Author Topic: Model M Screw Modding  (Read 3769 times)

Offline Gouty

Model M Screw Modding
« on: Sat, 13 May 2017, 19:28:12 »
I've owned and refurbished a fair few Model Ms in my time, until now I was fortunate enough that they had enough of the rivets in place not to require bolt or screw modding.  Unfortunately my most recent acquisition is missing a lot of rivets though (I counted 24 and some more are loose)

I've done a fair bit of research into bolt/screw modding and decided that the best route to take would be to screw mod it.  The only problem is I can't find any information on what size screws to use, or what guide hole to

The closest I have come is this thread that recommends 2-56 x 5/16 screws and a 0.070" diameter pilot hole.

Does any else have any recommendations for what to use or a rough conversion for the drill bit and screws above in metric?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Model M Screw Modding
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 14 May 2017, 09:34:46 »
Check my response on DT.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Gouty

Re: Model M Screw Modding
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 14 May 2017, 18:50:34 »
Cheers buddy.  I figured a buckling spring question would get more love on DT but thought it was worth a try here too!

In case anyone is interested: https://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/model-m-screw-modding-t16578.html