Author Topic: Televideo Space Invader Board, Teensy  (Read 2802 times)

Offline OldIsNew

Televideo Space Invader Board, Teensy
« on: Wed, 16 August 2017, 23:11:02 »
I've been curious about the Hi-Tek 725 "Space Invader" switches and was able to pick up a Televideo ASCII 935  board (at least I think that's the model based on the back of the PCB) with white linear space invaders on the cheap. I  mapped out the matrix and wired up the Teensy and am now actually able to use it.

176055-0            176061-1            176057-2

They're pretty nice linear switches.  While it's certainly not the most attractive board I've ever seen, I overall kind of like it!

176059-3

Offline _haru

• Formerly linuxfanatic
  • Back from the dead
Re: Televideo Space Invader Board, Teensy
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 00:02:40 »
That is one HELL of a long spacebar.
AMJ60 - 45g MX White | GH60 Rev. C - Ghost Gateron Blacks | DFK101 - Alps SKCM Cream | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL - 62g Vintage MX Ergo Clear

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 08:06:32 »
Does that have the RJ14 connection? Those have proven quite problematic in the past.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline OldIsNew

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 08:41:25 »
Does that have the RJ14 connection? Those have proven quite problematic in the past.

I didn't think to post a pic of the connector before. It is a RJ type connector:

176083-0          176085-1

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 08:50:13 »
I have been through several Televideos, the only one that I was able to get working was one where the pins were labeled on the controller and I could clearly see data, clock, power, ground, etc. The rest have proven to use wildly different protocol.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 09:03:00 »
Ahh the Medium Ass Enter.  When you cant decide if BAE or ANSI.

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline OldIsNew

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 09:25:13 »
I have been through several Televideos, the only one that I was able to get working was one where the pins were labeled on the controller and I could clearly see data, clock, power, ground, etc. The rest have proven to use wildly different protocol.

I wasn't able to find out much about the board's protocol. I just went ahead and bypassed the whole issue by mapping out the matrix with a multimeter, desoldering the IC's and wiring the the appropriate matrix row/column IC pads to the Teensy. Maybe that approach is kind of "cheating" in a way but I wanted to use the board and hey it worked.

Offline 0100010

• Not Sure
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 10:17:19 »

I wasn't able to find out much about the board's protocol. I just went ahead and bypassed the whole issue by mapping out the matrix with a multimeter, desoldering the IC's and wiring the the appropriate matrix row/column IC pads to the Teensy. Maybe that approach is kind of "cheating" in a way but I wanted to use the board and hey it worked.

Quoting me causes a posting error that you need to ignore.