Author Topic: [GB] Weaven 60% Housing ROUND 2 [In Production]  (Read 253858 times)

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
They all look so badass, really like the modular design.
Any word on the reanidizing ones? Really cant wait to get mine.

Hopefully it will be there next month :)
KEYBOARD MACHINERY SERVICE SINCE 2015.
Instagram: instagram.com/triviumkeyboard
Facebook: facebook.com/triviumtek

[GB] Weaven Housing Kit      [GB] Lustro Housing Kit

Offline KaminKevCrew

Can I ask if mine was one of the cases that needed to be reanodized?

Offline Geekmie

Shipping cost was sooooo... high. Almost faint when realize it was higher than my (missed by miles) calculation.
Well, nothing I can do about it now  :'(
Hope it will get better for next round 😉

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek

Only for who want deeper shade of blue.

Offline KaminKevCrew

Only for who want deeper shade of blue.
Excellent! I think that means I'm getting mine sooner XD it's been a while and I have a terribly poor memory about stuff like this!

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
Looking forward to this. Thank you bazh and whoever else is working on this GB for making it happen. :thumb:

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline stillzman

Will there be another GB for these in the near future? Really disappointed I missed out on this.

Offline Geekmie

Will there be another GB for these in the near future? Really disappointed I missed out on this.
Me too   Keep watching on this

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
Me too   Keep watching on this

Round 2 comes in short :P
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Geekmie

Round 2 comes in short

Awesome! Any chance for more color options or acyclic back plate? Can't wait~😍

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
Damn I am really impressed by this Bazh. I am really sad I couldn't join the first round. Hopefully I can join the second.  ;D

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
As soon as I got feedback from customers of first batch.
The design is new from ground up so there is a chance of mistakes or quirks I overlooked that only come to light in different real use situation. If that happen, I would like to fix it for who already purchased before making a second batch.

Also, as a start up keyboard company, we do have something else (entirely different) to show in the next week, so stay tuned ;)

Offline Geekmie

The design is new from ground up so there is a chance of mistakes or quirks I overlooked that only come to light in different real use situation. If that happen, I would like to fix it for who already purchased before making a second batch.

Also, as a start up keyboard company, we do have something else (entirely different) to show in the next week, so stay tuned ;)
That sounds so exciting. 😆 Looking forward to your new work 🙌.

Offline redskull

don't forget those WKL and HHKB layout as well sir.

Offline stillzman

nice cant wait!

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
Bad new first.

First buyer feedback (local) is the kit received with damages, despite an inch thick bubble wrap around, and it was ding-free before shipping.

Definitely not the first feedback I'm looking for, he's only 2000km away so I would just redo what needed.

So nervous about  the rest of them out there :'( please leave feedback right after you got yours.

Some normal update:

Done the assembly instruction (should have been done weeks ago but I have no time), will post it tomorrow.

Offline techmattr

Might be worth upping the shipping & handling fees to use some block foam for packaging next time. http://www.ebay.com/bhp/packing-foam

Offline Geekmie

Bad new first.

First buyer feedback (local) is the kit received with damages, despite an inch thick bubble wrap around, and it was ding-free before shipping.

Definitely not the first feedback I'm looking for, he's only 2000km away so I would just redo what needed.

So nervous about  the rest of them out there :'( please leave feedback right after you got yours.

Some normal update:

Done the assembly instruction (should have been done weeks ago but I have no time), will post it tomorrow.
Sorry to hear this. Kind of curious which part is damaged, coz the aluminiums and CF seem to be very solid and strong materials.

Offline KaminKevCrew

Bad new first.

Some normal update:

Sorry to hear this. Kind of curious which part is damaged, coz the aluminiums and CF seem to be very solid and strong materials.
Aluminum can be pretty easily scratched. I wouldn't be surprised if the anodizing got a little messed up.

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
Dings, deformed edges on 6061 aluminium... I cant imagine what kind of force can go through that thick 4 layers of bubblewrap though, but it does. Second buyer from Malaysia also have one ding on the corner of side bar. The problem may widespread.

Once everyone confirmed total number of damage parts, I will make replacements
Please also report with the picture of the box condition (for reference)

Both damaged cases involve EMS and local post. I do hope kit shipped with USPS and UPS (for CAD buyer) fare better. my proxy confirmed box was okay and no sign of damage when they arrived in US.

Offline Geekmie

Dings, deformed edges on 6061 aluminium... I cant imagine what kind of force can go through that thick 4 layers of bubblewrap though, but it does. Second buyer from Malaysia also have one ding on the corner of side bar. The problem may widespread.

Both damaged cases involve EMS and local post. I do hope kit shipped with USPS and UPS (for CAD buyer) fare better. my proxy confirmed box was okay and no sign of damage when they arrived in US.
Hopefully it will be fine. Still looking forward to the second round ;)

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.

Hey foggyflute,

Just wondering what the shipment via UPS for Canadians was declared at, and did it happen to come from Texas? Got a random notification from UPS this morning.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek

Report from Malaysia, still waiting for the box condition.
 :(

Yes, proxy is my friend from Houston, TX.

Offline KaminKevCrew

Show Image

At least the damage isn't terrible. That still sucks though.

It looks like it just needs to be re anodized at most?

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek

I think replacement needed.

Offline KaminKevCrew

I think replacement needed.
Well, I for one, appreciate the wonderful customer service that you're exhibiting here. That's totally awesome.

Here's hoping everything arrived to the us safely!

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder

Hey foggyflute,

Just wondering what the shipment via UPS for Canadians was declared at, and did it happen to come from Texas? Got a random notification from UPS this morning.

Yes it is, our proxy shipped from TX

Really sorry to see the damage, it causes us a hard time head scratching why these happened :(

Anyway, graphic assembling guide is here

HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Lpwl

• lpwl.bigcartel.com
    • My O-ring Store
Haha this is awesome !

Well done sir  :thumb:

Offline KaminKevCrew

I figured out the way to fix the issue with the damaged cases! If we never open the packages, the cases are neither damaged, nor undamaged!

Offline Geekmie

I figured out the way to fix the issue with the damaged cases! If we never open the packages, the cases are neither damaged, nor undamaged!
Erwin Schrödinger's Cat ^_^;

Offline KaminKevCrew

Erwin Schrödinger's Cat ^_^;
Glad someone got it :)

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
You guys are covered so nothing to worry about, just sucks to continue waiting for replacement parts.

Offline KaminKevCrew

You guys are covered so nothing to worry about, just sucks to continue waiting for replacement parts.
Yeah, I hope there are as few issues as possible (read: none) once they get to the us... I don't want to wait for replacement parts, although I definitely appreciate how much effort you are putting in to make everything perfect. That's totally awesome!!!

Offline tuantruong

I don't think those wraps can protect the housing during shipping, got a custom board with that kind of packaging and you know how it turned out. How about adding some foams besides those bubble wraps? It would increase the cost, but surely prevent those unexpected damages. And I don't mind paying extra just to get my board safe and sound.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
Show Image

The box condition was alright. 4 layers of bubble wrap is definitely not enough when comes to packaging the aluminum boards.
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline pear_voz

Next time it will be covered with a fking suit like Tony Stark!
Trivium Keyboard Co.

Offline KaminKevCrew

Alright! I just got my case!

Offline Geekmie

How's the baby? ;)

Offline KaminKevCrew

How's the baby? ;)
Pretty good. I have a couple of niggles that I'm about to send to Bazh and Foggy.

Medium Edit: Alright! I made a quick little mockup of what the whole board will look like, since I had some time (note: These caps are not the caps I'm using for this board, I was just excited to give them a go, since they've been sitting in my desk for about 6 months at this point...)

