Author Topic: Vintage Westinghouse/NCR keyboard assembly, $64.99 shipped  (Read 2140 times)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Vintage Westinghouse/NCR keyboard assembly, $64.99 shipped
« on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 00:15:24 »
Westinghouse NCR Keyboard Assembly W1642 NCR Vintage Airline Ticketing Prop

BIN $64.99, free shipping

I have no idea what's in it, but great spherical caps, and it looks like it's built like the proverbial tank.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline ekeppel

Re: Vintage Westinghouse/NCR keyboard assembly, $64.99 shipped
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 07:45:56 »
That's a pretty cool looking keyboard.  It sure does look to be heavily built.  I wonder what type of switch is used in these?  Perhaps it's old enough to have some sort of solenoid or something like some early keyboards had.  There certainly appears to be a lot of space for that sort of thing judging by the height of the case.

I found a youtube video showing a similar keyboard in use and it sounds pretty clicky.  Of course it's always hard to gauge these things from a recording.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 08:02:41 »
KT F&F from what I understood (the earlier type).
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 01 March 2017, 02:34:14 »
That's a pretty cool looking keyboard... I found a youtube video showing a similar keyboard in use...

Man, how'd you find something so similar? Though the layout's a bit different—no doubt those were specified by the customers—it's obviously by the same maker. I'm impressed with your sleuthing skills.

KT F&F from what I understood (the earlier type).

I'd assume that too. Sure is neat-looking, though... For that kind of dough, I'd be tempted to get it just to admire it, rather than trying to make it useful. It's not the kind of thing you can pick up whenever you wish.

Looks like the back's been oversprayed, so I assume the front was too. Too bad that whoever did it used a matte finish—obviously glossy would've been more authentic.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg