Author Topic: F-XT in "cherry, like new condition"—except it's dirty and rusted (you know)  (Read 1837 times)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Vintage IBM 5-Pin 83-Key Model F Personal Computer Cherry Keyboard 5150 5160 XT

168920-0

168922-1

"Vintage IBM XT 5150 5160 Keyboard 83-Key Keyboard in excellent like new condition..."

Except that it's really dirty, and the back is rusted, and the cable's split.

"...This is a very excellent and sought after mechanical keyboard. NEEDS CLEANING, I can try my best before shipping!"

So go ahead and order it and see what I consider "clean". And if I'm ambitious enough to try to disassemble and reassemble it, you'll see how much I know about doing that without breaking it. And maybe I'll sand the rust off and put some paint over that. Indeed, who knows what sort of "like new condition" this board could be in by the time it reaches you? Buh-ha-ha!!

:?D
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Oh, and it's listed as "For parts or not working"—but don't worry, it's in "9/10 condition".  LOL

168924-0
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline JP

I sent a lowball offer on this one long ago and didn't get any bites. Sure it could be restored but at this price it is not worth it. Enough XT's in good condition still hit the market. This almost should be the opposite of great finds like the $300 XT I seen in similar condition. I guess as a consolation these things rarely die.
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 May 2017, 21:37:52 by JP »
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Goofy things like these come up regularly—but when we post them here, they seem too sarcastic. So I've proposed a new forum section where we can yock about such stuff without annoying peeps looking for genuine deals.