Author Topic: PBT Keys for Rosewill RK‑9000V2  (Read 3050 times)

Offline RobbieFresh

PBT Keys for Rosewill RK‑9000V2
« on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 12:32:54 »
Hi,

I'm looking for PBT key caps for my Rosewill RK‑9000V2 (Cherry MX Blues). Here are my constraints:

1) Price <$50-60
2) Trusted brand
3) Out-of-box compatible, I'm not interested in sanding the keys so that they work with the stabilizer bars. (I'm also assuming they need to be OEM profile).
4) Compatible with Blue 40A-R O-rings
4) Plain black or dark-grey colored, lettering on top of keys.
5) Keys that have a nice feel, I don't like sharp edges.

Any suggestions would be extremely helpful! I'm new to the game in terms of different keycap types, brands, etc because I've been using the stock keys since I bought it.

Thanks!

Offline Tactile

Re: PBT Keys for Rosewill RK‑9000V2
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 13:16:35 »
Scroll down to the bottom of this page to find three sets you might like.
REΛLFORCE

Offline RobbieFresh

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 14:07:18 »
Tactile, thanks for the reply. Those key caps look nice, but I was reading somewhere though that they have some anti-bacterial coating on them? Can anyone confirm this?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 21:22:30 »
Tactile, thanks for the reply. Those key caps look nice, but I was reading somewhere though that they have some anti-bacterial coating on them? Can anyone confirm this?

All keycaps have some sort of coating on them, generally for UV protection. I'm not sure about these specific ones, though.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Riverman

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 16:21:43 »
You're thinking of Tai-Hao, which is the manufacturer of the grey/black set on the left at that page.  I'd just email WASD and ask if it has their "nano anti-biosis" coating.  Tai Hao has been making sets without it pretty regularly lately.  Mechanicalkeyboards.com sells quite a few PBT keycap sets for under $50, and I think they have another shipment coming in this month or next.  The set that WASD sells always bugged me because it has blank keycaps instead of the Windows logo ones, which makes no sense because every other set Tai Hao make uses the Windows logo.