Author Topic: Hello GH community!  (Read 2306 times)

Offline MrBeefy

Hello GH community!
« on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 21:34:34 »
All,

My name is Greg, and I am a keeb-oholioc.  Ive been dealing with my addiction for about 5-6 months now and have thus far purchased a RGB pok3r, WASD 104 (work,) IC K-type (obviously still waiting on this one,) and have recently built my first budget gh60. Im mid 40's, married with three boys, and am work as an application manager in a fortune 500 co. in NorCal USA.

I find it kind of funny to be joining a forum (sooo 2005,) but in my thirst for keyboard knowledge, I find this is definitely the spot.  I go by greg94080 over on reddit and look forward to the community interaction. 

Cheers!

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Re: Hello GH community!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 06:33:55 »
Hi Greg, welcome to Geekhack :)

I too bought a WASD for work, which switches have you gone for? Are you an enlightened tactile user? Or an in denial linear loser?? ;)

I agree that forums are a little old fashioned, but at least this looks more modern than most other forums you see still around. Its also a bit better for finding information about stuff I find, even if we don't have a wiki. Wikis are for losers anyway :D

Hope you enjoy your stay!
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline MrBeefy

Re: Hello GH community!
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 07 October 2017, 15:52:17 »
Hi Katushkin,  :)

Thanks for the warm welcome.  I have cherry greens on my WASD 104 and absolutely love them.  And as noisy as they are, I have heard no complaints from my co-workers thus far.  I don't have any linear switches yet but the k-type that I ordered is coming with the Halo True's which I understand are linear so I will soon see what this hype is about.  I have browns on my pok3r and have been really impressed with the gat blues on my gh60 I built and have bought more for my next build.

This is the first forum I have been on in a long time and used to admin some old vbulletin paintball based boards back in the day (07.)  I'm super excited to jump in on one of the GB's one of these days and am keeping my eye out for a 70% or the like setup.   :thumb: