Author Topic: Burstcap56 - 50% keyboard w/ ortholinear layout  (Read 2515 times)

Offline SNReloaded

Burstcap56 - 50% keyboard w/ ortholinear layout
« on: Fri, 19 May 2017, 22:50:46 »
Hey there everyone! I'm working on an ortholinear keyboard that is 2u wider, inspired by the planck!

I would initially be testing the layout as a handwired build, but hopefully if I get good enough at pcb design, I could set this up with a full out PCB.

Anyways, Here is the keyboard layout!
168785-0

Offline Bob

• Kaleidographer
Re: Burstcap56 - 50% keyboard w/ ortholinear layout
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 20:42:04 »
If you've got that many columns you should consider having the arrow keys in a standard configuration rather than spread in a line. I'm also not really understanding your reasoning behind having ' and " represented as separate keys, nor vol up and vol down (volume could just be attached to fn up arrow and fn down arrow. That's three extra keys you have to play with right there. Personally I'd probably move them to the bottom row as additional space keys - two 2u split maybe. Alternatively one 2u key could be space and the other could be return.
TG3 BL82, Cherry MX clears
Access IS 15x8 matrix layout, Cherry MX blacks

Offline ChitownM2

Re: Burstcap56 - 50% keyboard w/ ortholinear layout
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 20:51:28 »
Interesting idea. I'd probably check out the layout of sub-atomic but that is down the road as you can mess with that later once you have it built.