Poll

Which realization of Cyrillics do you prefer?

Double shot single letters
Standard QWERTY with front printed Cyrillics

Author Topic: [IC] YURI R1 GMK (Cherry profile)  (Read 356820 times)

Offline finalreq

Re: [IC] YURI SA Profile (Vote for cyrillics!)
« Reply #250 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 13:39:48 »
I think including some 1.5 and 1.75 novelties would be very nice. Other than that this set looks absolutely amazing

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #251 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 18:56:00 »
I'd be in for both versions plus novelties. Looks better every time I visit this thread!

Offline DaveW

• zer0knowledge
« Reply #252 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 00:17:40 »
Love the colors and those front printed Cyrillics look fantastic. I'm definitely interested.

Offline GwenAlli

« Reply #253 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 00:52:15 »
Oh wow, looks so beautiful! I would definitely be interested in the SA with Cyrillics!

Offline Zapheo

• There's nothing that I wouldn't do.
« Reply #254 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 02:45:28 »
Wow this set looks great!  :thumb:
I need more keyboards to hold all of these keycaps.

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #255 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 03:14:35 »
Wondering whether this set will explode like Carbon did before it  :eek:

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #256 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 03:49:30 »

I'm pretty confident that this set will be a success for sure. Great color scheme, story, the novelties he has done so far are very cool, and  it's $100 for a base kit with Cyrillics, which is not as expensive as many thought (including me).

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #257 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 04:14:36 »

I'm pretty confident that this set will be a success for sure. Great color scheme, story, the novelties he has done so far are very cool, and  it's $100 for a base kit with Cyrillics, which is not as expensive as many thought (including me).

Even showed this set to a mate that has hardly any interest in mechanical keyboards past using them and he thought it was awesome!

Offline m1kehonch0

« Reply #258 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 13:16:48 »
I really dig the colorways. The cryllic alphabet might be a deal breaker for some. I think it will be awesome! Something different to enjoy. If this goes live I'll be in for a set and a bunch of child kits.

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #259 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 16:45:01 »
First page has been updated with: adjusted Russian Alphabet, Base kits and Child Deals  :)

Offline finalreq

« Reply #260 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 17:03:02 »
First page has been updated with: adjusted Russian Alphabet, Base kits and Child Deals  :)

I would have liked to see the horizontal star and stripe key in the novelty kit. I think that's one of the cooler keys in this set.

Offline Sinanju

• Dustoff
« Reply #261 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 17:04:21 »

I would have liked to see the horizontal star and stripe key in the novelty kit. I think that's one of the cooler keys in this set.
Agreed, the novelty set seems like its missing something.

Would something like Eject for an ESC key novelty work too? (Overdone, yes, but I think they are kinda cool)   Don't think I saw it mentioned anywhere else in the thread.

Great looking set.  Carbon SA was my first aftermarket keycap set, and Yuri might be my second.

Offline animal

« Reply #262 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 17:44:34 »

The number row is going to be with orange legends and not blue? The blue legends look better in the number row.
Real men do it with a keyboard.

Offline Hispes

• ISYMFS
« Reply #263 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 20:59:29 »

The number row is going to be with orange legends and not blue? The blue legends look better in the number row.

Agreed.

Offline m1kehonch0

« Reply #264 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 21:12:37 »

I agree 100%!

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #265 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 09:39:09 »

I agree 100%!
I concur!

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #266 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 10:47:17 »

I agree 100%!
I concur!

Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Jedi

« Reply #267 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 12:42:08 »
Ok, so now I am kicking myself in the balls for not ordering the Novelty Kit with carbon not only because I saw the keys on a layout in the separate thread, but because I must order one of everything for this set.  Great work on these T0mb3ry, this is a terrific IC.  No rush, this set will surely be awesome!

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #268 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 12:57:31 »
Ok, so now I am kicking myself in the balls for not ordering the Novelty Kit with carbon not only because I saw the keys on a layout in the separate thread, but because I must order one of everything for this set.  Great work on these T0mb3ry, this is a terrific IC.  No rush, this set will surely be awesome!

Thanks!

