Author Topic: JTK Sophomore GB - 100% shipped - Form in OP for any missing or damaged keys  (Read 1360678 times)

Offline suparnemo

Re: JTK Sophomore GB - 100% shipped
« Reply #2800 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 20:40:16 »
Got my sliders today :D (I was a PM order)

Can't wait to get these on my FC660C. Thanks again Bunny

Mine are going on an FC660C too! But I decided to wait for my caps to get here so I can do it all at once.

Also, the envelope they are shipped in is a nice color :P

Offline hrinfinity

• typebeast
  • uptempo
« Reply #2801 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 21:42:28 »
Got my sliders today :D (I was a PM order)

Can't wait to get these on my FC660C. Thanks again Bunny

Mine are going on an FC660C too! But I decided to wait for my caps to get here so I can do it all at once.

Also, the envelope they are shipped in is a nice color :P

Thanks for reminding me. I'm still waiting for the Hyperfuse color pack for the extra short shift :))

Which keycap set are you waiting on?
TGR-Jane CE | FC660C | DK9008 Snake

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #2802 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 21:48:20 »

Thanks for reminding me. I'm still waiting for the Hyperfuse color pack for the extra short shift :))

Which keycap set are you waiting on?
[/quote]

I've got the Mario Bros set from KBDFans coming in. It's been shipped, but it takes a while!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2803 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 16:08:11 »
quick update, the last of the replacements and the sliders are now all packed up and will be dropped off at my earliest convenience next week, once that is done i will update any relevent support tickets and forms

orange and white sets are now also on the way to me for those who ordered that

thanks and happy easter
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #2804 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 16:52:37 »
quick update, the last of the replacements and the sliders are now all packed up and will be dropped off at my earliest convenience next week, once that is done i will update any relevent support tickets and forms

thanks and happy easter

My sliders arrived yesterday! Although, I was under the impression the JTK set I ordered (and never arrived the first time around) would be coming along with them; were they shipped separately? I mean I suppose I should send in a ticket asking this rather than doing it here but as I saw the thread updated I figured no harm.

Happy Easter!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2805 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 16:54:21 »

thanks and happy easter

My sliders arrived yesterday! Although, I was under the impression the JTK set I ordered (and never arrived the first time around) would be coming along with them; were they shipped separately? I mean I suppose I should send in a ticket asking this rather than doing it here but as I saw the thread updated I figured no harm.

Happy Easter!

It was done separately and is packed and sat right next to me now, I had updated in the thread before but I have very limited space here so what was needed to pack up the sliders took up the bulk of that

So it will be following to you shortly

Glad the sliders arrived

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline fabian101

• Cardbox
« Reply #2806 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 21:44:04 »

thanks and happy easter

Just made an update on my support ticket. Kindly have a look at it when possible. Thanks!
[WTB] Nothing For Now

Ducky Legend + Invisible FC660C

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2807 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 09:34:49 »

thanks and happy easter

Just made an update on my support ticket. Kindly have a look at it when possible. Thanks!

pm me the ticket number

Offline fanman888

« Reply #2808 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 15:02:30 »

thanks and happy easter

Happy Easter!

It was done separately and is packed and sat right next to me now, I had updated in the thread before but I have very limited space here so what was needed to pack up the sliders took up the bulk of that

Glad the sliders arrived

Hey Bunny, sent you an update on my support ticket regarding an address change for my Sophomore Black on Orange mod kit. I've pm'd you the support ticket number. Please have a look when you can. Thanks!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2809 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 15:34:16 »

thanks and happy easter

Happy Easter!

Glad the sliders arrived

Hey Bunny, sent you an update on my support ticket regarding an address change for my Sophomore Black on Orange mod kit. I've pm'd you the support ticket number. Please have a look when you can. Thanks!
done and done good sir

thanks so much for letting me know

Offline squeakypizza

« Reply #2810 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 16:11:18 »
Just got my sliders!  Cant wait to get em set up.  Has anyone used hyperspheres with these yet?  I have em on the stock stems and I was planning on moving em over.  Any difference on key travel or anything to look out for.

Thanks!!!

Offline BillyBuerger

« Reply #2811 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 21:43:36 »
Just got my sliders today.  Thanks BunnyLake!  Unfortunately I seem to be having the same issues that others have commented on about keycaps being loose.  All of the ones I've replaced so far are loose with the keycaps I have.  A friend has some Chocolatier  SA caps that seem to fit a little tighter.  Possibly because the outside of the stem is maybe larger so there's more friction on the outside so the looseness in the cross isn't as noticeable.  But those are the only ones so far that don't fall off very easily.  Since I already have some of the other 1U stems that you can get off AliExpress (RoyalKludge and other clones use them I believe), I've left those in place as they have a more normal for key cap fit.  But since those don't have stabilized stems, I'm using these for the larger modifiers.  If I'm gentle those stay on okay.

Offline testplsignore

• I am one with the Cup Rubber...
« Reply #2812 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 06:16:31 »
Got my sliders today :)

Has anyone tried these with DSA? How is the fit / any interference issues?

Thinking most likely I'll just drill the plastic for the stabs rather than modify and check every cap for clearance...

Realforce 10AE 45g Type-S & 55g    HHKB BT & Type-S    Realforce RGB Hype-S    FC980C    FC660C    Filco BT TKL

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2813 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 06:43:39 »
Got my sliders today :)

Has anyone tried these with DSA? How is the fit / any interference issues?

Thinking most likely I'll just drill the plastic for the stabs rather than modify and check every cap for clearance...

It's only enter and left shift you may find clearance issues with

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #2814 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 11:44:19 »
Received my sliders yesterday. :thumb:

Offline Ace_1

« Reply #2815 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 14:28:34 »
Received my sliders yesterday. :thumb:

Hopefully get mine soon in that case  ;D (I'm also in the Bay Area)

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #2816 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 20:22:35 »
Got my sliders in, they seem to work fine. Definitely have a little more wobble than the novatouch, but that's not a big deal imo. It's nice to have keycap compatibility. Some of my caps (2 or 3) Fall off if you shake the board, but I'll swap those sliders out and see how it fares.

Also, anyone have a suggestion on how to clip the stems on the larger keys? Don't want to drill holes in the board.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #2817 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 22:03:44 »
Well, if you're fine with actually clipping them (i.e. making them unusable on cherry boards) you can just grab some cutting pliers and snip them right out.

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #2818 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 22:31:33 »
Well, if you're fine with actually clipping them (i.e. making them unusable on cherry boards) you can just grab some cutting pliers and snip them right out.

I'll give that a shot. I don't own any MX boards, and don't plan to use it on any others so I'm okay with it.

I'll have to get some and give that a shot. Thanks!

Offline skaloola

« Reply #2819 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 01:28:31 »
got my sliders today but they're red.  i must have messed up and clicked red, i wanted blue -- no big deal cause they don't show anyways.. same story with my spacebar is pink even though i thought i picked blue (def not pink!).  i might have clicked the wrong thing on that too though, but i'm not sure where i can access the spreadsheet to double check

is there a way i could order an extra space bar?  white or blue would be cool. or swap it out.
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 April 2017, 01:32:40 by skaloola »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2820 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 01:30:29 »
got my sliders today but they're red.  i must have messed up and clicked red, i wanted blue -- no big deal cause they don't show anyways.. my spacebar is pink even though i thought i picked blue.

is there a way i could order an extra space bar?  white or blue would be cool. or swap it out.

We ran out of blue towards the end so some people who picked blue sliders had to have an exchange to another colour, as for spacebars blue was never an option nor were they made

With regards to extra spacebars I'll have a form up to order those soon, but as above blue does not exist but I do have lots of extra white

Offline skaloola

« Reply #2821 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 01:34:08 »
got my sliders today but they're red.  i must have messed up and clicked red, i wanted blue -- no big deal cause they don't show anyways.. my spacebar is pink even though i thought i picked blue.

We ran out of blue towards the end so some people who picked blue sliders had to have an exchange to another colour, as for spacebars blue was never an option nor were they made

With regards to extra spacebars I'll have a form up to order those soon, but as above blue does not exist but I do have lots of extra white

oh ok that's why.  makes sense.  white would be great.  thanks for the fast reply, that's pretty cool of you to handle trivial issues like this for me.  must be pretty annoying

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2822 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 01:36:41 »

oh ok that's why.  makes sense.  white would be great.  thanks for the fast reply, that's pretty cool of you to handle trivial issues like this for me.  must be pretty annoying

Not annoying at all, always happy to help whenever I can and sorry for the confusion on slider colour

As they were ordered long before anyone picked colours etc, we ordered an even amount of each colour, so when people picked colour preferences some were most popular than others, it was actually a fairly even split between all colours but blue happened to run out first

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #2823 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 10:31:33 »
any update on the JTK extras replacements? OoB / BoO?

