Author Topic: Vertical mouse, $17  (Read 2494 times)

Offline dotancohen

• Dotan Cohen
Vertical mouse, $17
« on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 02:31:40 »
I just got an email for this vertical mouse for $17:
http://www.banggood.com/DELUXColorful-M618-Wire-Vertical-Holding-Healthy-Anti-mouse-Hand-Mouse-p-981529.html

Note that I've never used the mouse in this promotion, but I am a very happy user of the Evoluent vertical mouse and I highly recommend it:
https://evoluent.com/

Offline xmagusx

• QWERTY is hateful.
    • The Ergonomic Zone
Re: Vertical mouse, $17
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 07:27:45 »
Similar model, but different make & wireless version available on Amazon for $23:

https://www.amazon.com/J-Tech-Digital-Endurance-Adjustable-Sensitivity/dp/B00TJ56XD0

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 04:02:48 »
Does anyone know where I can get a diagonal mouse? Slanted to the right, preferably.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 21:26:26 »
Does anyone know where I can get a diagonal mouse? Slanted to the right, preferably.

Yes. [Evoluent is the the most horrible abomination ever perpetrated on computer users. True "vertical" mice are the worst.]

I used the Wow Pen Joy mouse for a few years and liked it, and replaced the button switches with vintage Omrons, which was a significant improvement, but it did not age well.

On Spam Ray's recommendation I bought an Anker which is almost ideal. I don't use it in the conventional way, however, I keep my hand somewhat behind it and mostly use my fingertips. It is great, but only available for right hand. I keep mice on both sides, so I still have to use a symmetric Microsoft Optical Mouse on the left.

https://deskthority.net/other-devices-f3/vertical-mouse-reviews-and-observations-t4433.html

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline dotancohen

• Dotan Cohen

Offline dotancohen

• Dotan Cohen
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 09:24:23 »
Yes. [Evoluent is the the most horrible abomination ever perpetrated on computer users. True "vertical" mice are the worst.]

We'll have to disagree on that point! I absolutely love my Evoluent, and so do most people who stick with it for a few days. Only the graphics artists seemed to dislike it.

I would say that moving to a vertical mouse is like moving to a tented keyboard. It takes some acclimatization, but the benefits become clear.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 17:27:14 »
The problem with a truly "vertical" mouse is the "equal and opposite reaction" principle that forces the mouse to move in the opposite direction to the click unless the thumb is actively restraining it, adding a significant muscle group into the mix and decreasing lateral stability.

A "diagonal" mouse achieves the best of both worlds by giving the wrist a natural angle while allowing fingers to work without requiring the thumb to be actively involved in a "pinching/resisting" scenario.

But there was considerable discussion of that in the other thread on DT.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 20:40:22 »
A "diagonal" mouse achieves the best of both worlds by giving the wrist a natural angle while allowing fingers to work without requiring the thumb to be actively involved in a "pinching/resisting" scenario.

That was just something I made up, but sometimes the best ideas have their origins in jocularity.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg