Author Topic: SNES classic pre orders at Best Buy  (Read 6123 times)

Offline AuthenticDanger

F Keys belong on the left.

Offline robotsokk

Re: SNES classic pre orders at Best Buy
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 01:24:04 »
Hopefully folks were able to nab one. They went quickly... I think I got my order through, just 15 min or so ago. Kept refreshing the page, and eventually got a pre-order button (guess from some orders that were canceled?)
@home      @work Swapping out boards... coming soon     wtb

Offline monkeysontoast

• Editor, dork, human - powered by pizza & nostalgia
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 01:51:42 »
Nooooo! I had this on notification from all major retailers, and did NOT receive an email. I'm pissed, especially after what happened with the Wal-Mart accidental pre-order.  :'( :mad:

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 02:09:10 »
Nooooo! I had this on notification from all major retailers, and did NOT receive an email. I'm pissed, especially after what happened with the Wal-Mart accidental pre-order.  :'( :mad:

Bummer :/ Yeah, those emails are frequently pretty slow/delayed. If you're not already set up, I'd suggest setting up NowInStock's Google Group for notifications (particularly the option to forward messages from the group to send a text to your phone via SMS gateway). The i4u "TheTracker" app seems to be timely, too.

NIS Google Group info: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/nowinstocknet-snes-classic-edition
@home      @work Swapping out boards... coming soon     wtb

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 11:57:37 »

I'm still pissed at Walmart even though I got in on BestBuy last night. It's shady to do a presale and then cancel all the orders. It's like they were gaging interest for some nefarious purpose.

Apparently Amazon had preorders in the middle of last night as well. I expect Walmart and Gamestop to have preorders VERY soon.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 12:00:54 »
I'll keep eyes out!  :eek:

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 13:43:15 »

I'm still pissed at Walmart even though I got in on BestBuy last night. It's shady to do a presale and then cancel all the orders. It's like they were gaging interest for some nefarious purpose.

Apparently Amazon had preorders in the middle of last night as well. I expect Walmart and Gamestop to have preorders VERY soon.

Well prepare to have your ass chapped again, because Walmart ****ed it up a second time today.  Pre-orders went live, were up for 5 minutes, tons of people got orders in, now they are all being cancelled.  Walmart again claims it was a glitch and there was not supposed to be a preorder, and that they don't plan on offering preorders AT ALL now on the SNES Classic.  What a ****show.

Offline monkeysontoast

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 14:14:15 »

Well prepare to have your ass chapped again, because Walmart ****ed it up a second time today.  Pre-orders went live, were up for 5 minutes, tons of people got orders in, now they are all being cancelled.  Walmart again claims it was a glitch and there was not supposed to be a preorder, and that they don't plan on offering preorders AT ALL now on the SNES Classic.  What a ****show.

What leads you to believe this? The Wal-Mart pre-order was not up for 5 minutes, it was up for under 30 seconds before it sold out. Only a few people over at the SNES Classic Reddit page, including myself, managed to get one. We have confirmation emails and cards have been charged. Do you have a link to the info you're posting?

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 14:16:27 »

What leads you to believe this? The Wal-Mart pre-order was not up for 5 minutes, it was up for under 30 seconds before it sold out. Only a few people over at the SNES Classic Reddit page, including myself, managed to get one. We have confirmation emails and cards have been charged. Do you have a link to the info you're posting?

https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/6vch76/walmart_cancellation_part_2_my_10030_est_order/

https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/6vcxfh/walmart_customer_service_is_saying_they_have_been/

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 14:29:47 »

https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/6vch76/walmart_cancellation_part_2_my_10030_est_order/

https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/6vcxfh/walmart_customer_service_is_saying_they_have_been/

What he said.

I'm just so ****ing salty about this **** at this point.  Retailers posting preorders at 1am, *******s like ThinkGeek and GS posting stupid bundles with ****ty addons that no one wants.  In store GS preorders going live while most of 9-5 working American's are stuck in the office.  I feel like I'm getting completely ****ed over when all I want to do is spend $80 on a little slice of my childhood because Nintendo and these retailers can't get their heads out of their asses to better meet demand.  Switch, NES Classic, Amiibo, basically anything Nintendo ****s out, stop with the artificial demand bull**** and MAKE MORE OF IT.

Offline monkeysontoast

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 14:33:01 »

Well, knock on wood, but one of those seems like a payment/individual issue, and the second either seems fake, or like an uninformed customer service rep. They didn't even state the correct release date. Walmart is listed for pre-orders on Nintendo's website, and it seems unlikely that their site would happen to glitch at the exact moment everyone predicted their pre-order would go live.

I'm not buying it. My order went from "processing" to "preparing order." I've been charged. Hopefully nothing changes.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 17:27:23 »
Ehhh so did they actually go live on Amazon at all yet? I signed up for notifications and received nothing. Nothing in spam or anywhere.

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 17:29:40 »
Ehhh so did they actually go live on Amazon at all yet? I signed up for notifications and received nothing. Nothing in spam or anywhere.

Yeah, apparently in the middle of the night (like 1:30am PT) Amazon had ordering up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/6v9mab/snes_classic_possibly_on_amazon

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 17:49:24 »
Where the **** were the text and email notifications?

Offline monkeysontoast

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 17:56:07 »
Where the **** were the text and email notifications?

It didn't go up on the main listing for the SNES Classic that they have on Amazon now, and that all of us were set up with notifications for. It was a completely different listing with no photo and a weird title, but the SNES description. So far, no one can determine if the orders are legit or not...some customer service reps have said yes, some have apparently said no. What's not up for debate is that it was a mistake to put the pre-order live on that listing, instead of the correct one. It seems that Amazon has or will have more stock...it's just a matter of when the pre-order will go live again.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 07:24:49 »
Worst pre-order day in history. Zero notifications from any site despite being signed up. Middle of the night postings. Target removing items from carts (happened to me). GameStop saying pre-orders available but no mention of it being in store only.
keyboards.

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 19:23:03 »
I'm tired of Nintendo's artificial scarcity bull****, it's 2017, just make enough to meet demand.

They seem to try really hard not to take people's money. I want to support Nintendo, but if the SNES mini isn't easily obtainable, I'll be building an RPi emulator. Screw paying scalpers/botters their enormous markup.
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 06:42:24 »
I already have every nes and snes game ever made playing on my homebrew wii with wireless classic controllers!  But I still want this thing because it's freaking cool.  But I will not pay above retail, and I will not jump through hoops.  Guess they don't want my money.
keyboards.

Offline wesleyjhere

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 13:36:21 »
Seriously, I know Japanese companies rarely care about the American consumer or whatever but this is ridiculous. The nostalgia is at an all time high for this system and the generation who grew up with it for the most part is at a time in their life where $80 for a cool looking box isn't really a huge hurdle.

Offline monkeysontoast

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 15:54:56 »
I already have every nes and snes game ever made playing on my homebrew wii with wireless classic controllers!  But I still want this thing because it's freaking cool.  But I will not pay above retail, and I will not jump through hoops.  Guess they don't want my money.

Same! I've got a working, original SNES with all of my favorite games, plus a Wii with Homebrew channel with all the NES (I still have an original NES, too) and SNES games I could ever want. STILL. The SNES is my favorite console, ever, and I need this! It's convenient, reliable and adorable...just the packaging alone has me so hyped (I don't have my original SNES box *sad face*).