Author Topic: From AEK to crap and back to mech :)  (Read 1840 times)

Offline Username?

From AEK to crap and back to mech :)
« on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 10:47:29 »
Hi all.

Worked and lived AEKs back in the days but went astray during the years.
A year ago I got to a point when I just could not handle Apples crappy domes anymore.
So I decided I had to get back onto the mech path again.

Dug up a couple of AEKs, bought a Realforce and rediscovered the light.
Picked up a couple of NovaTouch. I even ordered some PBT sets.

Here I am and hope to join the community and make some friends.
/mynameis

Offline antquinonez

Re: From AEK to crap and back to mech :)
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 11:06:19 »
Isn't it good to realize, hey, I don't have to put up with this garbage? I've used the Apple Extended Keyboards, of course, and they were nice. Huge but nice.

Offline Username?

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 11:50:23 »
Yes it was a great feeling. It make you wonder why you actually accepted typing on such poor keyboards when there are an ocean of great ones.

Anyway I'm happy to be back.
/mynameis

Offline antquinonez

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 21:54:58 »
I was just using whatever my employer was giving me to use and whatever came with my computer for home. I was 'borrowing' a few keyboards from work for home, and only after wrecking whatever I was using, did I go out and buy a keyboard, a shoddy wireless Logitech keyboard mouse combo, which was worse than what I had before...and then, here, I am, rocking the old stuff. I keep looking at the new stuff and what I see is: too much cost, weird-ill thought out designs, poor quality; and not just one or the other but a combination of poor qualities)...I don't know what if any modern keyboard will satisfy my love for quality and reasonable cost. I'm digging my new-old stock 2005 Unicomp Model M, but the rest of my stuff is pre-windows 95 mechanicals.

Offline OneNightFriend

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 15:19:44 »
Welcome! I had a day where I forgot to bring my mech back to work and it was the worst. Don't think I'm ever looking back now!

Offline Username?

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 09:21:01 »
Thanks guys. Happy to be here.

It s scary how much keyboard misery many of us have accepted through out the years.
Thankfully we can make it alright again.

Being an Mac user for 25 years it have been down hill quality wise for many years. I feel it's time for Apple to get back on the quality mechanical path again.
/mynameis