Author Topic: Wireless 75% keyboard?  (Read 6549 times)

Offline online

Wireless 75% keyboard?
« on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 09:29:08 »
Hi everyone,

Just got my very first mechanical keyboard - Filco tkl convertible. Really love it. Ordered set of DSA keycaps for it. Can't wait!

I like the clean look without empty space between keys on 60%, but I need the function and arrow keys. It seems like 75% is the one I'm looking for.

However, after hours of searching, there are no bluetooth/2.4g wireless 75% in the market.

Can anyone suggest a wireless 75% if it's exist.

Offline zpcomstock17

Re: Wireless 75% keyboard?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 11 March 2017, 10:16:19 »
Wireless keyboards and 75% keyboards are uncommon since they're personal preference over what the general consumer wants. Most mechanical keyboard users are using TKL or 100% boards and go corded with USB.
Your best bet is custom building your own 75% keyboard and hooking up a wireless module to the Teensy controller.
That's the best and only solution for you.
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 March 2017, 10:22:05 by zpcomstock17 »

Offline zutroy

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 12 March 2017, 07:41:29 »
Hi everyone,

Just got my very first mechanical keyboard - Filco tkl convertible. Really love it. Ordered set of DSA keycaps for it. Can't wait!

I like the clean look without empty space between keys on 60%, but I need the function and arrow keys. It seems like 75% is the one I'm looking for.

However, after hours of searching, there are no bluetooth/2.4g wireless 75% in the market.

Can anyone suggest a wireless 75% if it's exist.

Noppoo sold a wireless Choc Mini at one time, and it was even on Massdrop I believe: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/noppoo-choc-wireless

If I remember, though, the reviews were quite mixed. It might be worth posting in the Classifieds to see if someone happens to have one lying around.

Otherwise, what zpcomstock17 said.

Offline online

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 17:51:55 »
Thanks for reply.
I thought the Choc Mini is the perfect choice, until I found out the spacebar is not a standard one...
I guess I have to go custom build route.

Offline zslane

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 17:57:13 »
The Plum Nano 75 would be what you're looking for. Unfortunately you can only get it from Amazon Germany at the moment, and they won't ship to the U.S. Moreover, it is absurdly priced at over €200.

Offline Philister

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 16:51:43 »
Well, there's the Rapoo KX but it's somewhat flawed (horrible irreplacable keycaps, F-row is realized through cheap touchpad-type keys, most people don't like the unusual layout). Has yellow Kailh switches which makes for an interesting change, though...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 17:08:13 »
Minila Air?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline zslane

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 18:08:51 »
Ugh. That thing is disease-ridden with all kinds of non-standard layout keys. Stay away from that thing if you want any hope of putting a keycaps set of your own choosing on it someday.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 12:40:51 »
Ugh. That thing is disease-ridden with all kinds of non-standard layout keys. Stay away from that thing if you want any hope of putting a keycaps set of your own choosing on it someday.

I do like the layout, though.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline online

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 16:53:46 »
thanks for the suggestion guys. I ordered the plum 85 and high profile keycap set on massdrop recently. looking forward to have it!!

i'm still looking out for another one with dedicated arrow keys tho. :rolleyes:

Offline technicus

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 13:56:30 »
So.. I know this is a bit late but there is a BT keyboard that might be what you want:

http://amzn.to/2vc4NUo

I've been using them since 2010. For me, I like the layout, lack of numberpad, and that's it's an ergo style with the curvature to it. Downsides are that they require alkaline batteries as if you use rechargeable it doesn't seem to behave properly as the voltage begins to drop and that they do not seem to last very long, like 12-18 months before they have to be replaced as the keys will just stop responding. Also, what's kind of annoying is that the Fn keys are on the option and not on the F1-F12 it seems and I can't seem to swap that role, wish I could though.

Also, the price. It seems to be at $50 now but if you hunt around or wait you can find them for $20-$30 or so. When that happens I buy two of them.

I am actively looking for a replacement. I do need dedicated arrow and would like function keys as my recent endeavor with a 60% did work as well as I had hoped.

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 21:47:22 »
Plum96?
  Quoting me causes a posting error that you need to ignore.

Offline Cotay

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 22:56:33 »

It isn't that difficult. Heck, I don't even own a Minila and I have three sets that would work on it. You may not be able to get a GMK set, but there are DSA/SA sets that will work and several less expensive PBT sets from Taobao/Aliexpress that foot the bill (even in Cherry profile). Even XDA Godspeed currently on MD supports it.
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 August 2017, 00:54:04 by Cotay »