Poll

Which realization of Cyrillics do you prefer?

Double shot single letters
Standard QWERTY with front printed Cyrillics

Author Topic: [IC] YURI R1 GMK (Cherry profile)  (Read 355016 times)

Offline Meitachi

• Je sui prest
Re: [IC] YURI R1 GMK (Cherry profile)
« Reply #900 on: Wed, 15 February 2017, 16:07:52 »
This is all speculation and guesstimating obviously - should easily have at least one month in between releases.

Thanks for the info!  It seems there are a bunch of great sets dropping soon (I forgot about laser, another awesome looking set).  Time to get the wallet prepared!

Plum, Andes Mint, Yuri, SNES, Laser. Good year for GMK keysets!

Indeed, don't forget Black Lotus and Nautilus.

So many good choices! My poor wallet can't handle all the ones I want. Choices, choices...!

Offline paulforgione

« Reply #901 on: Fri, 17 February 2017, 11:43:42 »
Pretty sure I'll be joining when this drops. That orangey salmon pink is my color.  :thumb:

Offline hoq

• wolfmark.work
« Reply #902 on: Sat, 18 February 2017, 20:54:43 »
 :thumb:

A must buy keyset!
« Last Edit: Sat, 18 February 2017, 20:56:52 by hoq »

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #903 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 00:53:43 »
Ok here is the combo in the mix with different light conditions.

Mix of artificial/natural light:
Show Image

Show Image

Natural light only:
Show Image

Show Image

Keep in mind you cant transfer the mood and the feel to the eye with a camera. In person the whole looks 200% better than on these pictures. I cant get the words to explain how powerfull the colors are and how they complete each other as a whole. Looking at it in person i cant wait to see the real set.

Would this set run this year?

Not this year. I hope i can get a spot first half of 2017.

I thought the alphas will be more blue than that, because the render give the "pale blue" impression while the sample color still give a "white" impression for me.

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #904 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 03:25:25 »
Ok here is the combo in the mix with different light conditions.

Mix of artificial/natural light:
Show Image

Show Image

Natural light only:
Show Image

Show Image

Keep in mind you cant transfer the mood and the feel to the eye with a camera. In person the whole looks 200% better than on these pictures. I cant get the words to explain how powerfull the colors are and how they complete each other as a whole. Looking at it in person i cant wait to see the real set.

Would this set run this year?

Not this year. I hope i can get a spot first half of 2017.

I thought the alphas will be more blue than that, because the render give the "pale blue" impression while the sample color still give a "white" impression for me.

For mockups i took the color code of Signature Plastics BFM color sample. There is ofcorse some differences between BFM and GMK sample, but they are so close that i dont mind making a big deal out of it. Keep also in mind the color is more vivid in person than showed in the photo. Probably my equipment cant catch that color properly or i dont know how to catch it properly (because i am beginner). Anyway on my ips monitor which i hope can display 98% of all colors properly (with the best adjustments i've found in the internet), the colors of samples and the mockups look very close.

Just another pic of sample with automated white correction...

Offline ricyuyc

« Reply #905 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 04:45:07 »
How about include add-on kit for dvorak layout?

160897-0

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #906 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 05:00:44 »
How about include add-on kit for dvorak layout?

(Attachment Link)

I was thinking about that already.

Любой каприз за ваши деньги. Which means actually as long as people are interested and are ready to pay, everything is possible.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #907 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 05:06:15 »
By the way i've forgot to tell: the photo also cant deliver the neon touch of the orange sample.

Offline srang

« Reply #908 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 07:52:11 »
By the way i've forgot to tell: the photo also cant deliver the neon touch of the orange sample.
Ooooooo that last pic with the white correction just got me so excited. That one really caught the pale blue

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #909 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 10:26:47 »
You people have to keep in mind doing suggestions, that every kit (except the international kit) will  have moq of 150. It costs me only my time to introduce new kits. Anyway i think doing so, i need to consider if its worth doing it. Right now i cant say anything about the colemak and dvorak kit, but in my opinion they deserve a try. Honestly, for me the most important thing is the base set. Everything else is nice to have and is very welcome. I deeply hope everything tips and everyone get the set and the kits he wants to get.