Thanks!
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #2824 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 11:14:33 »
Hey Bunny! I sent ya a pm. Can you get back to me when you have a spare moment? (:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2825 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 11:29:35 »
any update on the JTK extras replacements? OoB / BoO?

Thanks!

Yeah I posted a few posts back, all packed just need to be dropped off

I did some today but haven't updated tickets yet but couldn't get as much out as I'd like as I had the baby with me and he wasn't playing my along

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2826 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 13:15:09 »
All remaining and late slider orders have now shipped as well and some of the remaining replacements went out over the last couple days, I have 6 packages still to drop off and will do so early next week and I'll be updating the support tickets of the ones that have just gone out tomorrow

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #2827 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 17:33:23 »

Got my caps and sliders installed!

Ended up using a dremel + sanding wheel to grind down the stabs. Worked really well. Much happier to have modified the key caps rather than the board.

They definitely have a little bit more wobble to them than the novatouch, but I'll see how I like typing on it!

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #2828 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 19:38:55 »
Quick update for everyone:

Swapping sliders fixed all of the loose keys other than a single key.

Overall I am liking the sliders and the single loose key isn't very used, but it doesn't pop out when I press it so it doesn't matter really that it's loose when shaken upsidedown.

It's taking a little getting used to the cherry profile of these keys compared to the Leopold profile, but it feels pretty good and I'm not really finding that it makes the board very much less tactile of anything.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #2829 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 00:27:35 »
Hey, just got a set of JTK Charred orange from Originative, and I got enough of the costar stabs to fit 3 stabilized keys, but that left two with the tape trick to fix them.

Is there any way to buy a little baggy of just these stabilizer inserts?

Offline Khuya

« Reply #2830 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 12:19:53 »
See my status in the excel that it's been shipped for a few weeks now.  But haven't received any shipping confirmation or items... usually how long does this take?

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #2831 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 14:00:21 »
All remaining and late slider orders have now shipped as well and some of the remaining replacements went out over the last couple days, I have 6 packages still to drop off and will do so early next week and I'll be updating the support tickets of the ones that have just gone out tomorrow

Woot! Is mine one of the 6? If so, can I get the tracking for it? (:

Thank you, Bunny! Way too excited.

Offline Dyaems

« Reply #2832 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 20:03:13 »
See my status in the excel that it's been shipped for a few weeks now.  But haven't received any shipping confirmation or items... usually how long does this take?

depends where you live. i haven't gotten mine and its almost a month now although i think that is normal specially i live somewhere in asia. though i never gotten any confirmation or tracking as well, only that excel file that it is stated that my order has been shipped.

B.face X2
  65g Zealios

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #2833 on: Mon, 24 April 2017, 20:08:32 »
depends where you live. i haven't gotten mine and its almost a month now although i think that is normal specially i live somewhere in asia. though i never gotten any confirmation or tracking as well, only that excel file that it is stated that my order has been shipped.

I don't think anyone got tracking actually. Mine took a while but I eventually got them a little while ago.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #2834 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 02:44:02 »
Bunny has explained that tracking is limited, and that it is a huge pain to find the tracking number for a single package because the receipts are very lacking in information.
I'm sure he could find the tracking if you absolutely have to have it, but the tracking wouldn't really be more than "left the origin destination" and "arrived at destination".
I think.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2835 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 02:54:10 »
@unforgivable I'll forward your tracking shortly it's easy for me to do when I'm dropping off sub 20 packages as I can pull it aside right away

Whereas when I'm dropping off 100-200 packages the uk system is a nightmare, I must add I know this isn't ideal, but all jtk buys were planned to ship from america, with the exception of slider extra orders shipping was charged based on shipping from conus, and the website and all our systems are set up around that, I made the decision to ship this buy to ensure it would get done and in as timely manner as possible, and covered the additional shipping charges accordingly, the draw back to this as mentioned above is the ctrl alt systems are not set up to do this, and the uk mail system is way way behind the times technology wise making it just so so much work to do manually when not using some kind of api