132565-0

I do have a concern here though... It looks to me like the Carbon plate is pretty significantly off center, which you can see here:
132569-1
vs.
132567-2

One thing of note, which I totally forgot when I got the case, is that the case comes pretty loose feeling, but once you put everything in (the switches, and the PCB, with the foam) the case really stiffens up, so it should be pretty awesome!
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 March 2016, 01:02:31 by KaminKevCrew »

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
About the off center, u need to fix the position of the plate before close the sides of, they will be pressed again front and back so no wiggles at all.

I put little room for them sideway since not all board have same position for dip switch so some adjustments may needed :)
Also, Bazh will address your issues in PM ;)

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
Nice to see the case comes to everybody eventually!

Guys, don't hesitate to post pic of the case here and PM me if you have any problem, I'm more than glad will answers your questions and issues etc. We want to hear from you guys! ;)
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline KaminKevCrew

Sorry for the double post!

Anyway, I just built the full board (I probably should have waited until tomorrow... It's past 3am here... Anyway, this thing is awesome! I'm seriously loving the CF plate. It makes for a really unique feel among the boards that I've been able to try and it's seriously yummy. I'm using Gateron Browns, with Zeal's clear tops. One other thing is that this board seems to be unusually quiet, which is really nice for when everyone else is asleep (like right now)

I'll do a better write up tomorrow, I think, but so far my impressions are really good! During my build, the only thing that bothered me is the fact that the cutouts for switch top removal aren't quite as precise as they could be. It wasn't anything to cause real concern, but there was definitely more friction on one side of some switches because of the carbon not quite leaving enough room. Other than that, it's a great board, and I love the feels, and the looks!

Please excuse the terrible photo. I thought I would snap a quick one to tease you guys, but I'm apparently too tired to take even a half decent photo right now. Better photos to come, and more text too!

Offline Geekmie

Looks great! But the case does seem to be slightly larger than the board. Is it possible to make it a little smaller and get the perfect fit? Or just try to cover the gap on the edges of the plate by thickening the bars?

Offline salasource

Offline tuantruong

Got this today. Both side bars are damaged.  :(
There us some issues with the plate as well, pming you guys about it.
Untitled by Tuan Truong, on Flickr
Untitled by Tuan Truong, on Flickr

« Last Edit: Mon, 28 March 2016, 15:34:04 by tuantruong »

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
PMed,
Wiggle plate before assembly are normal, anti-slip mat will take care of it.
Damaged parts will be replaced.

Sorry to see it arrived like that.

Offline KaminKevCrew

PMed,
Wiggle plate before assembly are normal, anti-slip mat will take care of it.
Damaged parts will be replaced.

Sorry to see it arrived like that.
Can confirm. Plate wiggle absolutely non-existant once you build a board in this case.

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
Once everyone reported back, we will immediately start replacement production.
Also worrking on more secure packaging materials.

Offline mrboovn

does the replacement production affect the time of round 2?
OTD 356 mini- 360c-456GT-356CL DGE-DK Saver(ALPS Green) | Duck Eagle V1+V2-Viper V1+V2-Poker-Pad-Orion V2-Octagon V2-Lightsaver V2-Kingsaver | KMAC Happy(60%)-Happy HHKB |LZ GH -LZ MX Mini | 2x TGR-CE-2x TGR 910 | TX CP | Dolphin V2-GH Edition|EM7 GH|ENVKX|M5-92|E8-V1|Exent|Matrix Abel|VNMK MX-Mini | Cherry G80-5000HAMRB |Realforce 108UW Hi Pro-45g 55UW-HHKB
Octagon v2-LSV v2-KMAC 1.2-Blackbird

https://www.flickr.com/gp/97473780@N08/10mLE5

Offline foggyflute

• Amateur Maker
    • Triviumtek
does the replacement production affect the time of round 2?

Yes it does, it will delay the start of round 4 about 2weeks.
We still aim for April groupbuy second round, with faster turnaround too.