Author Topic: SP - SA Sublimated - Ice Cap - Industrial!  (Read 30583 times)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: SP - SA Sublimated - Ice Cap - Industrial!
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 12:33:59 »
I'm kind of wishing they had chosen a different color for the extra keys though. The orange they chose makes it look like I'm typing on a bowl of potatoes and carrots. I will probably replace them with the blue keys from PuLSE someday.

It is the color of a fresh carrot, you're right!  I like it but I do agree that blue would look nice. In fact, I think almost any color would look nice.  A plus for the set I suppose.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #101 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 12:42:16 »
:D :D :D

I think reach them + urge them to add blue PBT Esc+Enter's as a separate kit

I'm extremely surprised why they don't have such kits for DSA/SA already, maybe they know better, instead of paying $40 for an Esc+Enter pack, people could be paying $500's chasing a dream colorscheme bit by bit (I did that with DSA's :( )
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline zslane

« Reply #102 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 13:02:08 »

I don't mind using the double-shot ABS keys from PuLSE. At least the legends are black like these PBT keys. I can also use the original PuLSE R3 Shift keys that I don't use anymore now that I have the R4 Shift keys from the PuLSE "fix it" kit.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #103 on: Wed, 26 October 2016, 13:35:10 »

I don't mind using the double-shot ABS keys from PuLSE. At least the legends are black like these PBT keys. I can also use the original PuLSE R3 Shift keys that I don't use anymore now that I have the R4 Shift keys from the PuLSE "fix it" kit.

Sadly I don't have any other SA sets to mix and match with, but I guess that's all the more incentive to pick up some Grab Bags the next time they become available!  Always need a good rationalization for shelling out all of my money on plastic bits.

Offline zslane

« Reply #104 on: Sat, 29 October 2016, 12:27:11 »
I put Industrial on my Pok3r and used two PuLSE keys to mark where the FN keys are (I used the DIP switches to make the capslock key into another FN key):

151505-0

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #105 on: Sat, 29 October 2016, 12:32:11 »
Looks awesome
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 17:58:59 »
lol sorry to necro the thread but I was looking at them again today, so I added them to my cart just to see how much it would cost.

Ice Cap
Tenkeyless ($95) + Number pad ($34) + Shipping to Canada ($16.73) = $145.73 USD

$145.73 USD is quite a lot for just keycaps, but they're unique in its own way as to there are not that many Row 3 SA available so I kind of see why.

So for the owners out there would you say it was worth the high premium?

I might have some extra cash coming in so I was debating to treat myself to either this or FC980C ($259 + shipping $30.90) during Christmas (2 months away).

What do you guys think?

I guess the keycap would be half the price but the other is full keyboard + Topre switch.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 October 2017, 18:11:56 by Hyde »

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline zslane

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 18:10:35 »
There aren't very many pure BoW sets in SA out there. Round 5/6 sets are the only other ones I know of, though they are fully sculptured double-shot ABS instead of uniform R3 dyesub PBT. So, really, if you are looking for full coverage BoW in SA, Ice Cap is your only option. That alone might make it worth the cost. But the fact that it is PBT might also push it into the win column for you, even though they don't have the typical matte texture you usually expect from PBT keycaps.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 18:31:20 »
Yeah funny thing about me is that I already had the Filco Doubleshot (SA 2 2 3 3 3 3) and I find the Row 2 actually bugs me.  That's when I know I prefer all Row 3.

As you mentioned there aren't many BoW sets in SA.  To be honest I think most of the all Row 3 SA sets all have weird colour scheme, nothing that looks clean and classy like this one.  >____>

I also tried PBT DSA and I find it too rough, so knowing that this is more matte is actually a huge plus for me (I didn't mind the glossy ABS SA).

I guess Christmas is still 2 months away so I have some time to think about it.  :P

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline zslane

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 19:14:22 »
SP's PBT SA keycaps are not matte. They are the same semi-matte (they should be called semi-gloss if you ask me) as their ABS SA keycaps. In fact, they are virtually indistinguishable from each other apart from the fact that the PBT won't become glossy (the way ABS will) for a rather long time.

Offline Hyde

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 18:21:36 »
lol okay that's good for me then, I prefer the glossy side.

Now the biggest question will be FC980C or Ice Cap.  HMMMMMM the dilemma lol.

I know those are 2 very different things but it's the last 2 things I want to try.