So due to this not only have I been happy to cover the additional postage, but also the cost of any and all replacements, yes when shipping at this volume some things will not arrive, it's a very small percentage

But, every single person will get their order in full and we are very very close to doing that

If anyone has not received their sliders 2 weeks from today, I'll open up a form and get any that need to ship out again out by that Friday, and as it'll be such a small amount I'll be able to update full tracking for each of those orders that night to people

In the time between now and then, once I have the last of the replacement keysets out I'll put out a form for anyone who wants extra spacebars and random extra bits I have here, and those will also ship that Friday and then everything will be clear and complete

Offline Jumie

« Reply #2836 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 07:31:53 »
got my slider last week.. I am in south east asia fyi..

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #2837 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 09:10:27 »
@unforgivable I'll forward your tracking shortly it's easy for me to do when I'm dropping off sub 20 packages as I can pull it aside right away

Great news!

Small side note, I made a quick inquiry via update on my ticket #705B110B on ctrl.alt a couple days ago, it's really not a big deal so don't worry about it unless you can spare a moment to read it eventually before you ship out the set replacements. Thanks!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
JTK Sophomore GB - 100% shipped
« Reply #2838 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 09:11:30 »

Great news!

Small side note, I made a quick inquiry via update on my ticket #705B110B on ctrl.alt a couple days ago, it's really not a big deal so don't worry about it unless you can spare a moment to read it eventually before you ship out the set replacements. Thanks!

Shoot me a pm about it, I'm heading off now but I'll both check it and reply tonight

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #2839 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 19:01:39 »
By the way bunny, what are those weird 1.5u-looking sliders for?  I don't mean the 2u stabilized sliders for Enter/Shift, there are a few that are like halfway between the 1u and 2u in size and have a little piece sticking out on either side as well.  Are those for JIS keyboards or something?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2840 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 19:09:20 »
By the way bunny, what are those weird 1.5u-looking sliders for?  I don't mean the 2u stabilized sliders for Enter/Shift, there are a few that are like halfway between the 1u and 2u in size and have a little piece sticking out on either side as well.  Are those for JIS keyboards or something?

Do you have a picture? I don't remember seeing any of those :-\

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #2841 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 19:52:50 »

166941-0

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #2842 on: Tue, 25 April 2017, 21:08:14 »

Hey Bun, can you tell if my small legacy replacement is in that batch? Received the sliders the other week and they look totally rad. Saw there was another package for me on a spreadsheet somewhere I can't find now and hoping it didn't get lost, had rubbish luck with mail the past couple months it seems.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline orpheo

« Reply #2843 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 10:30:18 »
I received my sliders, sadly I must say they are way to loose for my OG cherry keysets, the worst being my dyesub set. More than half of the two JTK stems sets I bought are just not holding the keycaps. Maybe I got unlucky.

Anyway I am still happy with them. Note on the RF105, no need to modify the JTK stem for the left control. The white spacebar is nice! Thanks Bunny!

Offline orpheo

« Reply #2844 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 10:31:04 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 27 April 2017, 10:33:55 by orpheo »

Offline orpheo

« Reply #2845 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 10:33:15 »

(Attachment Link)

That stem is for the capslock keycap on my RF105 :)

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #2846 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 10:55:45 »
Hey Bunny - did JTK ship the OoW to you yet? I think you said he was about to send them out at the end of March.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2847 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 10:58:08 »
Hey Bunny - did JTK ship the OoW to you yet? I think you said he was about to send them out at the end of March.

Yeah I'm just waiting on them to arrive

Some more pics from him

Note the boxes above, all future jtk sets will ship in these to ensure no packing errors or scratches etc to the caps

I have some on the way to me for review with the oow sets

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2848 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 11:23:07 »

Some more pics from him

Show Image

Show Image

Note the boxes above, all future jtk sets will ship in these to ensure no packing errors or scratches etc to the caps

Trays ;D How secure are they? Hopefully it won't be a repeat of GMK TA.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #2849 on: Thu, 27 April 2017, 11:23:45 »

Some more pics from him

Show Image

Show Image

Trays ;D How secure are they? Hopefully it won't be a repeat of GMK TA.

They are hard plastic and very secure, completely different from what gmk use