Author Topic: [IC] Joyland - A Cherry Profile Keycap Set  (Read 23048 times)

Offline neon_tom

Re: [IC] Joyland - A Cherry Profile Keycap Set
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 15:53:48 »
I agree with Vigrith I would buy as a bonus pack but would prefer to have the option. Still gonna buy regardless.

Ditto

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 01:14:10 »
I love the look of highlighted alphas!!! So cute <3

Offline losskutleboys

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 15:23:43 »
An idea for novelties. Maybe "closed for the season" legend for some keys. It's a bit sad though. But it gives some sort of "feelings" to it.
My comfort food is instant ramen

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 17:13:40 »
An idea for novelties. Maybe "closed for the season" legend for some keys. It's a bit sad though. But it gives some sort of "feelings" to it.

This is a great idea, something like "out of order" would be nice as well... But how could we implement such a long phrase in small keycap? I couldn't think of a symbol that could represent this but perhaps you have some idea.

I prefer the straight up standard alphas personally if I were to have to choose - however, if you can include those highlights for a reasonable price as a bonus rather than straight up replacing the regular ones, then I'm absolutely all for it. Shouldn't be too hard right? Considering this is meant to be ran by an affordable manufacturer, I think that sounds feasible.

Nice, that's the idea - to offer grey legends on the base kit (present on OP) and a novelty kit containing pink highlights for the JOYLAND letters (and extra stuff that we are currently brainstorming about).

I like that joy land alpha differential idea. Something not common which would be cool to see. Only thing similar I know is the valentine pulse but it's not really the same. It would be neat to get actual "novelties" that made those letters similar font to the actual amusement park. Like where they are tilted on the logo. Could draw up a sample image if can't visualize.

All for helping those savage colevrak people out even though I'm a lame qwerty.

If we could ever get novelties, I think there could be plenty good potential for a symbols mod pack that utilize the park features as follows:

Roller coaster track as shifts

The figure 8 arrow on the logo mixture as the enter or backspace

Merry go round as caps/function

Ferries wheel as GUI key

Things of that nature.

The idea is indeed to offer a novelty kit with some cute symbols resembling the amusement park plus the JOYLAND pink highlights.

I believe that a a kit containing 10 novelty keycaps would be ideal, assuming that we already have 7 (JOYLAND letters) on pink we now need 3 icons of some sort. Your ideas are all great, I'm trying to come up with a bumper car icon, a carousel of some sort and I'd like to have a clown as well. I believe the carousel could potentially be hard to recognize, hence I thought about a roller coaster car. But assuming that we already go with the bumper car it could be a bit boring to have 2 cars and a clown. What do you guys think?

As a bit of an update, I'm including renders that I was supposed to include the other day but didn't manage to post, sorry about that. They are also available here on a dedicated slideshow (in case resolution here turns out to be bad).

Offline breckstar

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 20:12:17 »
The idea is indeed to offer a novelty kit with some cute symbols resembling the amusement park plus the JOYLAND pink highlights.

I believe that a a kit containing 10 novelty keycaps would be ideal, assuming that we already have 7 (JOYLAND letters) on pink we now need 3 icons of some sort. Your ideas are all great, I'm trying to come up with a bumper car icon, a carousel of some sort and I'd like to have a clown as well. I believe the carousel could potentially be hard to recognize, hence I thought about a roller coaster car. But assuming that we already go with the bumper car it could be a bit boring to have 2 cars and a clown. What do you guys think?
I agree the bumper car and roller coaster car would be too much. Maybe some other type of amusement game? Ringtoss, Bullseye, hammer swing, skee ball? Maybe other things associated with parks: an entry ticket, cotton candy, popcorn container? Seems like there could be so many items to plow through :p

I guess my first thought for those would be replacements for 1x1 'ESC' and 2x1.25 'GUI'
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 April 2017, 20:14:44 by breckstar »

Offline JDT79

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 20:45:51 »
Found this pic looking up Joyland pretty awesome!

Offline Midnight2shayla

• JunkDrawer KeyCaps
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 15:33:03 »
Absolutely love the set - I can't wait for it to come out.
I think a simplistic carousel would be adorable, but some other things that I, personally, think of with theme parks are: neon signs over attractions, cotton candy, and souvenir teddy bears. I think, as someone said, a sign would be absolutely adorable - maybe if it just said "joyland" or another short phrase?

Looking forward to seeing this progress :D
Sculpt Happy

Offline atomicus

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 07:38:17 »
No ISO on this makes me sad.  :-[

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 21:22:05 »
The more I look at it the more I like it. Can't wait for updates!

Offline SICAR187

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 23:57:25 »
+1 Voted!

Offline tacahiroy

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 05 June 2017, 18:44:47 »
This white (light gray?) and green mods + pink accent  is awesome!
Having Ergodox and Planck sets is more plus!!

Offline mongoosedog12

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 00:04:56 »
Looks super cute and amazing! I'll be holding out for this one. Can't wait for the GB  :)

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 04:45:58 »
I love this! Is it being made or shelved?

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 13:55:06 »

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news, it seems the project has been completely killed off. Joyland has completely disappeared from mitormk's website as well. I too was very looking forward to this set, but alas doesn't seem like this kit is happening anytime soon.

Offline jihadu

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 08:25:24 »
It's kinda of a bummer. I was really looking forward to it

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 01:12:05 »

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news, it seems the project has been completely killed off. Joyland has completely disappeared from mitormk's website as well. I too was very looking forward to this set, but alas doesn't seem like this kit is happening anytime soon.

uh I asked MiTo about this on Instagram as I have a project in mind with sort of similar colors and he indicated that Joyland is not shelved, still a work in progress with an uncertain timeline

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 21:22:11 »
Interest: Check.

Offline crtexcnndrm99

• *profile image used without permission* ;)
« Reply #67 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 09:25:43 »
My only idea would be to have the colours 'richer' (if that makes sense), to avoid it looking washed out and potentially like the cheap ugliest Tai-Hao miami set :shudder:
You're a smooth smoothie, you know? ~ Gaear Grimsrud

Offline PRkeys

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 03 December 2017, 12:47:03 »
This is a great idea, something like "out of order" would be nice as well... But how could we implement such a long phrase in small keycap? I couldn't think of a symbol that could represent this but perhaps you have some idea.

I really like this set and loved the idea even more after learning more about the park's history. Expanding on these ideas quoted I think it would be nice to have two sets of novelty themes or modifiers: One with the standard more joyful theme icons reminiscent of when the park was still open :llama:, and a second set with a darker theme from the abandoned years. :'( Maybe even use colors or fonts that give a more rusted look on the darker set or more vibrant colors on the joyful side. 

The long text could be split among the bigger modifiers like the Enter/R Shift, CAPS/L Shift or even the spacebar if possible. The icons could have broken down machines like seen here:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/gavon/joyland-the-abandoned-amusement-park

Offline andysun

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 09 December 2017, 17:08:55 »
This is one gorgeous set, I hope it goes live!

Offline seville57

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 22:49:07 »
This is one gorgeous set, I hope it goes live!
Me too.