Author Topic: Assembly an E8-V1  (Read 2258 times)

Offline kuang2

Assembly an E8-V1
« on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 11:34:12 »
Hi everyone,

I'm Kuang2 from Viet Nam. My first computer was a 286, many many years ago, but the first time I turn it on, I know computer will be my best friend forever. Then all craziest things was tried: overclocking, modding, water cooling and ... custom keyboard. My first custom keyboard was b.mini with Gateron, acrylic case from winkeyless.kr in 2015. In two years, i have  a lot of experience with Korean Custom Keyboard such as Duck Poker, Octagon, Orion, Blackbird, Eagle/Viper, TX series, LZ Iron, Dolphin, and tons of b.series, GON Nerd ..., Chinese Custom Keyboard such as FMJ, Matrix, Revo, BTF, ZZ96 ...  and ofcourse, all my Vietnamese friends as Triviumtek, bdtbinh and VNMK. Now I join with E-Team (a Vietnamese and Chinese Team) as Technical Support. Today I will assembly an E8-V1, our first lovely TKL project.

This kit is prototype, so it will not look exactly as the final version.

I will use cherry black switch from a old WYSE keyboard.

This keyboard was made in 1996, which is still very smooth now compare to new Cherry MX Black.

You can see top cover and Cherry logo quiet diffrent with others.

All the switches was desoldered by my Hakko, WYSE used both PCB and plate mount stabiliser on their keyboard.

All switches was opened for cleaning. WYSE switch only have 3 foots, and no in-switch diode. Spring have gold color (not same with 18K gold sprit sping), and lighter than new black.

A closer look at the switch

Put all in to ultrasonic cleaner

I add some dish soap, set temperature at 50oC, clean in 15 minutes. After that, I let it dry in one day.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
Re: Assembly an E8-V1
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 12:10:29 »
Are you going to relube the switches? I'd imagine that ultrasonic cleaner gets rid of any existing lube on the switches

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Re: Assembly an E8-V1
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 03 April 2017, 12:24:38 »
Nice set of work in progress photos.  Ultrasonic cleaner?  That's an interesting idea. 
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -