Author Topic: KBDFANS 8X  (Read 3471 times)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
KBDFANS 8X
« on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 11:51:38 »
https://kbdfans.myshopify.com/products/gbkbdfans-8x-mechanical-keyboard-kit

$270 for a custom TKL with a QMK pcb and WKL top if you wish (and this includes 90 of their new aliaz switches in the weight of your choice).

I think it looks great and the price seems decent.  From what I see in the comments, It appears they're open to adding pretty much any color combo you want (including custom color plates).

The only downside I see is that it would be hard to move around on the desktop with nothing to grab on the edges, and the keys seem to sit exactly level with the board.  I prefer the switches to be about 2mm lower.

Thoughts?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: KBDFANS 8X
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 11:59:41 »
last time we had an easily acessable TKL custom was the KMAC

if the quality of this is similar to other kbdfans boards, i'll probably pick one up in the future

a great entry-level board for anyone who wants a TKL custom without paying the premium cost for many of them

plus, i've been looking for a board that i wouldn't feel sacrilegious putting non-cherry switches in

box whites here i come
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 16:22:38 »

if the quality of this is similar to other kbdfans boards, i'll probably pick one up in the future

a great entry-level board for anyone who wants a TKL custom without paying the premium cost for many of them

plus, i've been looking for a board that i wouldn't feel sacrilegious putting non-cherry switches in

box whites here i come

Hey Pudsy are you going WKL or WK?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 16:26:16 »

box whites here i come

if i do buy one, it'll be WKL red
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 18:12:36 »

box whites here i come

if i do buy one, it'll be WKL red

Oh thats gonna be a spicy one, good luck.

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 17 January 2018, 12:07:44 »
I've not needed / wanted anything bigger than a 75%, but this looks like such a good buy, and I've had lots of good experience with KBDfans, I might have to put an order in..

I'll probably miss the group buy though as I need to clear some projects first, but I'm optimistic that they'll stock it permanently soon after. If not, aftermarket it is.
KBD75; Alps64 trio; some other stuff