickstarter, until i realized the true size of the watch...

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #288 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 05:16:47 »
I have pretty average sized wrist but pretty wide (17.5cm circumference, 6.5cm across). I generally prefer ~42-43mm case sizes with ~55-60 lug to lug.
50mm would look like a clown watch on my wrist as well. Though, some watches are supposed to look a bit weird on the wrist, like the ecozilla :D

Offline Doyniish

• Good you
    • Power Hour Playlists
« Reply #289 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 07:21:31 »
Had it since release day, very happy with it!

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #290 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 17:00:58 »
Received an original grain watch today. Not too bad for $ 150. The bracelet is extremely large, will have to have links taken out tomorrow. On the right is my daily driver.

105756-0
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 July 2015, 17:03:54 by Xowie »
RETIRED

Offline Belfong

« Reply #291 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 23:13:42 »

Show Image

Tell us more!

I'd like to hear from people on the street about the Apple Watch than review sites or newsprint. How does battery fair? Does it scratch easily? How practical is it as a watch?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #292 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 23:20:16 »
going to see if best buy has the pebble time in stock tomorrow, been waiting on it since it was announced.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #293 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 23:20:48 »
going to see if best buy has the pebble time in stock tomorrow, been waiting on it since it was announced.
that is a good choice, sir! :thumb:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #294 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 23:23:37 »
good to hear! i liked my original pebble, but had to get rid of it due to work.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #295 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 23:29:24 »
I'm enjoying it. Gotta love the battery life.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #296 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 23:32:47 »
yes, that's one of the reason why im going with it over the apple watch.

having to charge your watch daily is stupid. also, price.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #297 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 00:04:08 »
I have the Jawbone Up app, which tracks my activity - sadly, when using activity, the battery last 4 days. It's not bad, but it's not 7 days.

Do post here once you got it. we can exchange notes on which watch face is nice. I am particularly pleased with "Shades of Time" and DIN Time - they are both just so beautifully designed.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #298 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 00:05:04 »
will do

Offline Doyniish

• Good you
    • Power Hour Playlists
« Reply #299 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 11:31:00 »

Show Image

Tell us more!

I'd like to hear from people on the street about the Apple Watch than review sites or newsprint. How does battery fair? Does it scratch easily? How practical is it as a watch?

I love it, it's a lot more practical than I first thought it would be. The battery life is unreal, at the end of the day on normal use I am usually only at 60%. I could easily go two full days wearing it and not having it die on me. I have been testing the Watch OS 2 betas and that has affected the battery life, but I'm sure that will get squared away before the public release.

Since I have the sport, I only have the ION X Glass and not the sapphire. I use mine everywhere I go and don't baby it, I treat it like any other watch. That being said, I only have one noticeable scratch from scraping it across a wall.

The fitness aspect of the watch was the deciding factor for me, and it has not let me down at all. It is truly one awesome device.