Author Topic: New $ynth . Love it!  (Read 2807 times)

Offline Sirgeorge

New $ynth . Love it!
« on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 19:41:03 »
163335-0

God, I'm going to enjoy using this.

Offline SKD

• * Vendor
Re: New $ynth . Love it!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 04:03:34 »
Be careful using a knife on it. They are now made of aluminium, like cheese compared to the last synths that were made from some kind of steel.

Offline sems

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 06:20:28 »
What? I missed the sale? Damn....

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 11:35:45 »

To reiterate what sems said, what? When did these go back up for sale?

Offline hadekele

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 12:03:05 »

I may be wrong, but it looks like v1.5. Defective bunch. You can ask techkeys for a defective synth for a discounted price,

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 12:04:52 »

I may be wrong, but it looks like v1.5. Defective bunch. You can ask techkeys for a defective synth for a discounted price,
This, there are a few "defective" synth v1.5s floating around and this looks like one of em.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Vloshko

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 12:31:24 »
I'd love to make a graphite version of a $ynth. I've been a professional Glassblower for 11 years now and it would be so much fun to make Borosilicate glass keycaps.
Keycap Compendium

Discord: Vloshko#1327

Key Cap Wishlist

2019: Configure Optimal Audio Settings

HHKB Pro 2, Model M, Unicorn X Legend, ESPECTRO 96, SaiB CP, E8-V1.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 14:26:55 »
I'd love to make a graphite version of a $ynth. I've been a professional Glassblower for 11 years now and it would be so much fun to make Borosilicate glass keycaps.

People have made molds of the synth and cast them to increase their production capabilities while decreasing overall cost so something like that is probably possible. The only hold I'd have about glass keycaps would be the stem, getting something that thin but still strong seems like it'd require a ton of testing or a separate plastic stem insert.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline hadekele

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 16:02:43 »

People have made molds of the synth and cast them to increase their production capabilities while decreasing overall cost so something like that is probably possible. The only hold I'd have about glass keycaps would be the stem, getting something that thin but still strong seems like it'd require a ton of testing or a separate plastic stem insert.

Can I cast the $ynth using resin? Ahaha, would Mann Release 200 stop the resins from binding to each other?

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 16:11:52 »

Can I cast the $ynth using resin? Ahaha, would Mann Release 200 stop the resins from binding to each other?
I honestly don't know, I'm terrible at chemistry.

Binge, ETF, or someone with more resin/casting experience should have the answer.

Offline xiaoxuesheng

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 22:14:35 »
Have I been waiting for it and started selling it? Can the sales address be given a link?

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 22:44:22 »
Have I been waiting for it and started selling it? Can the sales address be given a link?

The first v1.5 production run had issues so we're working with a few shops to try and find a factory that can produce the Synths to our tolerances and quality standards. The sale will be announced by Binge in the Synth thread and the Synths will be available through Techkeys.

Offline brennan08512

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 00:39:46 »

The first v1.5 production run had issues so we're working with a few shops to try and find a factory that can produce the Synths to our tolerances and quality standards. The sale will be announced by Binge in the Synth thread and the Synths will be available through Techkeys.

Can't wait for these to come out.