Author Topic: Hi From Melbourne  (Read 1249 times)

Offline aeberbach

Hi From Melbourne
« on: Tue, 07 March 2017, 17:25:15 »
Hi, I'm new but have loved keyboards for a very long time... I have used a lot of different ones. there was the Atari 400 membrane that barely counted, same for the PCjr chiclets. The Model M I used to play Infocom adventures on, the DEC keyboard I found on a workstation and special ordered for my PC, the pretty good Keytronics rubber dome, the Mac ALPS "Pro" keyboard, Apple's awful successor to that, the even worse brittle plastic Mathias clicky with two USB cables, the ground breaking FILCO brown. I have never bought a Topre but I am curious.

I don't have much interest in RGB, artisan caps or little boards, am mainly into retro-look boards with SA. I currently love the CODE full-size keyboard because it is configurable by switch (works anywhere no drivers) and because it comes in Cherry clear. What got me into alternative key sets was the backlit replacements for the code seem to be no longer available and I hated the Tai Hao backlits I found as nearest equivalent. I have three of these - two with the SP "Industrial" set, the third with the default set. By now I hoped to have the SP "Dasher" but delivery on that one has been pushed out to August. Going back to an OEM profile when I need to use that board feels like cutting my fingers! Soon as I satisfy Classifieds forum rules I hope to pick up any SA set to keep going until August.

- Adam
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 March 2017, 18:49:00 by aeberbach »

Offline M4dn3ss

Re: Hi From Melbourne
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 10 March 2017, 22:53:22 »
Hi from Melbourne to you too  :thumb: