Author Topic: music producers of geekhack  (Read 2915 times)

Offline gorillionaire

• really gorilly
music producers of geekhack
« on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 08:29:07 »
I make computer music..I was wondering if there are any other dj/producer/bands on here.....If so feel free to drop a link..share some techniques..or talk about some of your controllers

https://soundcloud.com/gorillionaire-1/bologna

https://soundcloud.com/gorillionaire-1/turtle-time

https://soundcloud.com/gorillionaire-1/propaganda

here's some of mine

« Last Edit: Tue, 10 May 2016, 20:46:04 by gorillionaire »

Offline gorillionaire

• really gorilly
Re: music producers of geekhack
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 20:46:29 »
nobody? lol rip

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 20:51:30 »
I don't think half a day is really long enough to wait to declare that "nobody" is a music producer around here. I know that youngmichael88 has produced his own music, and I've seen others with gear that indicates they might as well. livingspeedbump does audio engineering too (can't recall if he has recorded his own music though). I myself have dabbled in mixing live shows as a hobby as well.

Offline gorillionaire

• really gorilly
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 20:57:01 »
I don't think half a day is really long enough to wait to declare that "nobody" is a music producer around here. I know that youngmichael88 has produced his own music, and I've seen others with gear that indicates they might as well. livingspeedbump does audio engineering too (can't recall if he has recorded his own music though). I myself have dabbled in mixing live shows as a hobby as well.

my bad hoffman I didnt mean to muck up your boards my apologizes maybe ill write those guys

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 21:02:09 »
Did some recording/mastering in college as part of the recording studio on campus. Almost signed a second major in broadcasting/cinematic arts with a concentration in audio engineering. Don't have any of my own gear anymore. Would love to get back into recording. Music is my first love.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline gorillionaire

• really gorilly
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 21:04:24 »
Did some recording/mastering in college as part of the recording studio on campus. Almost signed a second major in broadcasting/cinematic arts with a concentration in audio engineering. Don't have any of my own gear anymore. Would love to get back into recording. Music is my first love.

whoa foreal?im self taught, im sure my mix is **** lol you dont really need anything but software anymore

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 21:05:09 »

my bad hoffman I didnt mean to muck up your boards my apologizes maybe ill write those guys

They're not "my boards", I'm just saying that you can't call a thread dead after 12 hours.

My story sounds similar to exitfire's - if music was a sure way to make a living I would have gone into audio engineering. Definitely a huge hobby of mine.  :thumb:

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 21:07:06 »

whoa foreal?im self taught, im sure my mix is **** lol you dont really need anything but software anymore

We had a fantastic program. Everybody in the program had known each other for years, and I was definitely the outsider coming in, but was welcomed with open arms. Had an absolute blast for the two years I did it, and learned more than I can probably remember. And for sure, software is all you need, but having a decent synth, midi board and eq board makes life a LOT easier!
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 21:09:53 »

We had a fantastic program. Everybody in the program had known each other for years, and I was definitely the outsider coming in, but was welcomed with open arms. Had an absolute blast for the two years I did it, and learned more than I can probably remember. And for sure, software is all you need, but having a decent synth, midi board and eq board makes life a LOT easier!

LIES..

You were just there to poach on the aspiring young female singers.. like everyone else..

Offline gorillionaire

• really gorilly
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 21:11:39 »

They're not "my boards", I'm just saying that you can't call a thread dead after 12 hours.

My story sounds similar to exitfire's - if music was a sure way to make a living I would have gone into audio engineering. Definitely a huge hobby of mine.  :thumb:

Yeah Ive kinda sat it to the side while I learn the basics of IT.....I really used to believe I could do something with it...then reality came lol my midi controllers have a dusty coating if you guys ever get some soft ware we could maybe remix some files or something Id love to get back into it

Offline Moistgun

• Slippery When Wet
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 22:24:58 »
Are you open to sharing some of your stuff?

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

Offline waitinginexile

• Nathan O.
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 22:19:48 »
I made an awful song for my friend's label that I do PR for as an April fool's day like 2 years ago. The idea was make it believable until the drop and have it all go to hell.

Recently though I wrote and recorded an emo kinda hardcore ep by myself with programmed drums and vst amp sims.
I kinda botched the mixing on one song in particular but I think I did a decent job. I'm more just proud of myself that I actually put something out with lyrics as personal to me as they are.
i am zeal-less i am feel-less

Offline Reigning Hell

• Forever Fiending 4 a V2
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 22:32:29 »
I've been hoping to work in learning on using LSDJ for my gameboy to make some chiptune music. Last time I tried, the tracker system was a bit weird for me to get into.
 But I've seen people do some mods to be able to use a keyboard, so maybe I can look into that because it seems easier to make the tracks.

Anyone have any chiptune experience??

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 19 May 2016, 15:26:03 »
I'm not a producer myself but I work in-industry.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 11:26:00 »
Hmm. I wanted to start a new thread but this seems the best place to post.

I make music now and again - anyone else still here that does? -

My link - https://soundcloud.com/seneca-secrets

A song - https://soundcloud.com/seneca-secrets/allons?in=seneca-secrets/sets/the-giving
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 March 2017, 11:28:26 by Mechboards »