Author Topic: Did Matias Make Wobble Improvements?  (Read 1159 times)

Offline A Future Pilot

• A Descentr
Did Matias Make Wobble Improvements?
« on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 11:56:45 »
So I was just reading a blog post from Keyboardio about their new ergonomic keyboard coming out later this year, and something caught my eye:

The delay is related to an improvement the they made to reduce the amount of “wobble” in the switches at the end of last year. The new switches feel a lot nicer, but due to the tighter tolerances, their manufacturing operation has taken some time to come up to speed. The team at Matias is bending over backwards to get us switches as quickly as possible and right now we believe that we’ll have covered 90% of pre-orders with June’s keyswitch delivery.

I personally have never used Matias switches (though I'm very much looking forward to it when I can), but I've heard the major issue seems to be the amount of wobble with them. Has anyone else heard anything about this, or maybe even has the new switches in hand and can comment on it?
Here's the WW1 Flying Ace standing beside his Sopwith Camel

Offline SpectreiiI

• Scribe
Re: Did Matias Make Wobble Improvements?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 14:45:32 »
Mine are on the way. I'll let you know when they get here; should be early July.

Offline A Future Pilot

• A Descentr
Re: Did Matias Make Wobble Improvements?
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 15:17:41 »
Mine are on the way. I'll let you know when they get here; should be early July.

Thanks! I'm interested in hearing the results! :)
Here's the WW1 Flying Ace standing beside his Sopwith Camel