Author Topic: Anyone have experience with shapeways.com 3D printing?  (Read 1361 times)

Offline wes1099

• Technology and Dog Enthusiast
Anyone have experience with shapeways.com 3D printing?
« on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 16:58:25 »
I am designing my own spacebar and I was wondering if shapeways.com was a good place to print keycaps.

[Leopold FC660C]     [GON NeRD 60]    [Infinity Keyboard]    [ Model M Silver Label]
[Topre 45g Silent]     [Gateron Black]    [Cherry MX Black]     [Model Number 1390636]
                                                                                         [May 20, 1987]

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
Re: Anyone have experience with shapeways.com 3D printing?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 13:34:08 »
i use em for the megatrqn cap and they're pretty good, they take their time though. I think they wait until they get a certain volume of orders before doing anything SLA. Some of the finishing has been inconsistent, otherwise great.
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline wes1099

• Technology and Dog Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 13 October 2014, 13:42:39 »
i use em for the megatrqn cap and they're pretty good, they take their time though. I think they wait until they get a certain volume of orders before doing anything SLA. Some of the finishing has been inconsistent, otherwise great.
Awesome. Thanks!

[Leopold FC660C]     [GON NeRD 60]    [Infinity Keyboard]    [ Model M Silver Label]
[Topre 45g Silent]     [Gateron Black]    [Cherry MX Black]     [Model Number 1390636]
                                                                                         [May 20, 1987]

Offline garryforster

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 28 October 2014, 04:45:57 »
I found 3DStuffMaker - http://www.3dstuffmaker.com/ as a good Experience while buying a Home printer. It took me a while to set his up and get all the settings right but printing is really easy!