As mentioned before Base set will be its own drop. After Base set shows some impressive numbers other kits will be unlocked.... Either if Base set does not that well, then there is no sense to offer other kits, as these will not tip.

First page has been updated.

New kits:

DC kit

Blue spacebar kit

Offline thad

« Reply #910 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 10:30:29 »
You people have to keep in mind doing suggestions, that every kit (except the international kit) will  have moq of 150. It costs me only my time to introduce new kits. Anyway i think doing so, i need to consider if its worth doing it. Right now i cant say anything about the colemak and dvorak kit, but in my opinion they deserve a try. Honestly, for me the most important thing is the base set. Everything else is nice to have and is very welcome. I deeply hope everything tips and everyone get the set and the kits he wants to get.

As mentioned before Base set will be its own drop. After Base set shows some impressive numbers other kits will be unlocked.... Either if Base set does not that well, then there is no sense to offer other kits, as these will not tip.

New kits:

DC kit
Show Image

Blue spacebar kit
Show Image

T0mv3ry you are a man of the people! Keep up the awesome work

Offline srang

« Reply #911 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 10:51:26 »
Ahhhhhh this drop needs to just happen!!! I need this wonderful end-game in my life...
Great work on the set, I hope everything tips

Offline krisst

« Reply #912 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 10:53:22 »

New kits:

DC kit
Show Image

Blue spacebar kit
Show Image

I wonder if there is a need for a separate blue spacebar kit especially since the base set already have the 3 longer spacebars (6.25u, 6u and 7u). What if the 4 shorter ones are added to the existing orange spacebar kit? In a way, that would help with the MOQ too. Hopefully anyone thinking to pick up the additional spacebar kit would like to have more options.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #913 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 11:12:31 »
edit: yep tripping, my bad, just saw the GMK sample pic above.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #914 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 11:32:43 »
I wonder if there is a need for a separate blue spacebar kit especially since the base set already have the 3 longer spacebars (6.25u, 6u and 7u). What if the 4 shorter ones are added to the existing orange spacebar kit? In a way, that would help with the MOQ too. Hopefully anyone thinking to pick up the additional spacebar kit would like to have more options.

There are definitely people who will jump in just for the extra spacebars. Separating spacebars from the smaller keys will make the kits probably impossible to tip. Also despite these will be sold other MD its still is a GROUP BUY, which means you have to carry each other to achieve a goal (in this case getting items you want). This is nothing for selfish people. The participant have to accept to buy some keys they dont need, because either there is no possibility to get these.

In that matter it would be wise to merge orange spacebars and blue spacebars, for the purpose to make those tip. But i let it be for this time.
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 February 2017, 11:34:22 by T0mb3ry »

Offline krisst

« Reply #915 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 13:17:21 »

There are definitely people who will jump in just for the extra spacebars. Separating spacebars from the smaller keys will make the kits probably impossible to tip. Also despite these will be sold other MD its still is a GROUP BUY, which means you have to carry each other to achieve a goal (in this case getting items you want). This is nothing for selfish people. The participant have to accept to buy some keys they dont need, because either there is no possibility to get these.

In that matter it would be wise to merge orange spacebars and blue spacebars, for the purpose to make those tip. But i let it be for this time.

Yup, agree. As it stands now, there will be duplicate of 3 alpha colour spacebars (6.25u, 6u and 7u) in the blue spacebar kit which also exist in the base kit. Which is why I suggest adding those 4 smaller alpha colour spacebars (1.75u, 2u, 2.25u and 2.75u) to the orange spacebar kit. Make it less kits.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #916 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 13:19:19 »
Auto WB is a Godsend. That photos giving the same vibe with mockups. I'm excited  :thumb:

New kits:

DC kit
Show Image

Blue spacebar kit
Show Image

DAYYUMMM ALL NON-QWERTY USER MUST LOOK AT THIS ADD-ON!