Indeed we got plenty of time to waste :) There are also so many nasty GBs right now. For example Gateron PBT. I could kick my ass to not ordering Ivans Ural imsto keyset. But now i'll get my ural :) Actually i was born there.

I agree 100%!
I concur!

Show Image

How about to combine Stripe and Novelties together? I ll add also vertical and horizontal 2u stars to it. If you like i can add also an Enter with stripes and star.

However the hammer and sickle will be separated into its own child deal. Got a request from a person who'd like to join the dark side. So i am helping  :))

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #269 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 13:46:45 »
Isn't the 2U R1 Backspace key redundant in the Planck/Atomic kit?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #270 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 13:52:59 »
Isn't the 2U R1 Backspace key redundant in the Planck/Atomic kit?

As you can see (the picture below) Atomic has a number row with 2u backspace.

I forgot to add Stripe kit (i was talking about) to child deals. First page has been updated.
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 January 2016, 14:10:38 by T0mb3ry »

Offline finalreq

« Reply #271 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 00:50:45 »

Thanks!

Indeed we got plenty of time to waste :) There are also so many nasty GBs right now. For example Gateron PBT. I could kick my ass to not ordering Ivans Ural imsto keyset. But now i'll get my ural :) Actually i was born there.

I agree 100%!
I concur!

Show Image

How about to combine Stripe and Novelties together? I ll add also vertical and horizontal 2u stars to it. If you like i can add also an Enter with stripes and star.

However the hammer and sickle will be separated into its own child deal. Got a request from a person who'd like to join the dark side. So i am helping  :))

Yes, it would be much better to have the star and stripe keys in the set. I especially like the idea of the star and stripe enter key.

Kind of a bummer that the hammer and sickle will be separated but if thats the price we have to pay for the star and stripe keys then so be it.

Offline carsten_

« Reply #272 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 06:41:45 »
I'm very much excited for this. The colors look great, the font is awesome and the novelties look cool. Will buy the cyrillic set and the novelties. I really hope this gets made!

Offline animal

« Reply #273 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 09:20:10 »
I didn't get an answer, are the number row legends going to orange and not blue as in the renders and your first mockups?
Real men do it with a keyboard.

Offline Burt Macklin

« Reply #274 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 10:09:29 »
Probably Summer. There are other great SA designs in the pipeline.

Ah, that's great  :thumb:
Plenty of time to get the $$ ready, this looks absolutely stunning.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #275 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 10:15:32 »
I didn't get an answer, are the number row legends going to orange and not blue as in the renders and your first mockups?

Probably. I need to look over the child deals. If it does not make any problems i can make all letters orange and all non letter blue, like in the previous mockups.

Offline Hispes

• ISYMFS
« Reply #276 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 11:13:59 »

Probably. I need to look over the child deals. If it does not make any problems i can make all letters orange and all non letter blue, like in the previous mockups.

I think this would be awesome and preferred, but I'll buy regardless. =)

Offline Jonathan Larsson

« Reply #277 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 11:55:32 »
7u Spacebar child deal?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #278 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 12:22:51 »
7u Spacebar child deal?

Its a standard thing nowadays. There will be ofcourse 7u and 6.25u spacebars as child deals. Also 3u keys will be offered (for example Filco Minila has one). Unfortunatly SP does not have the molds for 6u (all topre boards except nova and leo) and 6.5u (corsair and other cool kids boards  :)) ) spacebars.

Offline Incredigasmic

• Orange is Love. Orange is Life.
« Reply #279 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 14:31:38 »
Can we have the Return key featured in the Planck child kit into the Novelties kit? The Star with stripes looks great, but I don't want to have to buy the Planck kit to get it.
"If I married my 6th grade gf I'd be white trash...7th grade I'd be alright" ~ Binge

"Incredi is the foremost master of all things orange" ~ BroCaps

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #280 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 15:13:32 »
Can we have the Return key featured in the Planck child kit into the Novelties kit? The Star with stripes looks great, but I don't want to have to buy the Planck kit to get it.

Yes Novelties will get an Enter with star on stripes. But i want to keep another enter and not exceed the amount of 2 enters. I guess i,ll make two orange enters. One with "Поехали" and another with deep blue star on stripes. May be blue enter with orange star... Dont know i have to try it out first.

