Author Topic: Another keyboard monster appears!  (Read 1881 times)

Offline Bspatial

• Kotaku
Another keyboard monster appears!
« on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 01:36:46 »
Do you people know how long it has been since I've used a forum? Ages. Simply ages.

My name is Fahey, I write for a website. I've written about keyboards in the past. I shall write about them in the future, only from a more informed position, thanks to the kindness of the keyboard enthusiast community and the addictive nature of good keys. My keyboard journey only began around the turn of 2017, but I am making good progress. I've gone from buying pretty Ducky and Filco things to participating in Reddit group buys for keyboards that don't exist yet.

This year was also the first year I soldered anything. I started with a blinking light kit I bought from Amazon. Then, against the recommendation o f some nice folks I met at the Atlanta meetup in April, I took on building a Let's Split. I soldered one of the Pro Micro's on the wrong side of one of the boards, but then I clipped it off, pulled the pins and resoldered them the right way. Several days later (after realizing pin 3 on the left side needed some more solder) I had a working split mini. I've since build a lovely Clueboard with Zeals slightly heavier than I should have picked and an SA Grade kit I picked up from PMK. I have two more kits coming, a Mechmini and . . . you know you have a problem when you spend $180 on a kit and don't remember which one it is. The 60 percent with the function keys on the left side. That one.

I've also been buying and selling far too much on /r/mechmarket.

Anyway, enough rambling from me. Looking forward to making the move to reading Geekhack to actively participating. Thanks for having me!

Offline raxander

Re: Another keyboard monster appears!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 10:46:27 »
don't remember which one it is. The 60 percent with the function keys on the left side. That one.
RedScarf 78 maybe?  Welcome!

Offline Bspatial

• Kotaku
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 11:18:18 »
I wish. But no, it's the Sentrac s65 Plus: https://sentraq.com/products/gb-s65-plus-diy-keyboard-kit. Those extra keys on the side are going to make Final Fantasy XIV easier. >.>

And thanks for the welcome!

Offline Gouty

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 08:18:23 »
Damn, talk about jumping in feet first
« Last Edit: Tue, 18 July 2017, 08:20:02 by Gouty »