I never tempted at GMK because I use Colemak and never bother to ask because the MOQ (I look at Yuri because Cyrillic = handsome blanks).
But maybe The Great T0mb3ry could change it all!  :p

Offline srang

« Reply #917 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 14:04:39 »
I agree that it makes sense to see how the other add one go to see whether it makes sense doing two full spacebar kits or a combined kit with only mini alphas

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #918 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 14:13:16 »
I'll look into it, merging only the small spacebars. What means the big blue spacebars will not be available. So if everybody is cool with it...

Offline srang

« Reply #919 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 14:17:21 »
I'll look into it, merging only the small spacebars. What means the big blue spacebars will not be available. So if everybody is cool with it...
Well they would still be available in the base kit right? And I only meant that if other add one aren't tipping, then it might make sense to combine them.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #920 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 14:31:26 »
Well they would still be available in the base kit right? And I only meant that if other add one aren't tipping, then it might make sense to combine them.

Of course the blue spacebars will be still available in the base kit.

Offline ricyuyc

« Reply #921 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 18:10:20 »

New kits:

DC kit
Show Image

Blue spacebar kit
Show Image

WOW, I am in and no return  :thumb:

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #922 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 22:20:13 »
GMK DC kit!!
Definitely join in due to the first keyset with DC kit of GMK profile.

Offline nugglets

« Reply #923 on: Sun, 19 February 2017, 22:30:01 »
Just posting for updates. Had been following this and love it, but now that we're closer to closing it out I want to keep a closer eye on it =)

Offline palindrome

« Reply #924 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 00:44:24 »
This looks amazing.  I'm definitely interested.

OG KBC Poker X (Brown)     Leopold FC660M (Brown)

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #925 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 03:55:43 »
Love the Colemak/Dvorak GMK :) 

Offline ehmlis

« Reply #926 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 04:41:45 »
I've had my eyes on this since early 2016 and I've always thought that the colours were awesome and that the cyrillics looked cool. But now you've done it, I must have it, GMK and Colemak :eek: :thumb:

Offline SlashCamp

« Reply #927 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 05:59:18 »
This is the most beautiful set i've seen in a long time. Count me in.

Offline ЫъГЬ

« Reply #928 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 07:14:20 »
I just noticed Cyrillic Kit has ? on 8 key and not 7. Why is that? Is it just a rendering error, or it's actually going to be produced like that?

On the matter of sublegends, double quote mark (") is also missing from 2, but at least it's not an error.

Offline need

« Reply #929 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 08:15:26 »
I agree merging the shorter blue spacebars to the orange spacebar kit. This might even attract people to purchase the base kit for the longer blue spacebars...

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #930 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 11:25:42 »
I just noticed Cyrillic Kit has ? on 8 key and not 7. Why is that? Is it just a rendering error, or it's actually going to be produced like that?

On the matter of sublegends, double quote mark (") is also missing from 2, but at least it's not an error.

My bad, its an error. I will correct this with next update. Thanks for the catch :)

Offline Sneaky Potato

• * Maker
  • Gunslinger
« Reply #931 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 11:56:51 »

New kits:

DC kit
Show Image

Blue spacebar kit
Show Image

Love the split spacebar stuff, count me in!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #932 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 12:49:42 »
Front page has been updated.

Corrections:

Cyrillic kit

Spacebar kit

Offline Meitachi

• Je sui prest
« Reply #933 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 13:19:39 »
Front page has been updated.

Corrections:

Cyrillic kit
Show Image

Spacebar kit
Show Image

Wow, count me in for the spacebar kit! I love the pop of the color.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #934 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 18:28:18 »
GMK 6u compatible with Topre? I mean the hole position not the stem.

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #935 on: Mon, 20 February 2017, 20:58:52 »
Just came across this and instantly thought of my brother in law. I've been looking for a year or so for a dvorak set that he would probably like. I ran this by my sister to see her thoughts and she loved it. Now I need to wait for this and get some sort of tkl or pok3r for it and then I'll send it out to him later in the year.

I'm actually really excited even though it's not for me!!!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #936 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 15:34:27 »
Cyrillics update.

Following Letters has been tweaked:
Ц - got more slick tail
Щ - got more slick tail
Ф - taller and wider (same width as Ш for example)
У - is now taller

Those tweaks were made to make legends appear properly side by side (dimensions) in cyrillic layout for a human eye.

Here something to compare:
old alphabet:

new alphabet:

Old cyrillic kit (note У and Ф appear small next to other keys):

New cyrillic kit:

and of course Ц and Щ got sexy back ;)

« Last Edit: Tue, 21 February 2017, 16:16:03 by T0mb3ry »

Offline Damonskv

« Reply #937 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 15:49:04 »
Cyrillics update.

Following Letters has been tweaked:
Ц - got more slick tail
Щ - got more slick tail
Ф - taller and wider (same width as Ш for example)
У - is now taller

Those tweaks were made to appear properly side by side (dimensions) in cyrillic layout for a human eye.

Here something to compare:
old alphabet:
Show Image

new alphabet:
Show Image

Old cyrillic kit (note У and Ф appear small next to other keys):
Show Image

New cyrillic kit:
Show Image

and of course Ц and Щ got sexy back ;)
Ф стала сильно круглее) вспоминаются дары смерти из Гарри Поттера

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #938 on: Tue, 21 February 2017, 15:54:16 »
Ф стала сильно круглее) вспоминаются дары смерти из Гарри Поттера

Да но сеичас Ф более вписывается во всю картину. До этого она была коротышкои. Ну и Ф сама по себе экзотическая форма по сравнению с другими буквами :)

Offline StarPupil

« Reply #939 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 16:36:58 »
This has probably been answered before, but does the Cyrillic kit have deep dish or barred homing keys? I don't see either in the render, but considering that the deep dish F and J keys in the base kit are identical to those around them as far as I can tell, it might just be me missing something.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #940 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 16:40:00 »
This has probably been answered before, but does the Cyrillic kit have deep dish or barred homing keys? I don't see either in the render, but considering that the deep dish F and J keys in the base kit are identical to those around them as far as I can tell, it might just be me missing something.

That is a good question. As you can see there is no bared homing keys, so the homing keys are deep dish (A and O). Probably i have to add bared homing keys.

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #941 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 05:34:08 »
Any estimate on when this will drop?
:D
Reddit: /u/Komatoz

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #942 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 11:01:49 »
Probably April.

Offline johuu

« Reply #943 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 11:14:27 »
Probably April.

12th April would be perfect (12.4.1961 first space flight).  :D
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 February 2017, 11:34:08 by johuu »

Offline srang

« Reply #944 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 12:00:36 »
Probably April.

This ^ times a million. That would be so cool!!!

Offline Sempre

« Reply #945 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 12:57:27 »
Probably April.

This ^ times a million. That would be so cool!!!

It would be cooler if that was the delivery date for all gb members simultaneously 

Offline Meitachi

• Je sui prest
« Reply #946 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 13:18:20 »
A bit off topic but still related: I watched Hidden Figures (the movie) yesterday and when Yuri Gagarin was mentioned, the first thing I thought of was this keyset and how hyped I am for it to drop!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #947 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 17:22:34 »
Probably April.

Hope Yuri can get a spot for that date ;)

By the way do you remember jamods? It will drops somewhere in March :)

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #948 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 18:29:14 »
By the way do you remember jamods? It will drops somewhere in March :)

I remember! Shame the "leaf" icon had to get scrapped haha. Glad to hear it'll drop in March though, hopefully there's another cool set coming in until then after Plum ends now - hoping for Mito's Neon or McG's Miami Dolch, or Laser!

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #949 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 07:36:14 »
Probably April.

Oh thank god.

Enough time for my wallet to recover from all the other GMk sets <3
Reddit: /u/Komatoz