Author Topic: Logitech M570 vs. Mx Ergo  (Read 10045 times)

Offline Kavik

Logitech M570 vs. Mx Ergo
« on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 16:04:37 »
I've been using a Logitech M570 thumb trackball at work for about a year and a half now. I like it quite a bit. It would probably be perfect if it were a couple millimeters longer and wider.

I got the M570 for $26 on Amazon. Walmart.com also had them for this price, but, in store, they were $40. Now the price seems to vary quite a bit, but nowhere has them as cheap now. I'm wondering if I should try to grab another one or two for the future when they are still available or if I should just try out the Mx Ergo. It's still over double the worst price of an M570.

Does anyone personally know how they compare in shape and feel and size? The tilt is appealing, but the forward and back buttons' flatness is concerning. I'd be happy if it's bigger (or feels bigger in hand) than the M570.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline TomBodet

Re: Logitech M570 vs. Mx Ergo
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 15:48:14 »
They're sure not worth the $99.

The tilt is done via a magnetic plate.  You stand the body up on an edge to get the tilt.  Couldn't tell if it would hold up or collapse if you leaned on it a certain way.

It does feel bigger.  I started on the marble+ and miss the whole hand rest size of it.  This seems like a step back to that.

That's all I got out of 2 minutes of pawing at one at BB.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 16:13:03 »
They're sure not worth the $99.

The tilt is done via a magnetic plate.  You stand the body up on an edge to get the tilt.  Couldn't tell if it would hold up or collapse if you leaned on it a certain way.

It does feel bigger.  I started on the marble+ and miss the whole hand rest size of it.  This seems like a step back to that.

That's all I got out of 2 minutes of pawing at one at BB.

Thanks for the feedback. I am curious about how the magnetic plate would hold up as well. The $99 price gave me some sticker shock; since they are new, I don't have to worry about getting one NOW, so I can bear to wait until a price drop if and when my M570 dies. I'm just worried the M570's time is drawing to a close soon and I should get another before they are discontinued.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 16:16:40 »
All content is read in this thread. It was a new knowledge for me. I see it as a really useful thing.

??????????????????????????????