Author Topic: [FS] 1986 Model M 122-key, Kensington Trackball, Alps Numpad, Junk Model M Case  (Read 2044 times)

Offline kishy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Eye Bee M
    • http://kishy.ca/
A few items I'd like to get rid of:

1. IBM 1386887 Model M, 122-key, for 3179 terminal
Yes, this is "that" keyboard, one of the two I used to make my big splash into GH back in the day. No, I do not expect that adds any historical value. These days, you would use something like Soarer's converter for this, as I have.

This keyboard is old and tired. The barrel plate has horizontal cracks and it is missing more rivets than it has left. I used to use this keyboard, but it became unreliable due to rivets popping off on a regular basis. The remaining rivets may not even survive shipping. Because of the barrel plate cracks, I'm not even sure it's a good bolt mod candidate. This is being sold whole but for parts. It is reasonably clean but not perfect and has spent the last 2 years in my garage.

Serial number 1016722, birthdate 1986-10-16.
25 CAD, plus shipping cost.

2. External numpad from Ultinet (Nan Tan) 386 laptop, proprietary interface, old Alps switches, disassembled
Previously discussed here.
At some point, I decided to start desoldering switches on this, before I was very good at it. I think some of the removed switches are damaged as they don't feel right when pushing them. These switches are tactile but the sound is fairly quiet, not loud clicky by a long shot.

Free, plus shipping cost.

3. Kensington Expert Mouse 64215 Version 5.0. Edit 2018-04-04: this is no longer available.

4. Junk IBM Model M case, exceptionally poor condition
I parted out this keyboard over 5 years ago and somehow I still have the case.
Manufactured in Mexico 1993-07-01. Condition as shown.
Screws have since been used elsewhere; no longer included.

Free, plus shipping cost.

5. IBM 12J3618 ScrollPoint mouse. Edit 2018-03-10: this is no longer available.

All items are shipping from Windsor, ON, Canada via Canada Post. I will ship anywhere. Payment is accepted via PayPal. I am a long-established member and don't expect anyone should have any issues trusting me, but my Heatware is here (and I've had many more successful transactions that aren't reflected there).

I understand Tapatalk offers a messaging function over and above the built-in forum software PM system. I do not use Tapatalk, so please stick to the forum software PM system for me to see your message.
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 April 2018, 09:58:21 by kishy »
Enthusiast of springs which buckle noisily: my keyboards
Want to learn about the Kishsaver?
kishy.ca

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • weird funny old guy
I have repaired barrel plates with model cement (the old-fashioned kind that people used to sniff) and it has worked well.

After a bolt-mod, there isn't much chance for movement anyway.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
I have repaired barrel plates with model cement (the old-fashioned kind that people used to sniff) and it has worked well.

After a bolt-mod, there isn't much chance for movement anyway.

This is good to know. I figured it may be salvageable, but didn't want to get any hopes up that it would be.
kishy.ca

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
Bump; availability edits made to the OP.
kishy.ca