Author Topic: [SOLD] 1st-run GE/Marquette (Unicomp) cardio board  (Read 2994 times)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
[SOLD] 1st-run GE/Marquette (Unicomp) cardio board
« on: Sat, 23 December 2017, 03:04:24 »
"GE marquette Keyboard ECG/Cath""

Unicomp made these special cardio-system boards for four years—first for GE's Marquette division, then GE Medical Systems. Only this first run (2002) also had Unicomp's logo. The rest merely say "Unicomp" inconspicuously on the back.

Currently at just $45 + 12 U.S. shipping (ends Tues., Jan. 2 at 7 p.m.), so if you've wanted one of these, it may be worth watching.
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 January 2018, 22:30:37 by ander »
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline JP

Re: 1st-run GE/Marquette (Unicomp) cardio board
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 23 December 2017, 07:30:44 »
This one has some neat legends. Not really a fan of the yellow numpad though.
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 23 December 2017, 09:30:36 »
Nice!  I can't remember what version the one I got was, but I like the 'Wave' key on this one.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 18:56:55 »
This one has some neat legends. Not really a fan of the yellow numpad though.

Are you kidding? That's a unique feature, AFAIK.

Well, you could hold out for one of these toned-down, logoless versions:

185181-0

...but they don't turn up nearly as often.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 19:37:18 »
Nice!  I can't remember what version the one I got was, but I like the 'Wave' key on this one.

I'm only guessing here, but maybe that enabled the technician to signal the cardiologist to wave to the patient on the treadmill, to encourage them.  :?)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 01 January 2018, 23:26:54 »
Relisted

If anyone gets this but doesn't want the keycaps (especially the yellow ones), you know where to send them ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 14:13:57 »

I'm only guessing here, but maybe that enabled the technician to signal the cardiologist to wave to the patient on the treadmill, to encourage them.  :?)
I thought it was for when the day was done to signal everyone to 'do the wave' and then part for home.  :)) ;D

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 14:14:26 »
Relisted

If anyone gets this but doesn't want the keycaps (especially the yellow ones), you know where to send them ...
I'm tempted to send them an offer even though I've got something like this already!

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 22:30:21 »
Wow, it went for the asking price. Someone got a sweet deal. (Well, I tried to tell you...)

I would've bought this one if I didn't already have one, or if I didn't care if I was married.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: [SOLD] 1st-run GE/Marquette (Unicomp) cardio board
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 00:44:48 »
Wow, it went for the asking price. Someone got a sweet deal. (Well, I tried to tell you...)

I would've bought this one if I didn't already have one, or if I didn't care if I was married.

Bidding ended with 0 bids - didn't sell?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