Author Topic: Greetings From NC  (Read 1971 times)

Offline DaBubbs

Greetings From NC
« on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 20:26:14 »
I have been perusing this site many times throughout the years and I have always have gotten great info. Thanks! I figured it was time to join.

I have my masters in computer engineering but now work as a financial advisor / consultant. Back in my engineering days, I worked at a number of engineering companies but my favorite was IBM. That is where I reconnected with mechanical keyboards. It was crazy how many mechanical keyboards they had lying around in the corner of labs. It reminded me of using mechanical keyboards growing up.

I finally got fed up with cheap keyboards a few years ago and started looking around for the "best" keyboard. I obviously found my way here and found my way back to mechanical keyboards.

Right now I have a clear Cherry MX Code 104 with PBT cherry profile keys. I have drank the Topre Kool-Aid a little and I have a FC660C on the way in the next week. I also picked up a MX brown FC210 to help with my financial spreadsheet data entering.

My family think I am crazy for my new hobby... and my wife knows I am crazy. Anyway, at least when I get them to try my Code keyboard, they appreciate it.
When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid.

Offline DaBubbs

Re: Greetings From NC
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 04 May 2017, 12:07:30 »
When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 18:41:15 »
Welcome fellow carolinian.  :thumb:
-Dana

Offline DaBubbs

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 05 May 2017, 21:04:08 »
Welcome fellow carolinian.  :thumb:
Thanks!  :thumb:

You are right up the road. I live in Rolesville... and used to live in Cary.