Offline Incredigasmic

• Orange is Love. Orange is Life.
« Reply #281 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 15:37:04 »

Yes Novelties will get an Enter with star on stripes. But i want to keep another enter and not exceed the amount of 2 enters. I guess i,ll make two orange enters. One with "Поехали" and another with deep blue star on stripes. May be blue enter with orange star... Dont know i have to try it out first.

Fantastic news. Can't wait for the set to gain more traction and enter GB phase :D
"If I married my 6th grade gf I'd be white trash...7th grade I'd be alright" ~ Binge

"Incredi is the foremost master of all things orange" ~ BroCaps

Offline RNT

« Reply #282 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 11:30:15 »

Agreed!

Offline yannickg

« Reply #283 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 11:57:35 »
Is there any ETA for this to hit MD?

It's beautiful btw!

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #284 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 05:21:11 »

It's beautiful btw!

Pretty sure it was mentioned in this thread that it would be during winter where T0mb3ry comes from.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #285 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 06:05:06 »

It's beautiful btw!

Pretty sure it was mentioned in this thread that it would be during winter where T0mb3ry comes from.

Indeed i already mentioned it somewhere in this thread. Winter? I think most probably summer. There are other sets in the pipeline. Also i need to see new cyrillic legends in combination with already existing legends. Maybe some adjustments are needed. But i want make sure they will match. So it needs its time too.

Offline yannickg

« Reply #286 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 07:11:22 »
Great, thanks for the heads up.

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #287 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 07:15:30 »

It's beautiful btw!

Indeed i already mentioned it somewhere in this thread. Winter? I think most probably summer. There are other sets in the pipeline. Also i need to see new cyrillic legends in combination with already existing legends. Maybe some adjustments are needed. But i want make sure they will match. So it needs its time too.

Sorry got my winter and your winter mixed up I think.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #288 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 07:19:44 »

It's beautiful btw!

Oh i see your location. Haha. I mean yeah in your case its winter :)

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #289 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 08:29:25 »

It's beautiful btw!

Oh i see your location. Haha. I mean yeah in your case its winter :)

I remember figuring it out a couple of days ago and that is why I went wrong. :)
Good timing I think need to give my bank account a rest from keyboard related stuff  :))

Offline RNT

« Reply #290 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 21:02:29 »
I need Yuri in my life, asap.

Offline oisw

« Reply #291 on: Mon, 18 January 2016, 21:48:31 »
Excellent set, look forward to getting the SA with Cyrillics & Novelty. Great work!

Offline nguyenkimtam

• Shin
« Reply #292 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 00:36:20 »
I will join . Hope this gb will run

Offline Mattr567

« Reply #293 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 01:19:17 »
Looks great. And thanks for including the 2U shift! Its hard to find sets for my G80-11800. Cherry profile would be preferred, it would be a amazing Cherry set :O

But still a great set :)
Wang 725-3770 SKCM Brown, 1995
Zenith 163-73 - SKCM Blue, 1990
KBP V60 MTS - SKCM Amber w/ Canon HiPros
IBM P77, SKCC Green, 1984
IBM P70 - Alps Plate Spring, 1989
Compaq MX 11800, MX Black, 1997

Offline pattulus

• RocketINK
« Reply #294 on: Fri, 22 January 2016, 23:10:13 »
This is just great – love the color scheme. I'm looking forward to it.

Offline WSweg

« Reply #295 on: Sun, 24 January 2016, 23:20:44 »
Really looking forward to this. Is it through Massdrop or here? Also, is there an expected date for it to begin?

Offline mun2912

« Reply #296 on: Thu, 28 January 2016, 02:33:08 »
I'm in for Cyrillic 2shot....it make this set look really special

Offline Tabletopcheese

« Reply #297 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 17:47:52 »
When ever this becomes a reality, Im buying the Cyrillic for sure.

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #298 on: Sun, 31 January 2016, 22:17:58 »
When ever this becomes a reality, Im buying the Cyrillic for sure.

Cyrillic is going to be the ****! :D

Offline mun2912

« Reply #299 on: Mon, 01 February 2016, 10:38:54 »
I think there should be 3u spacebar in case T0mb3ry want it to support Filco Minila